You need to add another raid, don't chicken out

I was deeply saddened by seemingly hearing that this is the end of SL. Not because I think SL is so great. There are problems here. They put may too much mcguffin gathering between us an functional characters.

It’s interesting that you guys have these extra ideas, but you really need to meter them out … stop and consider what you are asking players to do in order to either play the game and/or prepare a character for tasks.

The end of expansion adrenaline fueled carnival ride marathon gameplay that came out in BFA with corruption only worked a little specifically because it was end of expansion. We had years to develop attachments to IRL people, game content, characters, and world. That’s the emotional attachment.

To some degree it was really cool to take that basis and overpower it for a short time. To another degree it was freaking exhausting and it used people up. You can’t ask people to shell out that kind of effort right at the beginning of an xpac, no way. To exhaust themselves early … it’s like premature whatnots.

Whatever though, whatever the errors were in SL it’s a bad BAD BAAAAADDDDDDD idea to cut this short in terms of guild content. And I know you guys are rushing it now because I’ve played this game so freaking long.

(1) Continue to develop you big bad ending scheme. How about no bugs this time? Do the testing internally with real people and NDAs and confiscated cellphones and stuff like that. Stop the information flow, don’t blow it early again. Work on it, make it a good final act.

(2) Abandon the idea of Taz as m+ content. Nobody does it now, and less than nobody will do m+. It was just too inaccessible to begin with. Break it up into two dungeons and throw it in the finder. Done.

(3) Convert taz into 10-20 raid with RF, norm, heroic. It’s a bit of a shoehorn so limit size. Skip mythic because that takes too long (for us and for you) put your mythic raid marbles in the end raid. Leave the breadcrumb quest in place if people want to do it for I don’t know … timewalk gear or fun with 5s. For raid, just make a guy that gives a temp neck token at the start if you don’t have it already. Make the gear level a half-step up. Have bosses drop embers and add dom slots to appropriate items — thus tying it into the existing system. You could easily add one more level to all the gems without having anything OP, just don’t make it cost 100, 50 is high enough unless you plan to drop the currency at an appropriate amount.

Done. Now you have time to finish things right with SL. Continue QoL and better gameplay fixes. More time to work on the final chapter. More time to develop a legion-level blowout next time. And bonus — more guild and big group content cohesion.

Here’s your argent crusade filler,

Look expansions need 4 big raids, full big chapter experiences. With additional side-content as needed. If you aren’t doing that, well, it’s just screwing the customer.

1 Like

Dude, they just spent time and resources on a video trying to assure us that the devs are still committed and, “Hey, we have women on the team. See?!” instead of providing a content preview, which is what everyone actually wanted.

You think they’re gonna start making good choices out of the blue?

3 Likes

Slands needs a short 1-3 boss Onyxia style raid

3 Likes

Yeah, those things can be fun, the minis. But those are in addition to 4 big chapter raids.

Reading up, I can see little errors and improvements, it was an off the cuff idea not really ironed out. But the meat is there.

Given the complexity of Taz it doesn’t integrate into the m+ competition well. It’s like some hybrid experience, 5-man raid, which I is total anathema to this game, poisonous. But it should be split and thrown into finder, not to degrade it but to make it accessible. It’s worthy of being elevated to raid and probably could be done with reasonable effort if mythic is left out.

Integration with the dom-shard could be dropped or kept … but my sense is dropping that straight away is setting off a very large dislike-bomb on the players. Even if people say they aren’t fans of it, an enormous amount of time was spent on them, to have them go poofgone* is not a good idea. And given how minimally they impact things, they are easy to work around. That’s not a drop-doms argument either. It doesn’t matter how minimal the impact is. Gathering them was not minimal. Other nice thing is they are easy to catch-up too. Like how over the time of Legion and BFA base AP drops were raised at certain setpoints. It’s a player-recognizeable “reasonable good thing”.

There is that big raid portal like entrance in the south of Ardenweald. I honestly thought they might have something for that, guess not though. Sad. Another failed opportunity.

