X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Linxy - any more communication on the event and drop rate? Do you consider it a success? What was the player feedback? Are you going to change it for next year? Why didn’t we get any updates on this event while it was happening?

Please respond.

4 Likes

i agree, i’d like to hear what some of the devs thought about the increased drop rate and if they even acknowledge how the players thought about it (mostly negative). If they plan on having the increased drop on EVERY character not just one per day (help the ppl who grind alts for this out).

Someone tag me if they care enough to respond…

4 Likes

That’s a problem with the “listen to feedback” approach that was promoted recently, we saw some response but a big lack of follow up with their comments about how it was received…

3 Likes

Still waiting …….

Linxy? Would love to hear your response or from chimes.

1 Like

At this point, they’ll never reply and probably add the same bad design to Brewfest and Hallow’s end…

1 Like

This thread has what 700 posts and sphinx original post only 100’ish likes.

I mean why not respond?

Well, it’s confirmed, Chimes prefered to answer about the new gear system doubts and questions…it seems like cosmetics as rewards don’t matter that much, since we didn’t receive a dev note…

2 Likes

Chimes, Devs in general and CMs, I hope you guys check this data from WoWhead…Maybe it’s not 100% accurate since Devs don’t provide the data from their end, but as per wowhead the rate increase didn’t contribute too much…

4 Likes

Not surprising. A few happy people and far more really ticked off. The increased hope made it so much worse for most of us.

4 Likes

Lol, lmao even

I really can’t tell if this was meant to be sarcasm?

Meaning that, out of a total of 412 drops ever recorded with the Wowhead Client, 97, or 23% happened in 2023 alone.

This indicates the increase was significant. Nearly a quarter of all X45 Heartbreakers that have dropped since 2010 (with the wowhead client running), dropped THIS YEAR.

2 Likes

They baited everyone into thinking it would be significantly increased. 400 total = wow.

Boycotted previous years but tried again this one due to bait. Not again. Done looking for this mount.

1 Like

No, that 412 was Wowhead client’s all-time (since 2010) TOTAL of mounts dropped EVER - 315 as of last years event. 97 of those 412 dropped THIS year.

2010 - 2022 Total Mounts Dropped: 315
2023 Total Mounts dropped: 97

Check the previous part:

From 2010 to 2022, we recorded 929,074 openings of Heart-Shaped Box. Out of those, 315 contained a X-45 Heartbreaker, a rate of 0.03% . In 2023, we recorded 33,905 openings of Heart-Shaped Box, of which 97 contained a X-45 Heartbreaker , resulting in a rate of 0.29%.

It’s difficult to check the data when it’s only provided by wowhead, you’re right a big chunk of the acquisition of the mount on the wowhead client was achieved this year compared to the 10+ years of data of previous years, however; Devs didn’t provide the actual %, the fix doesn’t solve the core issues of the event: Limit instance lock, collectors still running a lot of alts that lead to a frustating experience ( exact point mentioned by Chimes during 2022), the fight being a joke that doesn’t provided good gameplay.

For example, WoWhead mentioned 33905 recorded opening, I opened 780 and I know other collectors doing 50-60+ alts per day, so the data is difficult to meassure without the number of players using wowhead client, since 33905 only represents 2260 players doing a run per day during 15 days.

Well who could’ve expected that this SIGNIFICANT increase was not significant at all? (Me)

Oh well, here’s to coping for better changes next year.

1 Like

I mean not really - the data provided lets you compare a 12 year run vs a single year run, not to mention nearly a million data points over 13 years isn’t insignificant.

Of all the openings of the heart shaped box recorded since 2010 (962,979), only 3.5% (33,905) of them happened this year. Of all the Mounts gained, 23% of them happened this year.

No, 33905 represents 33905 openings of the heart shaped box. How many players opened the heart shaped box is irrelevant. What is relevant is that 23% of all mounts obtained while using the wowhead client were obtained this year, by only opening 3% of all boxes opened in 13 years while using the wowhead client. And none of this data accounts for first opening increase in droprate as they didn’t have the time to code that into the client.

The change for 2023 is that your first daily attempt across your Battle.net account has increased drop chance…the data we have for this year isn’t filtered only by first attempts… Even without filtering the data for only first openings, this results in a 10x droprate increase, from 0.03% to 0.3% .

The wowhead stats can’t be correct, I looted 2 of them on less than 25 attempts on 2 accounts.

Also, multiple people in the guild looted it this year.

1 Like

The raid ones are not 24/7 you get one chance a week. so 52 chances a year. I would like that if it does not drop we get a token like in FFXIV. After we get 100 tokens we can trade it in for the mount. Would still take people two years of farming but that is a much better bad luck protection than anything else in the past

1 Like

I wish they would have set the drop chance closer to 5%, that still may seem low but it would have meant ~50% of players running the instance every day would have gotten a drop.

1 Like