Wpvp Top Melee DH , DK or warrior

so what are your thought’s right now Dh is looking really good but its still SL when DF hits and we get 10 more levels how do you see DH’s do more or less ?
as a fan of wpvp vs alliance or vise versa im wanting a solid melee class to kick butt and have good survivability just in case a healer can’t get to me … what would u think that class is out of the 3 ? i would include feral/guardian but not sure if that’s even a option i still belive ferals are squishy when focused . what do you think will be better in a wpvp setting dh dk or war ? thanks

1 Like

I’m not sure at this point , seems DH are a bit op atm prepatch but let’s wait n see. I’m still holding out that at 70 frost will be really good ! I’m really hoping dh will get a nerf soon and not sure what to think about warriors maybe arms will be good again?

It’s hard to make solid conclusions based off pre-patch, but of the three you listed I’d probably say DH.

Historically, strong WPvP classes have had a few things in common: Strong self-healing, strong burst, and strong mobility.

DKs have pretty good self healing and good burst, but what about when the fight turns from a 1v1 into a 1vX? Death Strike healing isn’t good enough to keep you alive under fire from multiple people, and even if it does, you’re not putting out any meaningful pressure wasting each GCD on healing, and DKs don’t have the tools to make a clean get away if the tables turn against them.

Warriors are getting better self healing options now that we have talent trees. Not having to choose between a stun and a self heal is incredible. They don’t feel too hot on prepatch right now, and while I don’t think they’ll be WPvP heroes, I think they’ll be a lot better in 1v1 and 1vX than they’ve been historically.

Feral and Guardian druids are both really solid options. As guardian most players lack the tools to actually kill you, and Feral is an incredibly loaded WPvP spec. Track humanoids in cat form, stealth, roots/cyclone, stuns and the ability to do significant damage by bleeding someone up and retreating / getting re-stealths is nuts. In a coordinated team environment like an arena, I’d agree that in the past feral can feel squishy, but WPvP isn’t arena and you have plenty of tools to take advantage of that.

Its hard to beat feral for wpvp. as mentioned, you have stealth. thats huge, plus all the root/cyclone and ability to run away and heal. Its always been a solid choice.

DH pumps, but your survivability is low unless you take Fodder to the Flame and get lucky on demon proc for heals. I would say feral IMO.