3 Likes

The area that’s kinda near DoS entrance? Yeah, I was always curious what that was for. I know a rare soaens there sometimes, but kinda seems unused.

1 Like

I was expecting a Thros raid. Like the end of the Ardenweald campaign has you close up that portal. However we learn that the Drust did invade Ardenweald some time beforehand so what is to say they wouldn’t invade again? So we take the lesson from Legion and convince the Wild Hunt to launch an all out assault on Thros. End the drust threat for good. Hell, quite a lot of evil Drust made it through the grove of awakening. So they are now back on Azeroth.

2 Likes

I really liked the drust especially in bfa. I would have loved a raid there. Even a little 2-3 boss mini raid or a mega dungeon or something. Would have been cool. Sadly a missed opportunity

1 Like

I’d say we need more of a ToV-style raid since ToV was excellent for where it landed in Legion. Onyxia is just one boss, always and forever.

2 Likes

fun fact: i literally cannot remember the name of the short BFA raid except DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIDENT

i think bobby should resign

2 Likes

Uu’nat, or some spelling of that sort. That whole place was such a mess. Only time in my WoW career I’ve just said “peace out” when I heard we were going back there after getting AOTC.

2 Likes

It is honestly funny how Uu’nat became very easy with better gear since you can just push the phases meanwhile the first boss in Crucible of Storms got more annoying. Since you can’t push the bosses too fast or you get overwhelmed with the adds you need to deal with. Mainly the ones that need to get their casts off in a staggered fashion. Plus you could risk the one or both bosses empowering the same rune twice in a row or have multiple runes up at the same time. Crown + Void stone is a terrible combo.

1 Like

honestly guys, thank you for the chatter,

in truth, I don’t care what they add, but they can’t just skip to the end now, that would be so f’d up.

I understand that company wide everything feels scuffed right now and you just want to wipe things clean … but that is such a rookie designer/programer mistake. The work of designers and programmers is always building on other things that are imperfect. It’s never the right answer to throw away something that feels bad for “reasons”, it’s always better to fix things over time and build. iterate iterate iterate.

EDIT: because after a few passes you find yourself in a spot where things start to click, and that’s when the love and real positive work begins. do that guys, don’t cut things short.

1 Like

If only the ones calling the shots were as enthusiastic as you are. Their share holders, and the ones that order the worker bees don’t seem to care too much. As long as they see a profit, they’ll keep churning out the bare minimum.

1 Like

it’s funny … and by that I mean not funny at all, people joke about that,

But it’s actually a real business model now to scuff subscription services down to crap slowly over time. To cut resources invested in the product and siphon off profits all the while depending on the stickiness of subscriptions to maintain cash flow. Over time, cashflow goes down but profits stay high because costs have been cut so much.

There’s actually a massive hedge fund built around this kind of slow destruction of news subscriptions. It’s immensely profitable and kind of evil. I think my old guild leader was caught up in that, he worked for a software company that made stuff publishers use. They were bought and stripped, it was so massively stressful for him to fire so many people and see his job (big part of his life and relationships) of 40yrs go up in smoke, it killed him in the end.

I don’t think the uptick in 6mo rewards, store activity, transparent un-fun time soaks, game systems, and content loss bodes well. I think I’m starting to emotionally disinvest here and there. I’ve done it before, gave away my stuff and deleted a rack of maxlevels in a grand old game once. It feels bad for a while, a good while. But then that turns into a real good feeling over time. When the memories are better than the game. We’ll see.

Hope I’m wrong,

I wouldn’t mind a baby raid; I’d really like one with a good heirloom weapon and maybe trinket on the lass two bosses. Something good into the next expansion through heroic dungeons would be super. Give us all something to grind on during the lull in expansions.

They did this in MoP Problem was more that the drops were random after you had your spec’s weapons/trinket and that was a bit annoying; I’d prefer a currency system.

1 Like