Wrath is Dead, bring us fresh vanilla

A few weeks into Wrath and I’m already down to playing only ~2 hours a week, for raiding.
I see no reason whatsoever to login otherwise, nothing else to do ingame other than raiding 2 hours a week.
It’s inevitable that I will find another game to play, one that can keep me entertained longer than 8 hours a month.
What I REALLY want is a fresh vanilla server (not SoM), just full vanilla #nochanges again.
This would keep me busy for days/weeks/months and likely would save my subscription.

37 Likes

I think I’d probably play a SoM 2. Or a fresh Vanilla server, either way. It’s quite an interesting game, imo.

I am enjoying Wrath Classic, but I don’t feel like farming gold or doing daily quests… though I did enjoy farming gold in WoW Classic :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

needs something. i got 4 80’s and 2 is ready for ulduar already. nothing to do like u said. either som 2.0 or phase 2 soon

1 Like

SoM or not I just want a reason to commit to Classic again

8 Likes

Wrath is not dead. FFS y’all need to relax.

7 Likes

You could actually just start fresh on an abandoned Vanilla server. They’re empty so it’ll have the same properties as fresh; no AH content, etc.

3 Likes

They’re abandoned because they’re fully progressed and nobody wants that

5 Likes

Won’t be long before Ulduar comes out. Then the fun begins. Ulduar PTR happening soon.

Wrath feels like retail, questing is too easy and flight makes the world obsolete. Give us fresh vanilla or SoM2.

15 Likes

LULWAT?! xDDDD. Just go play on Era and learn true meaning of dead server xD. Wrath is #1.

4 Likes

Are you sure about that?

Is ulduar going to give you a reason to play more than 2 hours a week?

All these random individuals declaring, loud and proud, that Wrath is dead… Who are they and why do they think they have any authority to declare such a thing?

At least on Eranikus, which is my tiny window into the greater Wrath Classic world at large, the game is very much alive and kicking. Raiding multiple nights a week. Leveling alts. Wpvp. AH is always lively and constantly in a very weird state of flux. Many GDKPs and of course, the bad things like griefing and the abundance of DK bots to mess with.

2 Likes

Fresh vanilla or SOM is pretty much the only reason id keep my sub

13 Likes

That’s not what they’re getting at.

1 Like

Do I think wrath is dead? No, but its population has decreased since dragonflight came out or are playing other mmos. And this, imo, doesn’t make it dead. It’s the same thing when it came to pagle because people left for bene, it’s far from the truth.

But let’s make something clear about what dead even means, is it previous content? Look at classic content in wrath, it was booming prior to wraths release but now it’s in shambles/dead. Blizzard doesn’t really offer anything to give players a reason to play more than 2 characters or a means to level outside quests and BGs. Heck if they added in a RDF, people that want to have more than two characters would feel more inclined to level other characters.

But let’s also look at why people don’t want to level other characters. Parsing. This is a problem within itself. You also have players that go running around doing big pulls before they realize the healer said they are new to healing or can only do 2-3 packs, not 4+.

And since the content is solved, people only play when they need to, not because they want too. Look at all the players that rushed for that matter. Not like you really needed to rush anyways but people rushed to farm heroics to be full bis before the raids opened up. And let’s not forget that the design philosophy for classic, tbcc, and wrath classic is hard. It’s the exact opposite, it’s a casual game. Meaning it will have players playing, but not for long periods of time. Unless you want too be mindlessly grind nods, or do heroic world tours, or farm mobs for gold.

2 Likes

exactly as we predicted. wrath isn’t a fun game. you get the initial excitement of all the new bells and whistles but it is very short lived, like a sugar high

give us fresh vanilla. christmas season is starting soon and i want to be comfy with a new seasonal realm

13 Likes

RDF isn’t gonna save the game nor will it ever come out
give it up

1 Like

It’s just like tbc how everyone is like, “vanilla is fun but just wait for tbc! Best iteration of the game!”

Tbc and wrath are garbage compared to vanilla, the raids are more fine tuned and that’s about it. The speed of leveling and shrinking of the world+ extreme speed of travel with flying mounts are all things people think are amazing but they take so much away from the game. I literally am either raid logging or afk autoflying somewhere when I play wrath, once you have prebis and your reputations done there’s nothing to do, you even get gold so easily that consumes and enchants aren’t something I need to farm for, I don’t even know where half my gold comes from but I’ve got about 10k passively playing since launch and it just keeps steadily growing.

I do enjoy wrath and I enjoyed some of tbc but I would drop wrath in a second if fresh vanilla servers were dropped. Or maybe not even drop wrath, continue to raid one night a week but main vanilla seeing as I literally have nothing to do apart from raids in wrath and I’m not interested in playing another class to fill up more raid logging time.

15 Likes

Yes to either a fresh vanilla or SoM2 please.

8 Likes

SoM 2 WHEN

8 Likes