"You are not pulling enough"

“You are pulling too much”
“I have capped abilities”
“It’s OK we have a warlock”
“Hur dur can’t beat tank DPS”

And the list goes on with complaints in dungeon runs, and I have barely done any dungeon runs since pre patch, no wonder I am seeing posts about complaints with the AOE change, people are all over the place.

So let’s get something straight, there are almost no true uncapped abilities. Most of us with an ‘uncapped’ ability will hit 20 targets and than the damage just stops and gets redistributed to everyone in range. There are only a couple of actual true uncapped abilities, but these are all talents and spells with CD’s. I think there is only one actual uncapped ability with no CD being druids Sunfire.

What’s faster, pulling big still or going one pack at a time to allow for the capped AOE abilities to always hit a target? Me, I think pulling as big as possible until the tank and healer are struggling is still the way to go, well, 20 max if you want maximum effect on each enemy you are attacking.

When I tank I couldn’t care less if you can only hit 5, I can hit 20 and I am pulling 20, not letting some DPS go to waste for your ego because the tank is hitting harder than the DPS and you have a target cap. Get used to it, tanks are not slowing down anytime soon for you, and no, it’s not about hitting harder than the DPS, it’s maximising the DPS we have and minimising the time spent with some rando.

3 Likes

You pay attention to chat too much.

10 Likes

It’s better than having your group yell and scream and kicking you because you are not doing exactly what they want you to do.

People are that petty, they will complain you are not doing it right no matter how you run because they don’t know the dungeons as well as a tank needs to, than kick you from the group for it.

It’s just another layer of stuff the tank now needs to know, who has what DPS caps so we can pull as efficiently as possible, thanks Blizzard.

3 Likes

Imagine that, paying attention to what people are saying in a social game.

5 Likes

Have you tried tanking a LFG lately? Theres a reason I don’t pay attention to chat. Unless I’m in a guild run, then its through voice comms anyway.

2 Likes

People don’t usually talk in the instances I run :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Make the tiniest mistake as a tank, they will soon start… just not in the way people think.

3 Likes

Just play how you want and deal with the outcome accordingly. If the majority decide the most efficient path is to pull single packs and kill them quickly with minimized potential for deaths/wipes then you will be considered bad… If the majority decides mega pulls are still the bees knees then you’re golden.

I heal…if tanks pull huge and I either can’t heal it or am struggling so bad Im having a bad time I will let whoever I see as the problem die… Its that simple… dead dps do no damage… If its the tank I’ll let them die too… If they want to finish/time they will chill out a bit.

Running with pugs is about setting bounderies and sticking with them… otherwise stick to runs with friends/guild mates.

4 Likes

Why you gotta bring locks into this

1 Like

Take it as a compliment, we will soon be seeing 5 man tank or 3 warlock DPS only runs because they can hit more enemies than all other DPS.

Spriests aswell? They just dot everything aswell. Many ghosties.

Why worry about mouth breathers. Mute them in chat and keep rolling and enjoy your run without having to look at their none since. This late in an xpac a lot of pug dungeons groups are full of them and LFR too. They tend to be LFR heroes that think they are gifts to everyone around.

Yeah but that’s mostly afflic, sort of destro when cds are up.

People are only social in WoW Classic and Discord.

2 Likes

Not entirely true, me and some people in a random BRH earlier today got real social because the tank had never been there before, it’s actually kinda nice being able to help people learn there way through dungeons on their first time. Same thing for when I ran shadow labs for… I think a shadowmoon valley quest?

2 Likes

Who cares about the healer right? When you pull 20 and no one can kill them all and leave them to beat on me, stun lock me, and toss around unchecked mechanics while you run ahead and spam the chat with ??? when you die.

7 Likes

Why are people so focused on the most expedient method in anything outside M+?

Are they in a hurry to get back to a major city and look for things to do?

7 Likes

This… be careful telling people to slow down and enjoy their game time though…they will get violent when their programming is challenged…:wink:

3 Likes

to me, speed and pull sizes are subjective, it depends mostly on healers capability along with overall group dps, with recent pre patch changes Ion’s team have made it easier to get into trouble with dungeon pulls. I get some people dont like spending alot of time in dungeons but honestly anything less than a mythic run you shouldnt be trying so hard to get it done so fast, these pug runs often contain players that are not so well geared and under experienced in the run, throwing your fists down and saying “we doing it my way cause i tank” isnt the smartest option. You need to be willing to work with people else they wont want to run with you and that kick comes with a 30min deserter debuff.

1 Like

maybe they assume you can’t speak and are trying to be polite?