Yeah... That wasn't a nerf

Wild, I applaud your efforts to figure out their motivations, I’ve personally just given up on that. I’m starting to think that the folks we think are running and designing the game are just “fronts” and they went out and pulled some random folks out of an asylum somewhere to actually make decisions.

4 Likes

I agree, there’s definitely somebody greedy and/or crazy at the wheel! Who this is, Ion, his boss, the whole team, I don’t know :man_shrugging:

Imclgo Ion should have just been designing raids this whole time and nothing else.

4 Likes

It’s almost like this is happening behind the curtain…

2 Likes

Somethings weird for sure. I dunno. I’m definitely not quitting the game but I’m taking a couple of days off. I’m finding Xenoblade Chronicles on my Switch to be quite fun.

1 Like

I think the way flying has been handled since WoD is a clear indication they resent their players. People forget they flat out lied about it in WoD and it only came out in a 3rd party interview. They called their players too stupid to find a pvp vendor.

2 Likes

If they changed the Nether Horror functionality according to how they worded it… the Nether Horrors are not able to begin the initial 3 to 3.5 second (differs for some specs) cast that leads to the one-shot death channel when you cannot stop it via AoE CC (moving towards you or Velen).

If they are standing still at their spawn, and cast Nether Storm without moving, then they should not damage anyone. Their Nether Storm range is very small, and sometimes bears would Typhoon them away for a moment of safety.

The problem with Guardian challenge was that you had to hold off on popping Velen orbs when nether horrors just spawned, or they would finish their wind up before reaching Incapacitating Roar range.

This meant you popped orbs to

A. stall annihilate,
B. heal when healing is needed to last as long as possible,
C. Nether Horrors are either fully stacked up or did not recently spawn.

This change removes most of C, but given they can still spawn in final phase faster than Incap Roar’s cooldown, and you take a lot of unnecessary damage from Psytalon+melees, you should still aim to use the orb for all three conditions specifically including Psyfiends stacked up to quickly die before needing to incapacitate them.

If this is not the case, and the challenge becomes harder in any way, then that would mean some secondary, unintentional bug that should be reported.

Claims that they are “lying” or trying to “get players to buy wow tokens” are a little paranoid (when the market for consumables and gems = player controlled, with players not doing the challenges helping create the supply for players who are doing the challenges meaning some players uninterested in solo challenges get the opportunity to make gold).

3 Likes

Same.

Also remember when we used to blame Activision for Blizzard’s failings?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

2 Likes

10/10 meme worthy stuff bro

The way they work now is that when they spawn, they will rush towards you and once they reach you they’ll stop moving and start casting their channel, and only once the cast finishes and they start channeling will they continue to pursue you. You can side-step the cast and they will stay where they are, meaning that you no longer need to use the typhoon strat to give yourself that incap roar reaction time wiggle room. Basically they will come at you, they’ll stack up naturally, you side-step them, they’ll finish casting and begin channeling, and then as they close in on you (while not damaging you) you have the time to incap roar them.

It’s definitely easier, you just have to get used to the change. It is definitely intended to make the fight easier, giving you way more reaction time to incap them before they’re doing damage to you.

2 Likes

Sorry bro lol they running straight to velens butt right after they spawn.

I noticed they don’t move while they cast though. But it’s definitely not easier lol.

I honestly think they are trying to drive people away from WoW that way when there are to few players they can easily kill the game without a backlash.

1 Like

Healing aggro will draw them to you.

Healing aggro?

hell yea! now the TRUE challenge begins!

1 Like

You sinister guy you!

1 Like

Regrowth ticks on yourself generate aggro against enemies in combat. There are a few other global aggro mechanics that will cause them to aggro to you.

So the this new method would be to “aggro” them by the boss into the decay aura?

Too bad snitches open their stupid mouth about the 5oul Trap thing.

1 Like

Needs more nerfing.

Actual nerfing.

That moment when you realise it wasn’t really Activision screwing up the game…it’s a sad realisation :frowning:

1 Like