Your battle.net account has logged in someplace else?

I keep getting this when I am not in game, but the bnet launcher is open. I have authenticator and checked my login activity, it’s all me. Is this a bnet issue or should I be more concerned?

Do you use a VPN or log in from another location or device, Cluckadin? I see a few log ins that are slightly different from your normal ones. However, it does look like the same basic location, which is usually explained because you may have logged in from your phone, or a friends house, etc…

It doesn’t look like anything is amiss, especially sine you have an Authenticator and SMS protect on the account.

2 Likes

I log into the forums at work, and on my phone sometimes. I don’t use the mobile app currently as I am not subscribed. No vpn involved. I agree it doesn’t look like anything is going on, but also wondering if there is some issue with your systems that might need checking that it would display this message repeatedly. Or maybe just a patch day glitch.

Logging in to two different devices/locations could make the message appear without it being any issue with Blizzard’s systems. If it were Blizzard’s systems there would be a lot more posts about it.

2 Likes

I hadn’t done any other logging in during the time it popped up

Being logged into Battlenet via your phone, logged into the game, and also into the forums all at the same time can trigger this, as can any combo of the above.

When this has happened to me, it’s usually because I’ve started up the game and while I’m waiting for it to login/load, I head to the forums to browse. The system counts this as logging in twice because battlenet is getting two hits at the same time. I can imagine that if I used the phone app as well, I’d see this message a lot more than I do.

Seems a little odd that opening the forums would kick me out of the launcher. I know it used to happen with the mobile app, but that is actually logging in characters. Anyway thanks for the clarification/

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

The same issue is happening to me, but I don’t log into anything on a different device other than the authenticator.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

The same issue is happening to me, but I don’t log into anything on a different device other than the authenticator.

Do you login on the WoW app? - I’m not talking about the authenticator app.

1 Like

3 YEARS LATER

Please be mindful this thread is three years old. Dead threads hate being awakened. In the future please start your own baby thread to let mature.

1 Like

As I mentioned in my original response, there was no indication of any changes in access. The best I can recommend is to submit a bug report. For a “fix” we’d need to be able to verify what is happening and then why, so that would be the best starting place.

4 Likes