WW Monk barely getting any changes in ShadowLands

Sad too see that this is true. I really loved WW in MoP and WoD and played is as my 2nd alt in MoP and was my main through most of WoD.

The monk play style in those expansions felt a lot better, tigers eye brew gave the spec some form of skill cap and high burst, and FoF having the stun was really nice as well.

I would really like to see tigers eye brew back in the monks toolkit, it gives the spec some burst damage outside of the ToD window and makes it feel less like a warrior and more like a monk.

7 Likes

I quite like how windwalker and especially mistweaver play now, so I’m glad that they’re not changing radically or adding a ton of buttons for the sake of buttons.

4 Likes

From June:

1 Like

Yes, if you like very low maintenance, low skill, and unrewarding game play, and button mashing, this iteration of monks would be appealing to you.

I can tell you would like demon hunter as well, very low skill cap, extremely noob friendly, basically 0 difference between the top 1% and the bottom 10%.

almost 0 differences between warrior just different animations and skill icons.

I pretty much quit monk in legion, not only was it turned into a extremely boring warrior button mashing spec, all the skill cap of the class was taken away as well.

AKA some random person could pick up the spec and do just well as you with 2 weeks of practice. Which is a disgusting philosophy of game design. It should be easy to learn, hard to master. Right now monk, and many other classes as well, are extremely easy to learn, and fairly easy to master.

IF you put more work in, you should be significantly better than the rest.

3 Likes

Ww needs a MAJOR talent overhaul. So many lame dead talents. Base spec is fine tho

12 Likes

Correct they can turn the talents and make them more exciting like other classes have. But yes base spec is in good shape.

2 Likes

We are less button mashing than we were in previous xpacs, our mastery literally prevents the button mash rotation.

Monk was always like this since day 1, we have always been a low skill floor and always been a high skill cap.

1 Like

windwalker needs an overhaul. only one other spec feels like a lesser version of another spec (sv hunter vs arms warrior) like windwalker does of havoc

On every other class i change talents constantly for mythic keys, pvp, raiding etc.

And I enjoy catering for the situation because talents matter.

Ww I hardly change lol. Like… Mabye the first row… Thsts it.

1 Like

Yeah, there are it feels like maybe 1 or 2 tiers of talents that are just pref and everything else is very set in stone at this point. Really just hoping for a little spice in Shadowlands, nothing crazy.

Surv plays nothing like warr… And I’m not getting the dh comparison either.

play windwalker and then havoc and get back to me

I have? Why would I comment otherwise?

I’m no expert, but the spec feels like a super clunky havoc DH. So much additional stuff to juggle, like the skill used order, chi-energy, and DH just need to use builder to 50% and use stuff on CD.

I’d be very interested in the spec being made a little smoother, since i am looking to move to monk in SL.

I enjoy the play style. I’d just like our scaling to be fixed.

1 Like

Windwalker playstyle is damn near perfect, I just want less energy starvation. Someone that trained their body into lethal weapons beyond normal means should not get gassed after 4-5 abilities waiting for energy just to do a punch and get gassed again.

Fix. The. Scaling.

5 Likes