X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

You know what is unfun…spending over 3 yrs doing two fishing dailies for 3 yrs trying for the Jeweled Fishing pole …that is how long it took this character right here to finally get it to drop…day in day out doing those two fishing dailies was not fun at all…I collect fishing poles …every other character I have got it easily but not this one…3+ yrs.

3 Likes

Ouch. I’d drop that toon as it seems to be cursed with ultra bad luck xD

No she doesn’t have all that bad luck its just RNG is RNG…add in this is my main …my first character I ever made and no way would I get rid of her…

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s why players expected some kind of bad luck protection, we can see this too in the gear progress on which a lot of players ask for target gear instead of doing the same M+ 100 runs… Shadowlands S4 showed that target gear could be accomplish. IMO, WoW has a lot of RNG as a way to keep the player in the game instead of doing better gameplay

I disagree. The post had hundreds of posts from paying customers. It had what maybe 150 likes. Blizzard just doesn’t care

Hey Linxy, Can we’ve a Dev note from Chimes?

I know he worked on the recent massive new gear system and maybe he’s been busy.

However, it feels bad that a change for something that cause a frustating experience for over 10 years to players didn’t have a follow up from Devs after their inputs during 2022s event.

Chimes thanks for your work on the new gearing system, we’ll see how it works but please do a follow up with the community, there’s a council doing threads about everything, including the cosmetic rewards like this one.

None of this entitles you to a response, especially given the fact that many of those responses and likes could have possibly come from alts.

1 Like

Read my post that I started and if you want we can discuss again. Chimes probably agrees with you though so ur not alone

Linxy - any more communication on the event and drop rate? Do you consider it a success? What was the player feedback? Are you going to change it for next year? Why didn’t we get any updates on this event while it was happening?

Please respond.

4 Likes

i agree, i’d like to hear what some of the devs thought about the increased drop rate and if they even acknowledge how the players thought about it (mostly negative). If they plan on having the increased drop on EVERY character not just one per day (help the ppl who grind alts for this out).

Someone tag me if they care enough to respond…

4 Likes

That’s a problem with the “listen to feedback” approach that was promoted recently, we saw some response but a big lack of follow up with their comments about how it was received…

3 Likes

Still waiting …….

Linxy? Would love to hear your response or from chimes.

1 Like

At this point, they’ll never reply and probably add the same bad design to Brewfest and Hallow’s end…

1 Like

This thread has what 700 posts and sphinx original post only 100’ish likes.

I mean why not respond?

Well, it’s confirmed, Chimes prefered to answer about the new gear system doubts and questions…it seems like cosmetics as rewards don’t matter that much, since we didn’t receive a dev note…

2 Likes

Chimes, Devs in general and CMs, I hope you guys check this data from WoWhead…Maybe it’s not 100% accurate since Devs don’t provide the data from their end, but as per wowhead the rate increase didn’t contribute too much…

4 Likes

Not surprising. A few happy people and far more really ticked off. The increased hope made it so much worse for most of us.

4 Likes

Lol, lmao even

I really can’t tell if this was meant to be sarcasm?

Meaning that, out of a total of 412 drops ever recorded with the Wowhead Client, 97, or 23% happened in 2023 alone.

This indicates the increase was significant. Nearly a quarter of all X45 Heartbreakers that have dropped since 2010 (with the wowhead client running), dropped THIS YEAR.

2 Likes