XP gains from PvP in Wrath Classic

How is commenting on diving the player base making BG games not pop not relevant to the discussion?

I hardly ever say this but it’s not 2009 so what happened then doesn’t mean anything. They’ve got to go by the data now and low-level BGs are not popping in TBCC now.

4 Likes

lol you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. All of these experts on twinks when they themselves never made/played one

3 Likes

So there it is what?
Some twinking losers farming low levels making waves of people stop queueing entirely which in turn makes every bracket un-queueable. Or the way the game is supposed to play out where twinking completely dies and leveling bgs flourish. Which has already been a proven success in original wrath.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE REDUX REDUX

As of 19:45 (PST) on Friday 8/12/2022:

• there are zero games of Level 19 WSG going
  • there are zero games of Level 29 WSG going and zero games of Level 29 AB going
  • there are zero games of Level 39 WSG going and zero games of Level 39 AB going
  • there are zero games of Level 49 WSG going and zero games of Level 49 AB going

#THEONLYEXPLANATIONISTWINKSKILLEDPVP

maybe I should do this every 60 minutes instead

3 Likes

Gear and levels matter everywhere. Good luck trying to get in a BRD run as level 46.

It’s an MMO-RPG. The RPG is largely to do with character progression.

Sorry! Guess you picked the wrong game!

3 Likes

That’s actually the preference (balanced games for twinks)

1 Like

Where is the character progression with a level 19/29/x farming someone who’s passing through just trying to do some bgs for xp and fun?

3 Likes

It’s not.
Wrath proved this.

Twinking died in wrath because twinks didn’t actually want to play vs other twinks.

5 Likes

Yeah and we’ll see how they like it this time around, they certainly didn’t want that back in the day.

I’m not out of touch just because I have a differing opinion on the gameplay.

Personally, I find it fun to fight against twinks and play as a twink. Both sides are fun to me and I always enjoy being able to chill out in a battleground and level while doing so.

I feel like anyone who says this didn’t actually play wrath or just had some bad limited experience. The Twink community was not dead then.

2 Likes

The only bracket that was playable for twinks in wrath was the 19 bracket. This would still probably be the case.

Ordinarily I would support separate brackets for twinks and non-twinks. However, if they tried that in TBC Classic and there were no bgs pops period, as the blue poster said was the case, then it’s hard to argue against this change. BG pops > no pops.

I still managed to find fun in a lot of bgs with twinks when I was leveling through bgs on retail WOTLK. I expect I’ll be able to do so again. If some twink rogue one shots me then who really cares? It’s not like it says anything about his skill level or mine.

4 Likes

And maybe the classic twink community is different but that sure isn’t how the twink community felt back in the day.

1 Like

inb4 you can’t bg unless you use their LFG tool, find a 10 man group, and walk to the battleground portal

1 Like

Thank you for this change! This is some of the best news I’ve heard from a blue post in ages. Does gaining xp from bg’s take affect in pre-patch, or on launch day?

Yeah… people don’t seem to care about this. People who probably haven’t even been queuing for the TBCC low-level BGs for months and months. They just talk about 2009.

3 Likes

In addition to there being no Level 19/29/39/49 WSG or AB matches on a Friday night, nobody wants to do N-Botanica or N-Arcatraz on Grobbulus Alliance.

I use the LFG tool but I’m not going to spam /4 rabid feral elf moon-feminist LFG for N-Botanica or N-Arcatraz for Shatar rep every 30 seconds (even if that’s what it takes).

2 Likes

My first experience with twinks was creating a new character in wotlk, getting stomped at lvl 19 and thinking to myself “Man, that kinda looks fun I wonder why I’m getting stomped.” I whispered one of the twinks and asked about it. Figured out once max level they farmed gold to enjoy a different aspect of the game. It was something they did in downtime between raids or farming to relax and chill/have fun in a different way. This gave me more goals to use my max level toon to farm.

Created a lvl 29 twink holy paladin and had more fun on that than almost any other time in the game. Twinking was something legit every single person in the game could do. It’s a bonus for those who either make a lot of gold or make it to max level. It’s a character you put dedicated time into.

If you’re saying it toxic to enjoy the game a different way from others, even though every single person in the game can do it, i really don’t understand the argument. To each their own I guess. I know when I first hit lvl 70 on an alt and join wsg for example I get stomped by premades and full brutal geared toons. So what do I do? I will spam AV until I get a few items to catch up. I don’t really see a huge difference between the two.

The most fun games were twink v twink games also. Sure stomping non-geared alts was fun from time to time but the rivalries formed at those lower levels between twinks was fantastic. Most of the people I see who say “Twinks hated fighting other twinks” didn’t actually join the bg’s. My 60 bracket had 25v25 horde v alliance AV’s very often. To the point we would rush for the achievement to kill drek/vann with all towers up. And at 29 every twink knew each other it was a great rivalry you knew when someone on the other faction was legit.

That being said both the 29 bracket and the 60 bracket was extremely active in original wotlk for those of you saying only 19 was. I played in both, had a fantastic time in both. And created my twinks after getting max level and completing my goals on that max lvl toon. Having some other aspect of the game to enjoy really kept me playing it.

3 Likes

Excellent change. I can promise that 95% of the players complaining about or crying about this change get boosted in mara and slave pens and haven’t tried to queue bgs while leveling up even once (and even if they did, queues only pop at night). Having brackets mixed will allow for low level pvp to actually take place, especially on mega servers like Benediction and Faerlina. Each side has twinks and there are many repeat non-twinks players who queue the bracket because they have fun. Everyone moaning about something that wont even affect you because you boost anyway…cry more :wink:

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to doing every quest available at Level 49.

1 Like