Wrongfully banned / denied after appeal

Hello, I was banned due to alleged use of automated programs / exploits / or hacks. I was at work yesterday when this occurred trying to log in remotely using a remote desktop that requires me to push all the buttons with no automation. I didn’t even get into the game, I wasn’t able to launch and I assume it was locked right away. I have appealed and been denied. I know the ToS allows remote desktop. I have no desire to hack cheat or exploit like those who abused the layer instance exploit, or those who I have reported for dodging AFK. It is a shame that my appeal has been denied as I have been active on and off over the last 14 years. I am not the only one who uses remote desktop to log into WoW to get in the queue time before leaving work to be able to play for a few hours before bed. I would leave Herod but the friends and guild are staying put. I did what others are doing and they aren’t banned for this. 184 days for remote desktop to hop in a queue time? Really? You just hurt my soul.

You can only appeal through the ticket system, I see you’ve submitted another.

I’d wait on the results of that review, we can’t review or overturn from here I’m afraid.

10 Likes

First, a couple things to clear up:

It’s possible that the suspension did not come from the most recent events. Especially in this case, Blizzard will use a “ban wave”, once they fix the exploit. It is very possible that what you got suspended for happened many days/weeks ago.

This is actually a VERY gray area, and it may not. There is a new-ish clause in the ToS regarding Cloud Computing.

Edit:

Not being the only one who does it does not absolve you of your own actions. “Everyone else was doing it” is not any kind of defense.

This means that a second pair of eyes looked at the issue, and arrived at the same conclusion.

You are welcome to keep appealing until they tell you they have reached a final decision, and they will no longer communicate on the matter. At that point, it is fully closed and more tickets about it will be actioned further.

9 Likes

Like someone else said when this action happened it could have been weeks prior to you getting this suspension/ban on your account. They will almost never find a issue and instantly ban an account.

They will investigate and document and pretty sure would be gone over by more then one person before any action is taken.

So you have no idea when this happened and they will not ever tell you exactly. Possible this could do with the recent wave of people who abused the layering bug.

3 Likes

Were you actually playing the game while logged in remotely?

1 Like

No, he’s queueing. But still this may not be why he was suspended. It may be something totally different. Regardless, this is between Blizzard and the OP. Through the proper channels.

6 Likes

Yeah that ToS is way to grey area based especially with something like this. The fact of the matter is I never got in game, simply to get in queue. And true did not think that it could be something I unknowingly did in the last couple weeks. I am not defending my actions by saying everyone else is doing it, I am wondering why no one I know has had this happen to them. I’ve played with my friends for the majority of classic so I doubt it is anything in game and has to be something with their cloud services. I’ll keep opening tickets until they shut me out I guess, bewildering. Thanks for the replies guys

Be aware that if they’ve told you the matter is closed, further tickets can result in more actions against your account.

So be careful with how far you take it. You’re welcome to open tickets until they say that no further tickets will be accepted.

8 Likes

Ahh, thank you for looking out I was not aware that they’ll just keep penalizing me. Until I hear the words “do not open another ticket” I’m going to continue until this actually gets looked at. All these years to get banned/suspended for no reasoning besides my own findings. It’s a shame really.

Yeah, I’ve realized this now its only through the appeal ticket system that anything can be done. I wish more light could be shed on the situation. I don’t know why I’m considered a threat or an elite hacker that will compromise your security and systems for just wanting to know what I did wrong? 6 months later I can play again / same thing happens because of an unknown and I am just supposed to be like well ok! oops! ??? Not trying to be hostile just in disbelief with the situation.

Just stay calm and be respectful to whomever you speak with as it will get you a lot further.

A lot of good advice here for you and want to make sure you don’t end up in even more trouble which can happen very easily with these sorts of interactions as it’s an emotional situation.

Wish you the fairest outcome based on all the relevant facts…

1 Like

You are not the only one, i got tagged with a 6 month ban with the same reasoning at the same time. There are a few other people on here as well that have reported the same ban and do not know the behavior that caused it. I am on my second appeal and hoping this gets resolved quickly. For what it’s worth i don’t use RDP to access WoW.

Also, i get that posting here isn’t going to resolve the issue faster and the appeals process is the only real method to get it cleared up, the reason that i’m posting was to originally find out if I was the only one with this ban issue (turns out i’m not) and also to let others know that they are not alone.

Being accused of wrongful behavior and having to prove your innocence without any information as to the cause is pretty frustrating to say the least.

If you’re playing WoW Classic, there are some punishments going out over various abuses there. I would suspect they would fall under Exploits.

Appeal until told to stop. And keep in mind that Blizzard’s staff have a very considerable range of vision on what happens in their game.

As for ticket times, we are still in the middle of a pandemic, AND the expansion is still new in some peoples eyes. Ticket times are gonna be high as they are. How about cutting some slack.

1 Like

Pandemic + working from home + recently released expansion + much more returning players = naturally longer ticket times.

Also - be wary between an automated response and a templated one. Templates are used to keep the response information uniform - and also helps making replies quicker.

There is a very small window when an automated response might be provided via ticket during extreme busy periods - and for certain issues that can often be solved via the forum or 3rd party sites like wowhead.

7 Likes

Just for the record, Bluefox - appeals are reviewed, and indeed yours is in the process of a secondary review, which is the most exhaustive of all. That was just sent. What the outcome will be I cannot predict.

4 Likes