Wrath Classic: Enter the Ruby Sanctum on January 11

Have years of fun in GW2! :slight_smile:

Halion was the last time I ever used resist gear…

and the first use of the Twilight Cotters.

I’m genuinely curious about GW2, is it worth trying out for a first time player?

1 Like

Would be really excited for this if there was the knowledge that the catch up gear won’t be replaced by cata blues this spring.

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand how people are confused by no Wrath era lol.

Population was in decline before Blizzcon. SoD and Cata announcement SLAUGHTERED the population of “The most popular and best expansion in WoW’s history”.

“But but but, the private servers!!!1!1111!” Oh the ones that run like trash? Or are purely p2w? Ohhh maybe you mean the ones that inflate their numbers and put in fake queue times to get people to buy passes to skip said queue lol.

Bottom line is that Blizz is a business. If there was any actual money to be made or if it was actually worth it to them to make and sustain a couple Era servers, they’d do it. Clearly they don’t see a reason to.

I would love to but im not touching it until we get wrath era servers.

Simple answer his dead and nobody wants to bring a bad guy back to life

They want to avoid people commenting on it their support for wrath so they avoid posting on wrath era, classic era, or any place where true lovers of real classic expansions might be.

Like what happened to the rs ptr blue post, they got ratio-d bad there.

I mean, I promote both bc classic servers and wrath classic servers as permanent options.

I think permanent bc classic servers should exist also. As well as permanent options for wrath classic servers. I don’t think we should have to go to private servers just to enjoy our favorite versions of the game.

1 Like

I wonder if they fixed how broken this fight was on ptr.

like 90% of private servers are WOTLK era servers, now we finally get it oficially, and want to bring cataclysm again???, the same reason we leave WOW back in the day. Remember that we all played cataclysm, and we got bored and we leaved. Same as MOP, same with WOD. Just let us choose to stay on WOTLK or play Cata. Give that freedom to the player.

Absolutely. The best armor in the game has been there for essentially a decade - with some slight stat choice tweaks. The level cap has never been raised so the difference between brand new player and veteran is minor.

Open world is where a lot of the game is, and it scales, so you will see max level players out and about with newbies, because there are events happening all over the world that high levels do for certain currency for grinding legendary gear, gear that is not better statewide, but allows the user to “reroll” stats on it as they wish.

Anyway, I know that’s a lot to unpack and pretty in the weeds, but I think if you enjoy open world questing, you’d like GW2.

They do have dungeons and raids, too, but open world they have group content, too, where healers and support classes can shine. They don’t, typically, use the holy trinity and most classes can tank in the sense that you just need more toughness stat to have the boss focus you. In fact, years ago (and maybe still true?) the best tank was a Mesmer (“cloth” wearing class) in their Chronomancer specialization

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.