You can admit it or not about PVP

Yeah, blame pvps decade long failure on ONE guy.

Your guild name suits you.

Horde side premades were fairly prevalent, but since Blizzard shutdown Chinese servers, there’s been a huge influx of Chinese players running alliance premades, so now queue times are way up on both sides and solo players generally always suffer. I think a join as raid option (with solo players filling left overs) would be a super simple fix, but people want super elaborate solutions that will take Blizzard a major patch or more to implement, i.e. will never happen since they only care about rated PvP, Mythic+, and Raiding.

They fixed PVP entirely in patch 9.2.7. Tanks took healer spot and tried to match other tanks, so matchmaking times were brought to a reasonable state and all you had to do to have consistently balanced matches was queue as tank. Healers throw a monkey wrench in because they are wildly different performance levels spec to spec. Healer matches are just a nonstop chaotic dumpster fire of people angry about their 45 minute queue match being unplayable. You could queue literally 650 matches and not have a single bad experience in 9.2.7 solo shuffle. Even when it was a healer match, people weren’t in there in a sociopathic rage about how long it took to get in. Then they just unceremoniously undid the fixes for 10.0 with no explanation. Thanks Blizz!

The number of dps vs healers creates these long wait times. Everyone wants to do the big damage, no one wants to heal.

This is according to check-pvp site
At 1800 range, dps out number healers 3.05 to 1 in a game mode that is designed for a 2:1 ratio.

As you get higher, the difference widens. At the 2400 range, you have 4.53 dps per 1 healer.

This is why dps sit such long que times, just not enough healers queing to go around.

That’s what I am referring to, but worded another way. I was more focused on resolving that issue rather than stating it. I played that iteration to rival on 2 chars, it was absolutely the best they have ever done. It is also why I bought Dragonflight, and why I am not currently subscribed. My sub time runs out in 7 days and I am not renewing until tank queue RSS or something very similar with quick matches and quick queue times returns.

PvP should be like raids, unrated battlegrounds should be for not very serious players like lfr is for raiders, not surehow this would be implemented.

Yep. I won’t throw out numbers from thin air. But I know I am not the only retail tourist who went to classic and never really came back. we dropped retails numbers, boosted classic’s.

The pvp would be why. As I saw it all I lost was ashran for “epic” (classic jsut has bg). I have the level cap in retail for when I miss the place. A few crap matches there…and I go now I remember why I don’t miss this place so much lol.

and some retail bg’s I didn’t like much anyway were “lost”. On no, no more temple of hotcrap, err hotmogu. Not playing with panda bal…errr spheres was not a loss for me. It was a win really.

Barring the 30 to 39 bracket where the twinks are jsut horrendous at times…I don’t get one shot as much. Wow never balanced for non level cap pvp…you jsut take those lumps and move on.

80 pvp…I can live 5 seconds. that combat rogue has a great opener. I can live and see if they mess up and I still drop them. Retail I’d blink my eyes and was dead. too many classes who line up procs likes its crazy.

While I agree PvP deserves more dev time, that survey was an abomination and shouldn’t be used in any sortof argument. Many, many people who do M+ also raid and would’ve likely voted it enough to be #2 if everyone had 2 votes.