WoW stuck on 'Connect'

Just downloaded and installed Sonoma for MacOS today and then went to play WoW. Unfortunately, I was unable to get past the ‘Connect’ part of the login process. Is anyone else experiencing the same and if so, have they found a fix for it? Or will it be fixed in the next update?

Update: I should mention I have a MacBook Air 2019 (intel). Neither WotLK or Classic WoW work. They open and then ‘beach ball of death’ crash while connecting.

Should I just be patient and wait for either Apple or Blizzard to come with an update? Or should I perhaps clean install Sonoma?

Update: I clean installed Sonoma, but that didn’t help either. Still cannot get past ‘Connect’ before WoW stutters and crashes.

4 Likes

Same here cant get past connect

Hopefully, this issue will be addressed during the next scheduled maintenance. As much as I feel sorry for you, I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. For once I had a whole weekend to enjoy playing WoW and not being able to do so was frustrating. On the plus side I did get to spend more quality time with family :wink:

I have the same problem on the same machine. I have delayed installing Sonoma on my iMac until this is fixed.

Still unable to get WoW to launch. Would like a blue response on this. I don’t mind if Intel Macs are no longer supported, but I did pay six months up front (have two/three months left) and haven’t been able to log in for about a week now.

Same here. It’s getting frustrating and I really want to play WoW. I hope that todays maintenance will fix it, after all it’s on their end, not Apple’s.

I encourage you to post your details to [Feedback Needed] WoW Crashing on connect under macOS Sonoma (14.0) - #7 by Who-pagle as I’m trying to collect all hardware configurations affected.