You have been removed from the group

Vote to kick should give a warning first before removing a player. Vote to kick should be a reportable action if abused. Examples of abuse, a player is kicked for dying once on a boss fight. A player asks a question and is removed from the group. These should not be valid reasons to remove someone and should be reportable as abuse. Tanks hold too much power in 5man pugs because it takes so long to find a replacement. The group will just go along with what the tank wants because they do not want to lose him and have to wait for another tank. Something needs to be done about this.

3 Likes

Yeah, you should use the 'ole tank spec

4 Likes

That’s an unrealistic expectation, not everyone has a tank spec.

1 Like

but you do.

2 Likes

Is it so hard to not annoy people or just learn the content you’re doing enough to be able to pull your own weight?

1 Like

we were doing a time walking BC 5man…

We’ve kicked many tanks from LFGs before. I don’t know what you are on about.

1 Like

No, you give tanks far too much credit. I’ve rarely seen a tank or any other player throw down an ultimatum “him or me” and I would be very inclined to vote kick the ultimatum giver, tank or not. I would rather wait 20 minutes on the chance of getting a subpar tank who is decent as a person and play slowly then keep going fast with a d-bag. If the wait is longer than 20 minutes, I’ll wish people good day, and go do something else in wow. There is plenty to do.

If you find yourself getting vote kicked a lot you need to think on why that continues to happen. Something you are doing is triggering it.

The biggest “something you are doing” is probably making mistakes, lots of them. Except everyone else expects everyone else to be an experience player who is familiar with their spec and doesn’t make mistakes.

We have a name for experience players that screw up a lot: Jerks. jerk who is “doing it on purpose.” YOU ARE THE ABUSER

On the other hand a guy who says up front at the beginning of a dungeon, “hey i’m new” or “I’m new to this spec and still making mistakes” or “I’ve just come back to wow and everything is new again”, gets cut a lot of slack. The mistakes they make are opportunities for more experienced guys to offer assistance and advice and that makes those guys feel important (win-win). And people like feeling important. Even if they don’t offer advice, you’ll get a lot more leeway.

1 Like

A group of people who don’t want to play with you anymore isn’t “abuse”.

6 Likes

Look, they’re not going to install any systems that make their lives that much harder that benefit a few complainers in groups. There are thousands of botters that need to be taken care of first. Time is better spent on improving the important parts of the game that affect more people.

The vote kick option is blizzard giving your group the autonomy to decide for themselves. If enough people don’t want you in the group… you don’t belong in the group and you don’t want to be in that group.

This is all speculation and confirmation bias. I’ve seen a vote kick in a group a handful of times and I’ve been around since it was implemented. I understand your concern about the injustices in the world (of warcraft), but the simple fact is this is small potatoes compared to other issues. You’re worried about a maximum of an hour of time wasted. In most cases, under 30 minutes. If you get kicked from a group… just move on with your life. Yea, sometimes it’s ridiculous. But sometimes you have to take a step back and realize what you’re actually upset about.

Whats your point? My statement is still relevant.

lil attitude

this shouldnt need to be said but while the action itself isnt abusive it is certainly capable of being abused

there are plenty of players who will kick for no reason, and it messes up your experience especially if you are an up and coming character, or a dps who just waited half an hour

1 Like

Any type of system is capable of being abused. Your statement is irrelevant.

This statement requires evidence. You haven’t provided any.

In over 10 years of automated queuing, I have never been in a group where people kicked for no reason. While my experience is not necessarily representative, it stands to reason that if these people were so prevalent, I most likely would have encountered them. The fact that I haven’t indicates that your statement may not be true.

What I have seen is people being kicked for bad play or, more commonly, a bad attitude. If someone is being kicked continuously enough for them to consider it a problem, they are most likely the cause of the issue.

2 Likes

my statement was a response to you discrediting his statement by incorrectly assuming the concept of group kicks were abusive, rather than the players being abusive, but nice try junior

i do it

He said that voting to kick should be a reportable action if abused. He then gave examples of abuse that are not actually abuse. His examples were actually situations where people didn’t want to play with him anymore. I corrected him, then you stormed in with your usual BS.

Great, so all your talk in the other thread about basic decency can be discarded. Thanks for this.

We’ve already established that I’ve been playing longer, and by your reasoning, am a better player. Show more respect for your betters.

3 Likes

Also, your admission to this doesn’t support the statement that “plenty” of players do it. My experience is still that there aren’t enough trashbags who would do this to warrant addressing it as a problem.

I did not withdraw anything, I stand by my statement that tanks are the cause of abuse in the LFG system due to a artificial inflation of power. This power is caused by the lack of tanks within the leveling dungeons in the game. It has always been like this and it needs to be addressed.

Stand by it if you like. People stand by wrong statements all the time. It doesn’t make the statements any less wrong.

Be the change you want to see. If you think a rarity of tanks is a problem, then play a tank, and behave the way you think tanks should behave. I’ll be here waiting for your next thread about how dps or healers are the problem…

I play every class in the game, that is not always a possibility. I don’t need you to lecture me on how to change the roll population of the game. I NEED blizzard to adjust there system to reflect the reality of the landscape that they created.