Yo Blizz... Get over it?

I don’t know. You probably should’ve ended your post here.

ya, there’s lots of idiots on the lore team. And they are writing this crap, and it’s contradictory and makes no sense, and it’s endlessly annoying. It doesn’t mean they didn’t write it lol.

1 Like

No that is anduin’s thoughts.

Right, but if the writing is so bad that it ruins immersion and just feels like people throwing crap together that doesn’t make sense… I guess it’s hard to see why anyone would quote them like it means anything.

Then there’s the retcons… I predict a lot of backpedaling in the future. “It was just figurative genocide!”

2 Likes

Someone had to figure out that was the way they were going to present the story. Said writer is the one that penned / typed it, and thus, we have the mentioned prose. It’s not poetry, but it is now canon.

That’s the issue, the QA department doesn’t seem to have any rights to check on the Lore and Story portion of the business before things start going into production.

no it’s not. But for sake of argument if it was, it’s just ‘Sylvanas’’ thoughts when she’s whining about what Arthas did to the Queldorei and we can debate that most queldorei didn’t actually get wiped out by the Scourge because why not…

Who said “get over it?” and when? If we’re referring to Tyrande in the pre darkshore event, anduin tried to explain that he’d love to help yet cannot spare the forces as the battle in arathi highlands is still raging. Even when Tyrande and Genn both tell him they’re going anyway he doesn’t stop them, he understands what they feel even if he personally cannot help at that time.

Different thread, I hope this works.

This final season of Game of Thrones makes WoW storytelling look like a masterpiece.

How is that in any way “get over it?”

The problem is the read into things angle. I am pretty sure people are basically using the word version of the hashtag / catchphrase mentality, and yes, so did I.

The issue herein is that the story isn’t really doing all that well, and the apparently flippant attitude of the Developers and the storywriters especially to create the supposed art they do isn’t helping much.

It’s more the way that the effective ending of meaningful communication with the players has left their forums that is resulting in kneejerk reactions and posts that are trying to reach conclusions about meaning when none is provided from on high.

I’m confused. When did Blizzard say “get over it”? I haven’t seen anything about that.

This is what gets me the most. If the story is being written so shockingly bad that it actually ruins my immersion, where important lore characters and my own character would be acting OOC because Blizz can’t even establish what is IC, then it becomes a problem.

1 Like

Apparently as I posted above, meaning read into it. However, until the Developers clarify, this is the best reaction-causing statement I’ve seen thus far, and it does incline one to think on the matter and seems a little easy to read into as I want, not as I need to right now.

…No, no it doesn’t.

This is you putting words in Blizzard’s mouth. Yes, they said they felt she got her revenge, no they never once said “get over it”. To someone like me, this makes you come off disingenuous. No one’s saying the writing in BFA is glorious. But I will not “read into something” when said something has never once even been hinted at. They changed Tyrande’s interactions with Nathanos and the Valk because the community was unhappy very late into development because they have the complete opposite mentality. If they were gonna say “get over it”, they would have told night elf fans to “get over it” when Tyrande was written extremely poorly. They didn’t.

This is nothing more than click bait as far as I’m concerned. Zero evidence to support your statements.

Okay, however, let’s please check the attitude from the quoted post that references Shani noting the statement involved.

Why didn’t they cover in detail what that revenge was, entailed, and otherwise could be construed or misconstrued as, as has happened now, and I am now contributing to herein, rather than leave it up in the air?

People care about this game. Thus someone is convinced that Blizzard’s statement can be taken to mean, “Get over it,” rather than, her revenge was meted out and resulted in -insert clarification here-.

I think that would have helped more; but that isn’t what has happened yet.

Blizzard saying flat out more clearly what that revenge was, and is, if it is the recovery of Darkshore, and more than just one dead Valkyr, is sadly the needed result as their statement seems to show that with the weight their words have, they will need to both tell and show what that said revenge is now.

getting a little upset over a game are we?

Anyone who takes that statement as “Get over it” is overly sensitive and doesn’t understand social interactions or interviews. Or text tone. Absolutely nothing in that sentence says “get over it” as far as I’m concerned. It’s his opinion - an opinion from one developer is not the opinion of Blizzard. Notice how he says: “I think”.

ok horde alt

What “revenge” did Tyrande get?

She destroyed a nightwell to accomplish what exactly? If I’ve been keeping up with the story so far Tyrande has really done absolutely nothing of importance other than destroying a perfectly good nightwell.

“Well she killed some Horde”.

So what? Horde npcs die everyday. They are like the Rebels from Star Wars, “all we rebels do is die to accomplish things”.