Yeah I burned the tree. You should be thanking me!

You see… I only burned your precious home and killed the lot of you. Because I had foresight because secretly i was communicating with void and knew of their plans. I also know death is the counter to void. So killing your night elf warriors in a sneak attack was the only thing i could do.

Because now you see their souls all around us in the shadowlands. your armies are waiting. You should be thanking me i saved them and i saved the world. You see it was my plan the whole time to have a war that would kill all of us so that way we would be prepared to fight the void. Only myself knew and nathanos knew this. I stayed one step ahead of all of you. YOU SHOULD BE THANKING ME FOR PREPARING YOU!!!

BRAVO BLIZZARD BRAVO!

18 Likes

You don’t have to, and probably shouldn’t respond to unconfirmed leaks as if they’ve actually happened.

Doing that just invites you to stress yourself out over things that have not/might not/won’t come to pass. It also encourages people to come in and make up crazy ‘leaks’ for the soul purpose of getting a rise out of others.

Don’t let them do that to you.

6 Likes

It’s sad because this is the most likely way of BfA ending with the current writing…

14 Likes

See. The problem is, the Horde killed off most of the civilians, and the city guard. And left the military largely alive, and intact.

But… “A” for effort, I guess?

15 Likes

I hear the baker went down swinging. I’m sure the civilians alone are more than enough; no need to waste the army. Keep them around for the next world ending event. You aren’t thinking enough moves ahead.

2 Likes

“So now begins the true BAttLE fOr AZerOTh!”

11 Likes

That explains why she keeps raising the killed Night Elf military members from the dead, too. It all makes sense no-:face_vomiting:

Sorry, I tried. Couldn’t keep the “leak” down.

12 Likes

I’ll gladly take it over just doing the ending of MoP again.

I wouldn’t at all. I want endings where the villains have to pay for their crimes instead of getting called heroes.

10 Likes

Well, if burning the tree down saves the entire planet, then they ARE heroes(unless there was another way).

But that’s fine, you keep hoping for your My Little Pony ending.

2 Likes

Well if Sylvanas foresaw something like that it wouldn’t be out of no where. She was having visions of the future and using them to her tactical advantage back in Cata. (Edge of Night)

This expansion has had a lot of strange visions come to think of it.

2 Likes

Anduin win incoming.

5 Likes

Entirely possible. But if he does, again, I just hope it’s done differently than MoP.

Ion doesn’t want us to think Sylvanas will end up in chains, at least.

1 Like

I mean with that logic sargeras did nothing wrong we just have yet to let him finish his plan that has a high chance of working over a low chanve of trusting us to not screw it up.

3 Likes

Arthas would also have been in the right, since for some reason they felt the need to retcon his goal into reanimating everything on Azeroth so that they could stand as one united army against the Legion.

I appreciate him meekly standing in the background while the world’s new messiah gets the limelight.

3 Likes

This thread sucks.

3 Likes

Let’s assume for one small moment that yes indeed Teldrassil was Old God/Void corrupted beyond repair at the time of its burning.

The question then would be, “would Sylvanas have still burned the tree even if it was free of Void corruption?”

Yes. She pretty much ordered it be torched because a night elf said mean things and she had a total Cersei Lannister moment as a result.

To find out it was corrupted after the fact is hardly a vindication for Sylvanas.

6 Likes

Well if it was fully corrupted her burning it goes from being a show of how littke mercy she has abd what she is willing to make the horde do to get what she wants to her doing something bad but it being ultimatly the right thing.

if the tree was corrupted or not, it was really necessary to kill the civilians on it?

8 Likes