Yay Socket Bug Just Hotfixed!

What do they mean by “under some circumstances” :thinking:

2 Likes

Just zoned, changing gear no longer seems to reset the ilvl like it did previous, prob part of the resocketing hotfix before.

Zoning updated my ilvl. Hotfix def in.

1 Like

That is a good question. Maybe it only works on the weekends :thinking:

I noticed it because i have a Macro for my PvP level and looked at it out of a BG and was like wait my Crit/Mastery set has a really low item level… Then I equipped my normal Full Mastery Set and noticed my item level was lower too so checked and tada there is a Hotfix.

I bet why they fixed it so fast is because every PvP player right now is dissecting their flawed scaling system, running test and they want us to stop before we find more errors or fully understand their hidden magic.

1 Like

Gems are still increasing PvP ilvl by 0.6 per gem, but perhaps they updated the scaling formula. I’ll have to test it out tonight.

1 Like

Change zones, changing gear wont update your ilvl to post hotfix one.

10 gems and my pvp ilvl is 475, which is my non pvp equipped ilvl.

Under some circumstances. Wtf does that mean? It was whenever u entered an arena LMAO

9 Likes

Prob meant any scenario where you weren’t fighting an evenly geared/gemmed target, in which case your ilvl even with gems would be exactly the same.

So what they should of said is: almost every single circumstance

1 Like

Just typical blizzard’s way of pretending their own screw-up wasn’t as big as it was.

8 Likes

This doesn’t appear to be live yet, at least for me.

Going from 0 to 1 gems reduced my damage done and increased my damage taken.

Edit: Zoning does appear to have resolved it, gems are no longer increasing PvP ilvl.

Edit2: In Boralus, gems are still increasing my PvP ilvl. In Stormwind they are not. Stay tuned.

Edit3: Tested inside an arena, gems are NOT increasing PvP ilvl. We won!

1 Like

My gems are still increasing ilvl or something is. even relogging/ joining arena. 477 equipped 479 showing for pvp. Down from 486 atleast tho

They probably changed the tuning for sockets on high ilevel toons.

Glad to see they also, FINALLY, fixed singed magic exploit while they were at it…

1 Like

Tested it out. They kept the scaling but very minimal. It is now .1 increase per gem. So with full gems u are 1 ilvl bracket higher. Not as bad.

What was this? Just curious.

Thank you to Abomb, Ven, Retroxy and others for putting a spotlight on this.

Has anyone tested the net effect of 10 sockets with vers gems?

Is it still a dps loss / dmg increase taken, slight improvement, or about neutral?

3 Likes

I’m happy they fixed this. At least now I can feel comfortable wearing my gems again.

But after this, I still have to wonder how many other bugs are out still there right now…

I have 8 vers gems and with it being a max 1 ilvl from all 11. u literally only lose about maybe a percent of damage. thats it.

Slightly. Wrong
Some circumstances. Wrong
Fixed wrong. They’ve disabled gems in rated PvP

fel imp glyph made imp automatically dispel magic debuffs off the lock without putting it on cd
was actually crazy annoying trying to cc locks just for first dr to instantly cleanse then they’d still have it for their team