Ever since Legion when the decision was made to make Storm, Earth, and Fire our main DPS cooldown there has been a lot of back and forth between the community and Blizzard in regards to the ability. The ability has since it’s inception been compromised by bugs.
Blizzard back then actually listened to the feedback in regards to it and we eventually got a pretty big fix to the ability in 7.1.5.
Hey Windwalkers! We previously responded to feedback about Serenity feeling mandatory due to bugs with Storm, Earth, and Fire, and we said that we were working on those bugs. Here’s an update on how we’re doing with that. The following fixes for Storm, Earth, and Fire are coming in Patch 7.1.5: Clones' Fists of Fury now channels faster with Haste, plus an additional 25% faster, to further eliminate any chance of it being clipped due to tight timing. Clones now travel much faster between targets. Clones will no longer target Immune enemies, or crowd-controlled enemies, or enemies you aren’t in combat with. Clones now choose a target within 15 yards of themselves (was 30 yards), to make them more responsive and give you tighter control of them. You may still manually re-target them, or summon them in a location closer to your intended target. Clones will now only re-target when you use an ability that applies Mark of the Crane, and their current target already has Mark of the Crane. If a clone is not in range of their target when an ability is used, they will leap to the target and then use the ability (instead of not using the ability). Clones now inherit your stacks of Transfer the Power when they are summoned. They now generate and benefit from these stacks. Clones now inherit your stacks of Hit Combo when they are summoned (and continue to generate and benefit from it). They now have 100% of your health (was 50%), and they now inherit your Dodge chance. Storm, Earth, and Fire no longer reduces the damage/healing of spells and abilities that the clones do not mirror (such as trinket procs). We’re committed to making this a fun and functional ability. Please let us know if you find any further bugs with it. Thank you very much!
Just an expansion launch later however and we’re coming across a lot of the same problems with the ability again.
Two of the biggest problems with the ability in BFA are that specific Azerite traits end up getting reduced during the SEF window (last fix in that 7.1.5 patch is back yet again), and the Mark of the Crane mechanic still having issues every now and then (Sometimes clones apply MoTC on a target but you don’t get a stack, or sometimes not dropping stacks when you should).
Pressure points: Tiger Palm’s chance to make your next Blackout Kick free is increased to 10% and Tiger Palm deals an additional 2,047 damage.
- Has a 55% damage reduction during Storm, Earth, and Fire as it gets reduced as if the clones copied the bonus but they do not.
- This trait was introduced in the beta, in the 26624 build. Introduced in the middle of May of 2018. This trait has been bugged for nearly 9 MONTHS now.
Dance of Chi-Ji: Spending Chi has a chance to make your next Spinning Crane Kick free and deal 3,748 additional damage.
- This trait suffers from the same issues Pressure Points does, it does reduced damage during Storm, Earth, and Fire.
- This was introduced in 8.1, specifically the 27985 PTR build in the first week of October [~4 Months ago]. So it’s relatively new, however as shown above this issue isn’t new and having gone almost nearly a year for it to not even get any attention or comment about it is incredibly depressing/disheartening.
Glory of the Dawn: Rising Sun Kick has a 25% chance to trigger a second time, dealing 12,657 Physical damage and restoring 1 Chi.
- According to others this trait also suffers from the same issues as the two mentioned above. But I personally can’t verify it myself.
EDIT: It appears that it doesn’t get reduced during SEF, it however doesn’t gain anything from it either. Ending up neutral during the cooldown as opposed to doing more damage during your cooldown.
- The Dance of Chi-Ji bug was reported along with the Fury of Xuen bug (Generating multiple stacks per hit), except the only one that was managed to get fixed was the FoX trait. Likely because it actually increased our damage instead of being a hindrance to it like the others.
I think it’s a huge problem that we can go 9 months dealing with the same bugs and issues you were suppose to have fixed back in 7.1.5. It has gone on for far too long now. Under what normal situation can a DPS cooldown result in a 55% damage reduction to things, it’s been an ongoing problem since the ability was introduced in Legion and it needs to stop now.
Sticky Note it or something. Because every time you add something brand new to the game it has this exact issue. The Azerite system is only the newest culprit, but what will happen with whatever system you come up with for the next expansion.
#Bugwalkers, so much for making it a “fun and functional ability”.
I apologize for the passive-aggressiveness, but having to deal with the same problem over and over again and have gaps of up to 9 months before they get addressed again is so draining. Needed to vent a bit