WW needs attention! Stop ignoring it

Ww is there sololy to buff the physical dmg.
The buffs didn’t do anything for us, we are still the lowest dps class in game

8 Likes

Their mark of the crane is now also bugged which prevents them from getting a 5 stack if gaining stacks through SEF, monks aren’t great atm.

I just want them to bring back Chi Explosion and make Serenity good again. Taking Serenity over WDP is like a 5k dps loss. Toyed with Serenity + Visions of Perfection, but it was still a large dps loss since you could never account for it’s random in nature proc rate.

First couple weeks of Legion were a special time.

I feel like the issue with Windwalker is, has been, and always will be, the Mastery.
As soon as you misclick once, you lose a portion of your damage and your rotation is all messed up.
I don’t think any other class really has something as punishing as Windwalker, and that’s why people steer away from it.

It needs a new Mastery. One not based on using a different ability every GCD.
That should flow naturally with how the spec works, but you shouldn’t need to play PERFECTLY in order to just keep up with other classes.

2 Likes

You also shouldn’t be able to hit random buttons in any random order and do more than other classes.

That’s what tuning does and that’s the difference between windwalker and demon hunters relative to the rest of the raid. :upside_down_face:

It’s got nothing to do with the mastery. If it did windwalker wouldn’t be a top damage spec in arena

3 Likes

4,796 parses for demon hunters in mythic Ny’alotha (according to warcraftlogs) compared to 554 parses for monks. So maybe they should just make all classes able to just hit random buttons for top dps. It’s what the people want apparently.

2 Likes

Warcraft logs is not a great representation of what people want.

It’s a great representation of what people do though.

2 Likes

Compared to sub numbers and rerolls (Which are not all to Dhs as some would imply) it is a drop in the bucket in regards to what players want, or what they actually do.

1 Like

@Rionduil,
If you spec appropriately and have the Ineffable Truth Serenity is on par with WDP. It just requires A LOT more work and is almost useless because most fights in the new raid have at least 1 additional target. (This also Severely limits your corruption potential.)

@Talbyy,

Monk DPS numbers are far below other classes. This is a well known fact and is all over the monk discord. Not only does our base damage scale poorly, but we auto-attack much less often than other melee classes which reduces proc chance of the new corrupted effects. (we do not auto attack at all while channeling FoF or Crane kick. Even with a perfect SIM rotation a monk will pull 10k less than other dps classes.

Somebody above mentioned warcraft logs. This is a good indication of the top 1% of players. The top 1% of monk DPS (who play their class with minimal error and maximum min/max) are pulling significantly less than the top1% of any other class. 20k-30k+ less. People play flavor of the month. Whatever pulls the most damage, or has the most utility.

Edited for clarification------

Why would corrupted items perform better on ww than other classes?

They would not. We do not have dots, and our haste level is low. We also have way less auto attack counts comparing to other melee specs thanks to FoF channel that doesn’t let auto attacks and WDP self stun. This means most of the corruption levels (or trinkets) on hit effects will trigger less.
I would be interesting to see these numbers for infinite stars rank 3 475ilvl:
Havoc DH: 15.3K DPS
Furry War: 15.8K DPS
Assassination Rogue: 16.7K DPS
Frost DK: 17.3K DPS
WindWalker Monk: 9K DPS!!!

The same goes true for most of other corruption effects! (which is a joke!)

4 Likes

You will never mess up your mastery by hitting RSK, FoF, or WDP. Most of your damage will always be affected by mastery. Even if you hit TP twice or BOK twice, it’s not as huge of a loss of damage. You may lose Hit Combo, which is a loss, but your mastery will still affect any ability with a CD.

1 Like

News for WW folks! We finally got some attention!!!

2 Likes

How do you think this’ll help performance in Ny’alotha?

As a 445 ilvl Monk with R3 EV, I’m having no problems in the open world or M+ (my DPS is right around 39k with little movement, I sim at 40k w/ Patchwerk)

Overall I’ve been very happy with WA Monk.

Dammit I was already asked to reroll to Fire Mage in my guild.

Mecha-Monk© ?

Wtf is that?
You are an abomination!

1 Like

Sounds Japanese, I’d watch it

1 Like

Just call me Iron Sensei.