Yes, remove the portal to ironforge

I wanted them gone. It was a good move on Blizzards part. IF is a useless city.

Not sure I know about this portal… Where is/was it?

not from stormwind, no

the op was talking about the BFA port to Ironforge.

Oh dear me, the tram, or flight point…to Ironforge…the hardships…of not having a portal there…lol

Yeah but you have 10 ways to get to Stormwind easily…so its not that hard…

Of course not… that would make too much sense. Everyone will have to hoof it from Stormwind.

:cookie:

Duel’s outside IF more convenient too much closer.

@Ittybits and others…

Ok guys. Seems no one has played the PTR.

SW Portal Room= Portal to Boralas
In Boralus is Portal to IF

IF has NOT been removed!

I hope they don’t put in the portal to IF. I want to see people packing the deeprun tram. Probably have a bunch doing that ratkabob quest too :yum:

oh that many people on the tram again…ugh…Stormwind tram funk…the worst smell ever…

Hey. One of the most infamous rp stories happened in there. Google it if you haven’t heard about it. Hilarious stuff.

I am thinking that as a citizen of darnassus, you would know all about useless cities.

At least the citizens of Darnassus have a thriving charcoal business now…mwhahaha

1 Like

Bornakk did indeed say this but the follow-up from Kaivax did not mention it at all and it is still not present on the PTR.

The CMs aren’t the ones making these changes so they don’t really know what is and is not meant to be on the PTR anyway.

If I want to go to New York, why would I head to Los Angeles?

In theory Stormwind is your major point of call, and Ironforge as said before is just a Tram, or Flight point a way from Stormwind…

1 Like

I go to Ironforge (and Thunder Bluff) every day I log in. IF is my favorite city on Alliance, hands down. Same for Thunder Bluff Hordeside. Why would you keep Exodar and not Ironforge? Unless perhaps there’s an upcoming lore reason for the end to IF and/or TB?

I would hope so, it makes no sense to upgrade the heirlooms to 120, then make the Alliance travel all the way to Ironforge to upgrade (Or go through Boralus to get it, even if you aren’t in Boralus). All while the Horde has theirs in Orgimmar making it easy. (Protip Hordes, it’s on the top of the gates, don’t worry about going to Undercity and talking to Chromie).

In case it wasn’t clear my post you responded to was meant to be sarcasm.

As for your question, my guess is they removed the portals for IF and TB in Dala and didn’t put them in the new portal rooms is because they want you to use the ones in Borealis and Dazal’alore(sp?). They are expecting you to have your hearth set in the current xpac’s faction city. That way you can use the portals there to go back to your preferred capital and hearth back to the current city if you go to one of the capitals without a return portal.

But that still begs the question, if that’s what they want why they included SMC and Exodar in the new portal rooms? The only reason I can think is because there isn’t an easy way for low level characters to get to those cities, where the tram and zeppelin exist for them to get to IF and TB respectively.

Well… SW became HIDEOUS since Varyan’s death. Change my mind.

1 Like