Wrong version of World of Warcraft after WOTLK pre-patch?

After the prepatch was released I am unable to play with my guild or friends. It says I am playing a different version of World of Warcraft. I have verified my battle.net application version and game version are the same as my husband’s. I have check for updates to the game client and ran a repair. I have even done a complete re-install. When he goes into his character selection screen it shows his characters in IceCrown for the background. But my character selection screen has my characters are still in the Barrens for the background. It says I am playing Wrath of the Lich King classic in the upper left corner, but I can not play with any of my friends or guild. Technical support does not allow me to live chat, even though it is within business hours, and when trying to open a ticket it just throws an error saying “You can’t submit this ticket.
An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.” I have been trying for many hours.

Hey there Kotcha,

Thank you for taking the time to report this! The team is aware of this issue and it is being investigated. In the meantime, you can use the in-game “invite” command to work around the problem. It should look like this (in your in-game chat window):

/invite CHARACTERNAME

You can also add the character names to your in-game friends list and invite them that way.

We will provide updates here as we receive them.

Am I having the same issue, but on a different end? I want to play BC Classic, but the only “Classic” options I have in the launcher are Classic and WotLK Classic. I’ve uninstalled Battle.net and all WoW games, but it won’t appear.

Currently TBC is on the Wrath prepatch and they renamed TBC Classic to fall inline with the upcoming release of Wrath Classic so right now TBC Classic and Wrath Classic are one and the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.