Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated January 9

Nice.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

January 17, 2023

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Azjol-Nerub
    • Krik’thir the Gatewatcher
      • Skittering Swarmers and Skittering Infectors can no longer cause additional web wraps when completing the Heroic version of this encounter with Defense Protocol Alpha active.

Game changer.

1 Like

What about internal errors when trying to boost a toon on Skyfury? I paid for the wrath package that included a boost, I still can’t use it on Skyfury, my main server, what did I pay for?

was skyfury a new realm? If so, I thought you could boost a character on another realm and then transfer that character to skyfury so they can double dip your wallet

1 Like

January 18, 2023

• Auction House
    • Added options to sort by Buyout Price and by Unit Price. These can be selected via a gear icon button to the right of the search sorting headers.
    • Now, when you select an item to purchase, the total buyout price is displayed next to the Buyout button.
    • Searching an item name in quotes will now perform an exact match search for that item name.
    • Shift-clicking an item with the Auction House open will now paste the name of that item in quotes to the Auction House.
  • Creatures and NPCs
    • Class trainers were inadvertently forgetting to charge money for the dual talent specialization, profession respecialization, and other paid options. While we investigate the cause of their inadequate accounting practices, we’ve asked them to stop selling the dual talent specialization ability. Anyone who has already purchased dual talent specialization will be allowed to keep it, and we’ll re-enable it once we’ve fixed the issue. The profession specialization services will continue to be offered, but may spontaneously start charging their intended fee.
  • Dungeons and Raids
    • Defense Protocol Alpha
      • Bounty Satchels from Heroic Daily Dungeons, with Defense Protocol Alpha active, are no longer tradeable to party members.
      • The Frostbite effect from Heroic Utgarde Keep and Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle, while Defense Protocol Alpha is active, now appears as a debuff and cannot be cancelled via the UI.
      • The Bounty Satchel from the Heroic Daily Dungeon, when Defense Protocol Alpha is active, is now multidrop. This was an accidental oversight and was always intended to be multidrop. This means all members of the party can loot the item and receive 3 bonus Emblems of Conquest.
    • Obsidian Sanctum
      • Sartharion
        • Now drops an additional item when 2 or 3 drakes are alive, similar to 3.4.0.
        • 10-Player now drops Reins of the Black Drake (instead of Reins of the Twilight Drake) when 3 drakes are alive.

So how about the hotfix for the pets being unable to attack on ruins of lordaeron in Arena? A game breaking exploit that allows users to gain a significant advantage vs pet classes. Disable the ledge - or allow pets to attack targets up there. And where is ring of valor? This game is not wrath-like. So many new features but we still don’t have RoV.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have a retroactive fix for the satchels… Slight advantage to those who did it later in the day, or should have waited for the reset at 10 AM.

5 Likes

Will we get the emblems of the first day?

1 Like

Glad this was fixed after getting boned out of the badges and the sarth 2d drop on 10 man.

I completed the daily both yesterday & today- twice now before the fix went in. That means I am 6 badges in the hole from where I should be as are most of my guildmates.

How about you guys reward the badges for people who missed out?

3 Likes

Doesn’t say this is from the daily though. Daily is Heroic not Heroic plus…

My understanding is if you go do a world tour Heroic +, you will get a satchel from each of those instances. (If I am wrong, don’t go all pitchforks on me, I haven’t read it but I did do the heroic daily for the 2 emblems reward on turning in the quest.)

Okay so when am I going to receive my 6 badges of conquest that I missed out on?

Never because who cares?

Any chance we can get a separate section of the LFG tool for Titan Rune Dungeons (Heroic+) in the coming days?

1 Like

Nope just from the daily as I originally read it but if its from every h+ then I am probably 40-50 in the hole at this point now.

Bump. RoV not being in the game is the equivalent of a dungeon or raid not being added from a PvP standpoint.

Hey all! Here are today hotfixes.

January 19, 2023

• Dungeons and Raids
    • Getting into combat with a Risen Zombie in Heroic Culling of Stratholme will no longer prevent activation of Defense Protocol Alpha.

Any chance we’ll see a fix for the macro issues this patch has dropped on us? Currently macros like

#showtooltip shadowstep
/cast [@arena1, exists] Premeditation
/cast [@arena1, exists] Shadowstep
/cast [@arena1, exists] Cheap Shot

Will use those abilities on your target (not arena1) if arena1 is out of range. Makes nearly all arena123 macros completely unusable at the moment. It affects any @ or target='s kind of code too, so this includes harm,focus,etc.

January 23, 2023

• Sack of Ulduar Spoils and Large Sack of Ulduar Spoils now drop Emblems of Conquest instead of Emblems of Triumph.
  • Creatures and NPCs
    • Elder Bluewolf of the Lunar Festival has been found, and we’ve relocated them to the Wintergrasp fortress.
  • Dungeons and Raids
    • Weakened the increased healing taken effect generated from Blood of the Loa in Troll Heroic Dungeons with Defense Protocol Alpha active. That buff now has a 4 second duration (was 10 seconds) and cancels when the enemy is no longer affected by Blood of the Loa.
    • Ulduar
      • Iron Council
        • Stormcaller Brundir’s corpse will no longer get stuck midair if killed during his transitions into and out of Lightning Tendrils.
  • Professions
    • Fixed an issue where you could not abandon Leatherworking.