WW monk in mage tower

am i missing something or its cause i’m super squishy or the boss is overtuned, i spend a lot of time forced to heal myself and even then, if i miss one para on sonic scream i die…

I wasn’t dying to this, but I was dying to missing just 1 felblast

I did it yesterday in a few tries. I kept missing felburst and it one shots you. Sonic scream should never go off. You paralysis it every time and if its on cd you leg sweep it.

tab kill the totems.

just focus on healing to above 85% when the worm is underground. You really only want to cleave the tauren and try to kill the worm first and keep their hp semi close.

keep the free vivify casted on cd along with expel harm.

Use the primal turtle shell trinket set to healing. Makes the sustain a joke so you just need to focus on mechanics. And take skyreach for insta totem kills, worked well for me

Gotta do mechanics. WW’s mage tower is one of the more lax ones.

You’ll get it.

He probably killed the Tauren

my problem is not about mechanisms, its about the overall damage i am taking while trying to do the fight, i feel like i am too squishy

This fight is dumb for damage, but you are as squishy as anyone else in there (almost).

The damage from the scream though shouldnt be bad, unless you kill the Cow. That enrages the worm.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be taking crazy damage you can’t just sit there and out heal. You only worry about damage when the worm is out of the ground. When he’s burrowing around the room you don’t even have to attack the tauren. Just dodge mechanics, lead the worm into the puddles, and spam heal yourself.

Your goal is to be >85% hp before the worm comes back out of the ground so you can slam damage and not have to worry about dying.

incap every sonic scream. If incap is on cd then just leg sweep. You should never get hit my sonic scream because the worm only casts that twice before burrowing underground. They should always be off cd for you.

Your kick should be off cd for every single felblast.

When the totem comes out, just tab and crackle jade lightning will insta one shot it. It only has 5 hp.

Aoe touch of death trivializes the little add things before they ever finish their cast.

When the worm burrows, you can position yourself between two of the boulders so he hits two on his very first pass. Here’s a scuffed paint drawing to showcase what I’m trying to say. He will circle to the A position every time. I would go kill the 3 add things and be standing around the x every time and he’d pass through two boulders in one go.

After he passes through the two puddles you just dodge the plus sign mechanic, kick felblast and spam heal yourself with expel, chi wave, free vivify, then soothing if you need it.

I think I may have got caught in a plus sign once so I had to use soothing once. If you are dodging the plus sign every time you shouldn’t have to press soothing ever. chi wave, expel, instant vivify are more than enough.

For build wise, I just ran the m+ build off wowhead but made some changes to the class tree. I dropped statue since it has very little value in this fight and picked up insta viv and 1 point in the increased healing from vivify right above it.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Does ox statue work here (Just wondering --)it didn’t work in MW, but Fade > Shadowfiend worked for Priest so IDK…

It’s so unnecessary that I think you are much better off putting your points into healing talents.

If anything, it’d make it worse juggling an extra set of cds that you don’t even need to complete the challenge. You already have every tool you need to complete the challenge, I didn’t even use dampen harm or karma when I completed it.

I mean, it’s a little different as I did it as disc priest without an interrupt (except fear, which isn’t short enough CD for every fel burst), so was just wondering.

When they are both out you need to be pumping damage. Throwing out an ox statue and taunting it to keep from losing 20% of your hp during that phase just isn’t worth it imo. Time is better spent slamming the boss and healing back up during the burrowing phase.

I am using pvp gear or anything that has versatility and spent most core talent point on anything that helps the healing and defensive, during fight i can just keep doing damage as long i use insta vivify when its available and expel harm.

1 Like

Ive done a few mage towers now, this was by far my easiest.

1 Like

It’s funny, I can’t remember ever seeing someone claim “my problem isn’t about mechanics” whose problem was not about mechanics.

its not hard to do the simple mechanisms in this scenario, overall damage i am taking is the difference, its why i was looking for some tips in forums

You have to get them to die roughly same time, with worm dying first

Was just attempting this last night. Killed tugar first. All the guides said to kill him first. He just destroyed me with a single sonic scream
When my leg sweep failed to stun him.