You are not alone

Pretty sure that’s community flagging that hid the post. Blizzard tends to completely remove the posts when they decide to intervene, at least in my experience.

1 Like

OP, you think holding your breath might be more helpful?
Try that instead.

No they didn’t.

2 Likes

Yep pretty much every companies customer service is routed to call centers in other countries which is why they can never answer anything and seem to just follow a script that inevitably leads to “sorry we can’t do anything about that”

No blizzard did not, a forum user did.
Grow a brain hmm?

The Player already knows

The player already knows, trust me.

Why do i not buy a word of this except for the being banned part?

It is true that if you repeatedly continue to contact support over a denied appeal, they will warn and eventually suspend your account. But it usually takes quite a bit of continued attempts after they start ignoring you for it to get that far, and it’s certainly not a deletion of your account, they never delete accounts they just ban/suspend them.

Did they not?

There was the big thing about all their lay offs and I thought I read most of them came from the CS dept.

That’s was from accumulating enough community flags to hide the post. It’s understandable that you’re upset at the actions against your account, but try not to unilaterally make everything that happens to you about Blizzard.

Understand that appeals are not chances to present arguments. It’s not a change to plead your case. In fact, it doesn’t have anything to do with the player at all. It’s function is solely to have a new investigator review the case and determine if a mistake was made. GMs are human too. If the evidence is sound and the verdict is correct, the action is upheld.

It’s this nature that leads to what’s called “GM harassment” if appeals are continually submitted. The judgement is final based off several re-reviews. Nothing is going to change it. Thus, continually sending in appeals when overtly told that no more will be accepted is going to add to the existing penalties.

That isn’t the case. The last reduction in force for CS in 2012. There wasn’t anything significant, in terms of support via tickets, in the recent layoffs last February. What was noticeably hit was Community.

6 Likes

The only two positions cut from the CS department were a Bliz It. Analyst and a Blizzard BI programmer.

Page 7:

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/401389950/content?start_page=1&view_mode=&access_key=key-Dh96i2zsTyPm8t95vdMf

What you heard was likely the ramblings of people that can’t get over their hatred of Blizzard. Tons, TONS of misinformation about everything Blizzard gets spread around the various community websites by people who live to hate Blizzard.

3 Likes

Precisely. When people are fired up, it only takes one to say something loud enough and the rest of the world will run wild with it.

3 Likes

Fine, but it seems to me that at some point, preferably early, in that system Activision should say, Your account has been banned/suspended for x amount of time because you violated paragraph y section z of the Terms of Service.

Get em. I love when truth comes with evidence. It is nearly always the case when someone complains about a ban and how it was undeserved they are leaving out huge parts of the story. I am sure most of us saw the “AV Ban” post where the poster essentially got wrecked by a GM clearly stating we watched you and you afk. Love it. I say again, get em.

1 Like

They don’t point to paragraphs, indeed, but they do indicate what the offending category is. Which can be found in the EULA/Code of Conduct if needed. Ex. botting, 3rd party software, exploiting, cheating, chat violation, etc.

It won’t ever be Activision unless it involved one of their games.

1 Like

And there’s a very legitimate reason for that which you were told about in the your CS thread:

In other words:

4 Likes

Because you’re bias and think blizzard has good CS?

I still have the ticket in my support box lol. I did appeal it 6 times though - but they refused to ever acknowledge my argument. it was always “We reviewed the case and the actions stand”

CS Leviathan - I can 100% understand your side of this. I was upset (still am) that i had the name in question on your own servers for 7+ years. Had opened tickets and talked with GMs several times as that character. Never once being told it was negative or an issue. Then i get it banned because some delicate troll on the forums was upset that i out trolled him. That seems odd that i had talked with GMs on SEVERAL occasions with that name.

Yet the player cant know to stop using the 3rd party software if theyre not told which one it was…