WoW, the writers are literally destroying Elune lore

spoilers
Great. The community is so frustrated with how bad the writing has been that the writers decided to double down a destroy the Elune mystery. Literally turned her into a measly winter queen sister? I’m pretty sure if we raided the winter queen we could crush her. At least the horde could, alliance are kinda meh. So Elune is weaker then the Jailer now? What the… This is so bad. soooo bad.

Elune had so much mystery and that mystery birthed so much good lore, and they killed it. Turned her into a future trash raid boss… GAWD I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH NIOW

~Editing due to language | Moderator Faindln~

74 Likes

I still don’t get how Teldrassil got “burned down” when it’s a literal island.

30 Likes

i figure they’ll just use her to make some sort of political statement or something.

they haven’t been good with their female characters lately…trying way too hard imo

52 Likes

the tree is eponymous

…So they made a mystery and then solved it?

That’s how mysteries work

18 Likes

Could still be an older sister that has a lot more power, I mean… We still don’t have all of the information. Unless I missed some of the PTR stuff.

I would prefer her to stay a being of mystery but I’m also not against learning more about some of these characters. The Dreadlord stuff on the PTR is actually fairly neat, so I can give kudos to where it’s deserved.

5 Likes

Because we are mythic level warriors. We need mythical realized and unrealized entities to satiate the gratuitous ubiquitous abbitoire killing fields that are WoWverse.

1 Like

Being the Winter Queen’s sister doesn’t even remotely indicate Elune’s perspective power level.

We haven’t even seen the Winter Queen’s perspective power level. Fragments of her power given to Guardians of Ardenweald is enough to not only return them to life – but turn them into raid bosses.

In perspective, the Winter Queen is the single strongest entity we’ve encountered in all of the Shadowlands story thus far… And that’s just her… Not to mention the habitants of Ardenweald who have been given tiny portions of her strength that are stronger than entire factions alone.

20 Likes

Facts it’s like they’re trying to impress us or something.

5 Likes

The writers thought they needed an epic “I am the bad guy” moment for Sylvanas and tossed all logic or common sense out the window. I mean honest, who thinks the NEs would have sailed their entire military away while the Horde army marched along their southern border.

Let’s not even get into the stupidity that they could even burn down a tree the size of Teldrassil or the fact the distance from Darkshore to the base of Teldressil is so far that they actually added a boat to cross it.

21 Likes

Elune sent the Night Elves souls to the maw, she works for him.

1 Like

It’s a little weird though to just casually toss her in as some random cockroach’s (Winter Queen is literally a cockroach) sister.

Winter Queen can’t even handle drust in her forest? It’s a bad look.

7 Likes

sylvannas did Elune a solid OR she was mad that Elune was feeding off of anima (which i think whisps contained). Souls unable to cross to feed Elune. One of the 2 I do believe.

I think it will be a deal between Elune and jailer, Jailer would shut the Arbiter, in turns Elune will feed him souls.

Jailer sent Sylvanas to Teldrassil, Elune gave her the greenlight, which is why Elune didn’t intervene during the attack on Teldrassil.

Everyone other than the Archon and Winter Queen work for the Jailer (Primus was captured beforehand), which would explain why the Jailer is so confident.

7 Likes

Gather children and listen. Harken to my words and try to not again fall into the foolishness of those who came before.

Ask not why the gods are small and weak because we have come to know them, their kith, and kin.

Ask instead what we may not know of those same kith and kin. How far beyond our vision their horizons spread.

Aspire to see those horizons and to stride beside them, rather than tear them down out of foolish fear and hubris.

3 Likes

that makes the most sense tbh. elune was being attacked directly to cut off the feast of whisp anima OR shes working with the jailer and allowed it.

INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC CATAPULTS!!!

… but seriously every little thing about that sequence was idiotic on all levels, from the logistics to the scale to the concept, the execution, to even the lost opportunity.

“Hey, we’re going to build the entire expansion around this terrible superweapon! But… you think maybe we should do something to really highlight just how powerful and terrible it is? What in the face of the fact that it has to be powerful and terrible enough to distract from the mountainous evil blade of the cosmic god of chaos wedged in the planet…? No? Okay, just a thought.”

BfA was twelve drunk clowns playing twister inside a centrifuge.

17 Likes

Yeah what’s up with that range?

1 Like

Is it “bad writing” because the story does not unfold according to your tastes?

3 Likes

Makes sense. There’s literally never been any indication that Elune is more powerful than say, a Titan, and even then we don’t know her position in said pantheon. Perhaps she’s more akin to a Aman’thul, Sargeras, or Zovaal.

Making Elune a First One would cause a lot of issues lorewise, as the First Ones are deliberately absent becausw they’re so powerful that they can literally create new realities with the snap of their fingers.

1 Like