You have strayed so far from the game as we knew it

The game never got serious for me until Death Knights were a thing. And since we are sending the foolish mortals to the Shadow… Err, since we are going to the Shadowlands to hunt down that blasted banshee, the game hasnt strayed far from where it used to be.

Sylvannas has been a traitor and a conniving piece of scum from the moment she regained control from Arthas and worked against him. Shes been on my hit list since warcraft 3, and I cant wait for the day I can finally reap her. Whether that be in Shadowlands or whatever 11.2 ends up being.

full disclaimer: Of all my hate of the retail game Artistically it’s a beautiful thing. I love the new models and what the Art team has done both with the world and the models and the animation improvements.

Moving the game graphically into 2020 is a GOOD thing.

Changing the fundamental design of the game and its progression systems from what made it so attractive in the past is the BAD thing.

6 Likes

vanilla wow was so complicated you totally couldn’t run it on a cell phone. This current wow? pssh. easily ran on a snes. Anyone who disagrees with me is a timegated anti flight anti fun no lifer.

11111111111111111211 I just killed Ragnros.

8 Likes

Classic models aren’t good, it’s nostalgia.

14 Likes

It’s more than the models. No one was against high res improvements to player characters. But what we got was a drastic departure from the characters that we created and got to know.

Then factor in the over-animation of everything - janky facial expressions and moving mouths, casting animations that are busy just for the sake of being busy, randomly floating in the air while casting - none of this is or was true to the spirit of our characters. It’s movement for the sake of movement and it takes away from the game.

So while something new and improved would have been fine in theory, the final product utterly failed to deliver on its promise to be HD models of the characters we’d had for ~10 years up to that point.

6 Likes

You could run classic on the brick gameboy gtfo lol
Complicated? not even close lol

6 Likes

People are still complaining about the objectively superior WoD character models?

Isn’t that the only thing of value we got from that bloody half-expansion?

6 Likes

look if you can’t comprehend the sheer complexity of casting either rank 8 heal or rank 7 its not even worth getting into. no m+ affix even comes close to the sheer depth, story telling, player choice of casting my heal for 1k hp or 800hp.

4 Likes

Clearly. yeah everyone loves retail… oh wait

2 Likes

I’d actually like it better if they kept the old underwear style but updated the model.

Mortis applies a german suplex hold on Lovefool.

1 Like

/Applies a full nelson to Mortis

Sometimes showing a little less booty is even more appealing

/cast Mandalorian impression

I’m Brazilian. Thongs are part of my religion.

7 Likes

You should recant your heretical views and repent…

Boy shorts bikini bottoms are clearly superior.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m glad they changed the character models, the ones from Classic are absolutely trash looking.

Yes, retail needs saving and has been, “dying” for 15 years.

Yawn.

11 Likes

/Pulls out his to do list and begins penciling in an item

“Send an Orcish inquisition to the great nation of Brazil. Heresy must be purged.”

2 Likes

Fight if you must, Lovefool. It is no matter. In the end, we all serve… the thong!

2 Likes

I remember playing Classic WoW after release, played it for two days. I had forgotten how absolutely awful character models looked back then. Class design was even worse in Classic than any other era in the history of the game. Hey, lets spam one ability over and over and over and over again.

Changes happen to nearly every part of life, deal with it, or stay in nostalgia lands for the rest of your WoW life.

5 Likes