Yet another timegate with RNG

So I unlocked the Portal Network Rank 3. Cost quite a few souls (meaning weeks of thumb twiddling) and quite a bit of Anima (15k+). I was happy I could now start finding some broken mirrors to unlock the transmog set.

But I come to find out that there isn’t so much a big list of mirrors to find, repair and then get rewards from. There’s yet another timegate with a bunch of RNG.

3 mirrors are up per week, and you can “repair” them on a daily basis. Those mirrors have a chest that may or may not contain the transmog pieces. Each mirror repair kit is 20 rubies.

So basically, after waiting for weeks to get this thing built, after spending as much anima as it costs to get the other sets, I get to now daily do a round of 3 mirrors hoping RNG blesses me with transmog.

SL in a nutshell. I hope at some point, this expansion starts respecting our time.

4 Likes

Ya the time gating is a real buzzkill. I’m genuinely having fun with shadowlands but when my time expires in March I dunno if I’ll renew. Everything from the maw to your covenant is time gated to draw out the process a little longer, makes it boring not more fun.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c9af153463bbc38a07898145a40c71c9/tenor.gif

Its another example of them going to an extreme. To overcompensate for the feed back they got.

So every literal thing has a gate.

You want this…? Get more of this to get more of that… But you’ll only get a slight bump before you upgrade it again… Oh and don’t forget you can only do a small bit weekly.

Shadowlands is a great shiny car but lacks any real fun iterations on the inside.