Wyrmrest Accord Discord Server

(Silvorin) #61
This place is rude and have nothing do with rping.

(Solafina) #62
07/25/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Silvorin
Neither did the behaviour that got you removed, which was also not just rude but downright abrasive and offensive.

Just as Blizzard's spaces have rules for how one will conduct oneself, so do we. I recommend following them.

(Targai) #63
07/25/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Silvorin

For future reference, this guy told someone to kill themselves because that person was upset the game cost so much to get into, and then spammed chat when people got pissed at him.

(Silvorin) #64
edit: I'll Play nice, i guess.

(Zandrae) #65
Not even the dead sea has this much salt. If people need to see what happened I have some records I can disclose, but due to the language in it, it's not appropriate here.

(Solafina) #66
I said it in the Discord, but I will say it here as well: If you are looking to engage this user in further discourse about this, please do not do it in this thread as a courtesy to the Wyrmrest Discord moderators who would prefer this thread not be overtaken by an argument.

Thank you.

(Kalad) #67
And if anyone has reason to believe that Silvorin was unjustly treated, I have image evidence of his unacceptable behavior in our server. Feel free to join the server and shoot me a DM asking for the evidence.

(Kalad) #68
Ba da bim ba da bump!

(Kalad) #69
Back to the top!

(Keelhaul) #70
I'm Minzel.

(Nethielle) #71
Never has there been a Discord so willing to let me make a complete fool of myself. Truly these people are a gift.

(Arudius) #72
I do enjoy the social aspect of games and voice chat but here are a few questions that I would like answered first, preferably from non-moderators.

1. Does the discord always have so much drama, members who were scorned make a spectical on forums?

2. Do people seem pretty laid back and willing to let you jump in?

3. Do the owners/moderators operate off of the mindset of “they are just players” or do they have the high and mighty “I’m better then everyone because I run the WRA discord server and will ban anyone even if it is undiplomatic”

4. Do they have a music bot that can be muted?

(Rufaic) #73
Hi, I’m Rufaic and Im a dwarfaholic.

1) No. whenever there’s drama, it seems to be handled pretty quickly. I rarely see people have issues with the moderation, but I’m not a moderator.

2) Everyone in there’s generally pretty chill. Things can get heated when it comes to the usual trouble topics, but everything’s fine after a few minutes or if you look in any other channel.

4) The mods are cool. I make sure to /bonk then if I ever see them ingame. Kalad’s my favorite, for the record. They’re just folks that want to enjoy the game and socialize, as well as keep the chat civil.

5) I don’t know if there’s a music bot, but the voice channels don’t seem to get a lot of use. It’s mostly text channels that are active all times of day and night.

(Arudius) #74
09/24/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Rufaic
Hi, I’m Rufaic and Im a dwarfaholic.

1) No. whenever there’s drama, it seems to be handled pretty quickly. I rarely see people have issues with the moderation, but I’m not a moderator.

2) Everyone in there’s generally pretty chill. Things can get heated when it comes to the usual trouble topics, but everything’s fine after a few minutes or if you look in any other channel.

4) The mods are cool. I make sure to /bonk then if I ever see them ingame. Kalad’s my favorite, for the record. They’re just folks that want to enjoy the game and socialize, as well as keep the chat civil.

5) I don’t know if there’s a music bot, but the voice channels don’t seem to get a lot of use. It’s mostly text channels that are active all times of day and night.

Nice!

Super helpful Rufaic!

(Keelhaul) #75
One thing I’ve noticed is that things usually settle faster/better in Discord because it’s live and fast.

There’s a tendency with forums (almost all social forums, really) for people to not actually talk to each other, but to post like they’re making a public speech. It leads to a lot of impersonal drama and superficiality. As if people are posting for “the public”, not the person they’re talking to.
It can happen in Discord too, granted, but everything moves so much faster that it just sort of gets drowned out, so people usually have to just write what they really think and not write for an audience.

(Jinossa) #76
I just joined, set my rank and my email has been verified for years now...but not sure why I cant say anything in the channels? Did I miss a step?

(Kalad) #77
Hello Jinossa, sorry for not reaching out here earlier, but it seems you already managed to join the server and talk in our channels. So that's good!

Also, new month, new bump!

(Grunhalata) #78
can you unban me :)

(Solafina) #79
10/05/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Grunhalata
can you unban me :)
We haven't banned anyone in a bit and you would have to give us your actual Discord handle but if this is related to this:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769517517?page=1

You've got the wrong Discord.

(Zandrae) #80
Wrong Discord. We haven't banned anyone since the 17th of last month.

With few exceptions, we generally give people ample warning and chances to turn over a new leaf before a ban.

We ban on the spot when:
• Someone links NSFW images in public channels. NSFW images are not permitted on our server.

• Someone is a turbo-bigot and is going on a tirade. Wyrmrest Accord is not obligated to host a rant about hating people of a certain religion, ethnicity, sexuality, sex, or gender identity.

• Someone is violating the WOW or Discord TOS such as offering piloting services, or posting a video promoting violence (which someone accidentally did without realizing it because it was in another language, turned out a jihadist song had a nifty sound to it. Whoops).

• Someone has posted something illegal or of a particularly despicable nature, such as carrying on about having sex with minors. Our space is not a safe space for pedophiles.

• We may ban people who leave the server from being in time-out depending on the circumstances.

If you haven't done any of the above, you haven't been warned at least once, and spent some time in time out, chances are the ban was in error. If that's the case do talk to us, but this is a case of mistaken identity of servers. @.@