You Want to Know Why I'm Quitting?

I’m not some salty gamer, I’m not bad at the game in it’s current state. I have gotten 7 of my character to 395+ IL, and have decided this game just isn’t for me anymore. I’d like to identify publicly, before I go, why this game has fallen so far from my perspective.

It’s not the community being toxic, nor anything less, than the lack of inspiration in the decision making going on with the development and growth of this game. They have become creatively uniform when it comes to class identity, giving most classes the same generic toolkit with different names for their abilities. For instance, every class now has a kick/pummel. In the past, each class had their own ways to deal with spellcasters, warriors had reflect, warlocks had a shadow shield, that protected them from nature and shadow damage. Classes abilities made them unique. And mana freaking mattered to non healer roles aswell.

They’ve completely butchered it. They’ve lost their way. They are uninspired, writer’s block across the board. Every class’s weakness is shored up with the same answers, kicks and stuns. Which just makes the game not fun. They couldn’t find a fun way to address balance in pvp? I could have. Give me 5 minutes, could have done it. All they would have needed to do is looked back, and seen what they had done in the past, learned from their predecessors. What they set up beforehand. That’s how you have thematic progression in a story or character/class development. You actually tie in elements from the past.

They just don’t know what they’re doing over there guys!.. It’s just sad, seeing how freaking uniform the game has gotten. Everything is the same! And so I have decided to just not play ever again. And I just want to encourage other people to dump this game. Play different games guys. This game is a garbage FIRE. And we’re all just throwing money into it. They have lost their passion. There is no passion!

86 Likes

I really would like a break down one day on how all the specs/classes are apparently the same. Because I just don’t see it.

Is this purely about PVP?

14 Likes

I was with you until you try to get others to quit to validate your opinion.

36 Likes

no i dont care why anyone does. if it’s not fun dont play it.

7 Likes

if you could do this in 5 minutes of your time when paid professionals struggle with it on a daily basis then write a suggestion to blizzard for free and help them out.

Except, you probably can’t.

8 Likes

“And so I have decided to just not play ever again.”

Yeah, don’t be so sure. Things change. The design direction may course correct to a place you want to be part of. Life has taught me not to make “never again” statements to avoid eating crow when things change. Granted, the game has a lot of issues right now, but nobody knows for sure what the future will hold.

2 Likes

I wrote them plenty of suggestions. Honestly, they just lack the imagination for me to justify playing along anymore. If you wanted me to tell you how I’d fix this game. I’d probably have to make a whole lot of Hot Topic Demon hunters, rogues, and a whole lot of other people upset with how I’d do it. But they’d all get more unique abilities in the long run. But you know, I don’t really want to make specific players rage because I tell them why their class is actually garbage. That’s the thing, cause it’s not their fault. It’s the devs fault, for being creatively inept. Or maybe really, if they are going to do something so INNOVATIVE, as they did with demon hunters, they should have looked at all the other classes too, copy pasted, worked with that guy, and his inspiration. And made the game better ultimately by letting that guy take the lead.

3 Likes

Just dropping in to respond to the title …

No, not really. Thanks for sharing though. I’m sure all the people above/below me had a great read.

6 Likes

Agreed. Game is horrible now.

21 Likes

Muh PVP tho!
Anyways if it’s not fun then hope you find something that is fun.
Developers don’t really read these forums so your just writing a letter to yourself ---- that’s all it really is unfortunately .

Im a DM in DND, so I can see when people are creatively struggling, and I have watched these people crash and burn. It’s a whole lot of issues, a whole lot holding them back. I’m sure there are great guys in there somewhere who have truly inspired imaginations. And they just do not have the power to stop this downward spiral. There is a sweaty man at his desk, just putting his foot down. Not willing to risk a thing, because of money. Which I understand. And it’s why, no, this game will not get better.

11 Likes

the issue here is i don’t know what justifications you have for stating that your solutions are, in fact, solutions instead of creating other massive imbalances or making the game less fun to play.
And since you are basically saying you don’t want to say it here because it’ll just upset some players, all i can say is that I don’t think you have any related experience or qualifications in this field, so it honestly only sounds like " i’m much smarter than blizzard but they wont do what i told them cuz they’re too dumb to understand my genius". kinda situation

4 Likes

No, I don’t want to know why you’re quitting.

5 Likes

Well, I certainly do not agree but that is another thing. However, take it easy and if you ever decide to come back, Azeroth will be here.

Most of the classes that use mana, don’t even really use mana anymore when they’re dps. It’s hilarious that no one can see what a garbage fire this game has become. Are you serious? Do you not see the Demon Hunter leaping into the air, and raining LIGHTNING from above, to no meelee answers?! That guy got away with some crap! Whoever had that idea! It’s too bad nobody had such good ideas as that guy!

5 Likes

To quote a very famous saying.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is nothing exciting about the Alliance, especially gnomes.

I prefer this

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Horde has freed me

There you have it, the truth and wisdom of the ages.

3 Likes

I’ll just let everybody go on about their business. It was just a query, if someone wanted to know why I’m quitting, I’m sure I’ve made myself clear. That’s why I made the title like that.

5 Likes

You are right, OP. Sadly.

The one place we disagree is when you tell other players to quit. I already have quit. I probably should have quit permanently during WoD but I needed to reach that decision on my own, you know? I needed BfA to show me that even leveling makes me want to log off now.

We are all different and can’t tell others to quit when we are fed up.

8 Likes

No

2 Likes

And yet here you are. Just like the people that came here knowing they’d make a complaint response, chastising OP for straying away from the flock.

3 Likes