WoW vs the latest Nvidia drivers

I had an Nvidia update last week and noticed after the download, my game has become a light show. Textures are spazzing and flickering brighter than Cindy Lou’s house, and the damn floor disappears here and there. It has since gotten better, but still noticeable. I have an MSI with a 1070, and I can’t rollback to my previous driver :frowning:

Anyone else experiencing issues?

10 Likes

Yes. I’ve been fine all throughout multiple expansions. This is the first time I’m running into similar issues where graphics just begin lighting up all over the place, including instances. Halls of Atonement is a big offender of this on the way to second boss. The trees go off like firecrackers.

1 Like

I have nvidia, and it doesn’t happen to me.

But.

I have a friend with nvidia going through this exact issue.

So not sure on the rhyme or reason on why its effecting who it is.

I have a 3080 and this started happening to me. It’s a driver issue. I changed from directx 12 to 11 and that resolved the issue until Nvidia can address it.

1 Like

Same. I’ve never had any issues until now.

Driver versions are the rhyme and reason. Version 460 is causing issues, version 457 doesn’t cause issues. There is a large thread in Technical support for this, all of you should follow along there.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/nvidia-46079-drivers/766732/176

2 Likes

Ok.

I have version 460.

No issues.

are you using directx 11? and/or shadows set to low? These two seem to stop the issues on 460.

Over all quality set to 9.

Shadows good.

Directx 12

Same, glad it wasn’t just me. I have a 1080. I found swapping to “Direct 11” stopped the bedazzling light show of flickering.

Cindy Lou Who?
:christmas_tree: :deer:

2080ti founders here and it was the cyberpunk drivers that started giving me flickering. It’s actually quite bad. Going from dx12 to dx11 fixed it but I’d rather stay on 12. It’s been a week and a half, please fix nvidia or blizzard.

If you can’t roll back can’t you just uninstall the driver and install the old one from the webpage instead

and if they no longer have old driver options i am sure some webpage out there would have it

I thought I just messed up something when I installed a new CPU, but this could explain the flashes then if other people are getting it lol. I wasn’t on the most current drivers before reinstalling windows.

Had the same problem. Thankfully a guildy helped me out. Change from Directx 12 back to 11x and it’ll fix it.

1 Like

Yep. Seems to crop up the most in Revendreth, or the dungeons assosciated with it.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with that cool red swirly effect in the sky, from all the anima being drained, since it seems to happen most when that is in view. But otherwise, I’ve got no idea, aside from:

This. This seemed to help a lot.

I think the only thing you get out of DX12 is the raytraced shadows anyway, and seeing how borderline unnoticeable they are … I’d say this is the way to go.

Yep, getting random objects or textures to flicker on a 3080

I have an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q and I notice static coming through the speakers after an hour or so of play, and it only happens within WoW. I have tried a number of troubleshooting tips I have found here and elsewhere, but it still occurs.
sigh

Should have gone with AMD.

Alright, glad I didn’t update yet. The game is running great for me on a 1080Ti. I get the occasional crash but my video card isn’t causing it.

Also should mention I’m running DX12 and getting good multicore results on my AMD FX 9590 8-core.