You wanna explain this?

scaling still exists to some extent

on a 410 character sometimes i see things hitting say 22k that show as hitting 18k for my 400 partner

you actually do less damage to lesser geared players but it’s a small ish amount

health and healing dont scale and neither does secondary stats though so it’s obviously always better to have more hp/haste/crit/vers ect
but yes you do actually do slightly less damage against players significantly lesser geared than you

that’s gunna be a no from me dawg.

Im not sure. One was an orc mage and one was an undead mage. Both just spammed blink, G. Pyro, and poly.

You should thank Blizzard for this stupid scaling system where all damage is scaled up/down based on ilvl without affecting any HP % based damage or healing output.

This poop system allow people to “exploit” it by having two DPS with % based dmg (GPY) running with a geared healer (400+ ilvl to be 200k hp). Scaling will make the mages not only be much harder to kill by taking reduced dmg but also allow the druid to be much more effective on his heals and saving a poop-load of mana.

Thank you Blizzard, I hope you all are proud of this crap-show.

2 Likes

“you wanna explain this?” no.

Sounds like a cataclysmic error in game strategy dewd, cant be letting em get off gpyros

Is this actually a thing?

I’d like some actual prood of this. Would I be able to test this in a duel to confirm this?

Based on reports and scattered information, dmg will scale up/down based on ilvl. You can test this by dueling somebody with different ilvl.

Try to find somebody with 30-40 ilvl difference so the difference is more evident and then compare the dmg numbers from our combat log vs his/her combat log. Healing seems to not be affected by this so does HP% abilities, such as GPY.

Again, nothing is 100% since Blizzard never released an official explanation other than the “2+2=4, -1=3” and all the information we are using is based on what people are discovering while playing the game.

1 Like

Everything is working at intended. Blizzard has a weird love for mages and rogues.

They only have to press 3 buttons to excel.

1 Like