WoW randomly reinstalled, all addons lost and settings, help!

Looks like my game just randomly reinstalled today, have no idea why. Lost all my addons, except raiderio and dbm for some reason. WOWUP has also refreshed and I can’t see any of the addons that I had. Is there any way to fix this or am I just screwed? Really just need the setting. lots of UI stuff

WoW doesn’t reinstall itself. If data in the folder is being lost, then this could be a number of issues happening:

• Security software interfering/quarantining the data.
  • A backup utility, like OneDrive, taking control of the directory.
  • End of life for the drive itself.

As for recovering the data, you might be able to if it was quarantined. If it has been overwritten, you may be able to download a third-party tool to recover it, or visit a PC technician to assist with that.

Hey there,

Just wanted to add in that another common reason we see games and files disappearing is cause of where the game is installed. If it’s sharing a folder with the Battle.net application, when the system restarts, Bnet app restarts, or Bnet app patches, it can clear out any folders within it’s parent folder. For example:

C:\Battle.net\Battle.net\WOW

The above would be ill advised cause it will delete that WOW folder. If you’re installing the game to it’s own folder, though, then it’s likely something else causing the files to be lost like Elocin points out.

As for recovering them, there is no backups to recover from us. There are potential ways to recover those but nothing Blizzard can directly assist with. All we can suggest is downloading and resetting everything up along with ensuring the cause is figured out so they don’t disappear again.