You guys cancelled swifty with no evidence?

Swifty is probably the only streamer that youre not allowed to hate, why are you kicking him to the door over cancel culture teens making false allegations?

21 Likes

This is a very good question.

You have absolutely no idea what Blizzard does or doesn’t know. You don’t have access to chat logs, you only have access to your opinion.

4 Likes

Lawyers are quick to play it safe. That’s why.

8 Likes

The best way to avoid #MeToo is to file for bankruptcy.

7 Likes

I’m somewhat curious as to the reasoning behind this statement.

4 Likes

I refuse to weigh in on allegations until a civil suit or criminal charges are filed. This is why we have a legal system, folks. It’s so criminals can be brought to justice and victims can seek and find redress.

4 Likes

Your post will be locked, mine got locked yesterday after 1.2k likes and over 600+ posts.

2 Likes

This is pretty important. While folks are focusing on what’s been posted on Twitter, folks will submit evidence to companies and authorities directly.

So yeah, we don’t know what Blizzard may or may not know.

1 Like

Or here’s a wild thought…

Be a professional. Have ethics, principles and never behave in a way that could be misconstrued.

Simple as that.

I don’t know who Swifty is, and I don’t judge his character since I don’t know the evidence if any there is.

However, I worked for ten years in management and HR.

My experience has been that 99% of sexual harassment claims that after investigation turn out to be false due to lack of evidence or misunderstandings, could have been avoided if the accused behaved professionally in their job.

People that don’t walk the line, or tip toe around it between professional and inappropriate because they are just trying to be cheeky, never have a problem with false claims.

6 Likes

Still could get in trouble

2 Likes

Not in my experience. Not with sexual harassment claims.

There is already a current thread on this topic, if we could please keep the discussions to one place.

5 Likes

That’s only if you assume that an accusers motive is never to make money.

Human Resources at Dunder Mifflin is a little different than being a wealthy, well known male.

3 Likes

Yes .
10 characters

So basically be a robot?

1 Like

That legal system doesn’t always work, that’s why there is such beauty in the court of public opinion.

There is very little beauty in the court of public opinion. It is mostly anarchy.

3 Likes

Brock Turner case comes to mind. Even with a witness.

2 Likes

You guys made it sound like a permanent ban. Reckful 2.0.