Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated March 12

AUGUST 10, 2023

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Shaman
    • Fixed an issue where Greater Fire Elemental was not casting Fire Nova on targets of a certain size.

Yay more hotfixes and a warcraft logs update

Nothing else needs fixing, I’m guessing, since it’s been over a month since anything was hotfixed?

We need a hotfix now with this error character list

1 Like

October 2, 2023

• Wrath Classic
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Joyous Journeys bonus to unintentionally disappear.

October 17, 2023

• Fixed an issue where defeating Aku’mai in Blackfathom Deeps and Archaedas in Uldaman was not properly completing the dungeon and rewarding players when queued into via the Random Dungeon Finder tool.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Netherwhelp and Frosty from appearing in the Pets tab.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented shapeshifted Druids from exiting certain dungeons.
  • Fixed an issue where Luck of the Draw was not being given to players entering The Escape from Durnholde from a Random Dungeon Finder queue.

Great! Are the unobtainable pets appearing in the Pets tab being looked into?

ICC for some reason is not properly resetting hero or any personal cooldowns after you kill a boss. Fire ele, hero, whatever is just not resetting for anyone. There’s many cases of it going around, and for ICC prog it would be nice if this was looked into immediately.

October 20, 2023

• Fixed an issue preventing the weekly raid quest from being offered after the weekly reset.
  • All versions of Ashen Verdict reputation rings are now Unique-Equipped.
  • The 10-player instance Upper Blackrock Spire was unintentionally listed in the Random Dungeon Finder and has been removed.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the use of mounts that are items only.
2 Likes

Any updates or acknowledgement of the Sinister Calling/Pet achievements being impossible to complete?

2 Likes

+1 for this

1 Like

This gets a hotfix despite you having done this exact hotfix for every other rep ring in classic, but RDF being a hot steaming pile of bugs? Nah, let the low levels not be able to queue for the dungeons they have quests for or give deserters to people who get kicked, it’s fine.

4 Likes

Various level ranges of RDF have over 20 minute wait times even for tanks and healers.

There either aren’t very many classic players playing sub-max level dungeons, or you need to widen the level range of all dungeons ASAP. Nobody cares what the level ranges of the dungeons were when the tool originally released, lets move ahead faster this time and fix the problem.

1 Like

This is actually wrong, we very much care about that cause the current ones aren’t it.

I’d bet a fair chunk of cash that this is a copy/paste error from retail and it’s level squishes carried over in a weird way.

3 Likes

In retail the dungeons scale and people level 10 can play with people level 20 and 30 etc. If they copy and pasted retail, you’d end up playing Deadmines in your 50s potentially. The exact opposite is what we have in classic since many dungeons you only have a couple of levels to even have them in your list.

As much as people hate scaling, leveling dungeons is actually a place where it helps a lot since retail leveling dungeon queues can be very fast as you don’t have to wait for people your level. You have the entire region of players + the entire leveling range of levels of players to combine for a larger player pool to pull bodies from to fill a dungeon.

In classic I think they should change the level ranges so as long as all the enemies in the dungeon are at least green level to you, you can still get it in the queue. That way there will be much higher overlap in levels that can end up in a dungeon together and that should reduce the queue somewhat. It could prefer yellow level range dungeons at first and then if it can’t find any, widen the search range.

1 Like

I don’t like scaling honestly. Because progression becomes dead and is just an illusion at this point. You’re not getting stronger, in fact you’re getting weaker. because when you level up every enemy does too, but your gear does not. Thus, the enemies got stronger but you did not

This is quite apparent in Retail where the scaling is so jank the speedrun strats is to twink out a level 10 or 11 and power through dungeons in 1 GCD. Once you hit the 50’s enenmies become spongy and they deal a lot of damage.

I don’t think they copy/pasted the scaling at all, I think they copy/pasted the level ranges as they were before that got added, but since levels got squished they’re tight as hell.

There was 1 or 2 levels in the original where you’d only be able to queue up for a single dungeon, rest of the time you’d have a multitude of different ones.

In classic it’s a single dungeon most of the way and even none at certain points.

No one wants the scaling, but we do want the original level range. As they were.

1 Like

If the original level ranges were better, then sure. I don’t care if they’re original or not though, I just want them to be improved regardless of what they were originally.

I’m curious if anyone has a link to an original wrath guide or something that actually lists all the original level ranges.

1 Like

At the vast majority of levels you’d have a choice of 3-4 dungeons, so yeah, they were a lot better in the original.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/index.php?title=Dungeon_Finder&oldid=3963187#Dungeon_finder_instance_breakdown

Here are the original level ranges, credit to this post RDF missing dungeons? - #39 by Impsie-atiesh

4 Likes

Those level ranges look much better than what we have. Although that article randomly mentions two Cataclysm dungeons so I wonder if they improved the ranges later on? It was last edited August 2010 which was a few months before Cata released.

Either way hopefully they’ll change them soon.

1 Like