WOW pretty much maxing cpu/gpu since patch

Hey, sorry for the delay in responding, I’ve been busy and haven’t really been on wow. To be clear, I am not playing wow or anything else inside of virtualbox, it is purely for work and is not running when I play wow normally. I uninstalled it per request purely to test whether it made any impact, even though it has been installed for years without issue, and there was no change after having done so. Still seeing the same degraded performance.

Lowering resolution to 1080 similarly had no real effect. WoW is also still the only game or program causing this issue.

Since that didn’t work, I’d like to see if your hardware is behaving oddly or overheating while playing the game. Grab hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you get link errors, just link it between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it.

looks like this

I have never crashed due to this (can’t even remember the last time I had wow crash it’s been so long.) I’ve also already monitored temps and posted them above in this thread. Does that change what you want me to try?

Lucinde,

In this case yes. There’s more in that file than just temperatures, so we can look at the holistic picture and see if there’s anything else going on. The key here is going to be making sure we catch the problem red handed so we can see any signs of instability of any kind with the screenshots. If we can rule that out, we can try to find other options.

I’ve had the same problem and spent almost 3 hours on the phone with the Blizz techs trying to fix the issue and they couldn’t. This only happened after 8.1.5 and I am Seeing very unstable fps and it bottoms out around 11FPS

FOr the Blues who see this my Issue number that was set up for tracking was Issue ID #64216275

I’ve been having similiar issues as well. My PC and card are a bit old, but generally haven’t had any issues running the game until recently.

Myself and a friend of mine are having the same issue. He has an NVidia 1070 and I’m using an AMD 580 w/8G memory. Both of us are maxing out and cannot figure out why.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.