WW Dragonflight Talent Tree Wishlist

Title boys and girls. Let’s toss some ideas into the pool, and sacrifice a keg of brew.

WW Stuff:

Strike of the Windlord unadulterated.
Serenity and SEF, but the option to pick one or the other and have them be even.
Old school TeB.
Chi-X.
FoF Stun.
Tack forward facing projectile reflect onto Turbo Fists.
Armor Pen.
Fury of Xuen from BfA.
Xuen not baseline.
DoCJ w/o the 200% damage buff. Just have it be like bankable charges of free SCK.
Expansion of CDR via BoK/Chi to our CDs.
Mark of the Crane. Legion strength. Baseline.

I wanna be able to slap someone with SotWL while I have Serenity and TeB going and level two city blocks behind them.

Monk Overall Stuff:

A safe fall.
90% Magic DR Zen Med class wide again.
Zen Flight baseline.
Port while stunned class wide.
Healing Elixirs/Brew class wide.
90% Magic DR Diffuse Magic again.
Being able to choose between MoP RoP and Legion+ RoP.
Gift of Yu’lon (Roll and FSK clear snares).

Edit:

Emperor’s Capacitor as a talent.
Legion XBG as talents.

3 Likes

RoP baseline already. It’s iconic.

Tired of super spiky damage events.
More damage on Tiger Palm.

Possible armor shred or bleed on TP.

Honestly, I prefer a mastery rework to cause all attacks to do a bonus flat damage (Gust of Mists, except Windwalker), so it disproportionately benefits Tiger Palm and other low points in the rotation rather than encouraging always pressing the biggest button available…

Spinning fire blossom again. Zing!
A full chi energy build for the DBZ fans.

Multistrike. Multistrike. Multipass?
Jab glyph for TP to do weapon strikes.

Positional bonuses on BoK
- minus damage dealt to the Monk by enemies kicked in the face
- plus a little leech to enemies kicked in the butt

these minor cross-role non performative positional bonuses really work to make combat more engaging, and proof of concept is all over on similar classes in ffxiv

1 Like

SotW can go to hell.
Serenity and SEF will never be able to be balanced together. SEF just needs to return to old SEF so that it actually is an option that is interesting.
Good.
Good.
FoF stun or parry fists so that it can actually impact pve.

No clue what Tack forward means
We just need TP + jab to return to make us happy.
Fury of Xuen is cool, but it needs to be a choice node. Maybe Spiritual Focus thats buffed to 2s/chi
Xuen needs to burn.
DOCJ needs to be removed or reworked. I’d rather juts have it buff RJW or just RJW not be a total trash tier talent.
CDR isn’t really necessary, especially if TEB returns. Realistically BOK just needs a cleave effect in talents, or something that amps it kind of how the torghast effect does.
MotC is a whatever imo.

For Overall Monk stuff, I like all of it except for port while stunned. That just shoudln’t be a thing. I’d rather port just have its old CD again so that it doesn’t feel like trash. Or even double port from our legendary.

Only really changes I’d really want out of WW is multistrike & ROP to be baseline. I absolutely loved multistrike when it was in the game, as it felt really nice for WW. And if we do get TEB stuff back, I would love to have multistrike on a big burst just to get that little bit of extra damage.

Also blossoms damn it.

1 Like

Water Roll.

1 Like

+1 to Strike of the Windlord and brews again

1 Like

If BdB doesn’t make it, I’d be very surprised. I could see them adding it as a choice talent between it and TeB

pls no. Let it die like the rest of the crap we got for SL.

What’s wrong with baseline Xuen? I like having him.

Yes please! Though I’m positive it will indeed be in the tree.

I would also love FjB (flying jade blossom) to make a return!

Because he’s a lesser version of all the good things we’ve had, and have yet to have.

He’s crap as a CD because he’s a pet. I’d take an extra charge of SEF or Serenity over him.
He’s crap as AoE. Nothing has beaten Legion MotC/SCK + OG SotWL. Ever. Period.
He’s crap as burst. See previous two.
He’s crap as a pet because clones are more reliable and don’t break paras.
He’s crap as a way of making WW scale better with stats because Blizz could have just removed DR on our secondary stats, or even better give us uncapped increasing returns on our secondary stats.

Don’t get me wrong though. I like Xuen. But as a flavor/aesthetic.

He was fine as an Azerite Armor Power. I like that we have an armor/legendary named after him. And I’m still hoping that Serenity gets two charges and gets converted to an Avatar of Xuen form which would basically be like a WW ascendence. But please god don’t give us another pet CD.

We’re supposed to be practitioners of the art of putting holes through people’s skulls with our feet and fists. Not a damn pet mart.

3 Likes

I want to see stagger as a talent option for MW and WW.

Not sure what the best way to implement it would be, but would help drastically with our squishiness.

1 Like

Can we get buff on our ST?

1 Like

Reducing Fists of Fury channel time. 4 sec is so long

Celestials not baseline, or a talent to make you empowered instead of summoning them

3 Likes

I’m sure we’ll get a row with a left and right slider like Tranq+Tree of Life was previewed. My gut feeling is that it’s probably SEF and Serenity but I don’t want to go backwards in gameplay and have 12 GCDs to press in order to do damage but also have the requirement to be in a specific order or clones don’t get TEB benefit like back in WoD.

I’d like to try something closer to either Serenity or TEB baseline and have the slider choose between SEF replacing Serenity or Serenity+TEB.

Maybe that’s unrealistic but after Shadowlands I don’t think I could tolerate another “AoE niche” expansion as the default experience.

It has made me realize how unfun doing only AoE damage is and I definately miss having the ability to do good cleave and burst damage to push phases in raid.

I hope WDP is baseline and yes plz bring back Strike of the WindLord.

I’d love a baseline WDP, also with glyph option to make it Whirling Dragon Kick. Thematically, I think it would be better anyway.

I’m just over here hoping we get at least one ability where we can twirl our staves / weapons around and hit something with them. I get the whole, monks do damage with their bodies, but having a weapon equipped and never, ever using it is absolutely stupid.

3 Likes

I mained Monk in wod. The one thing i always thought monk needed more of is Chi blast abilities. Make WWmonk more like DBZ, some hand cannon chi blasts baseline or something cool. Every other game does monks so well, in this game they are pretty tame

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the day they drop our GCD to .75 or .5 seconds so we can get close to DBZ speed. Believe it or not, I find our 1 sec GCD painfully slow.

Honestly, dropping our GCD probably should have been the play when we went from MoP → WoD instead of artificially slowing us down by increasing TP cost and gradually pushing EE to a talent no one picks anymore.

2 Likes

Its crazy how every game that does monk makes it so epic but when blizz do it they go so tame. I played a bit of lost ark and there is a class called soulfist

as soon as i played it i was like and all blizz can give monks is a puny tiny little wet noodle talent called chi burst.

Honestly monks need a caster dps spec. Mobility mid range and i was hoping for it but i g uess the dragon furry boys are getting it instead.

Chi Burst instant cast.
Being able to take WDP and Serenity at the same time.
WDP no longer locking you in one spot.
SotW.

1 Like