WoW Performance Guide For Macs - Patch 8.0

I'm getting TERRIBLE lag on a 2013 Macbook Pro with 1GB Graphics and 16GB of RAM. Deplorable whatever happened to today's patch. It's "smooth, stutter, smooth, stutter, smooth, stutter, smooth, stutter" just like that on repeat. LOW graphics settings enabled, Max FPS to the ceiling.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36
I have the same set up and the same problem. Here is an interesting observation though. If you click a control in the top bar of the OS - say the time while in Windowed mode, the screen starts running without the stutter.

Definitely something that just happened today.
It sounds like you guys are experiencing this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15007371444

10/28/2014 05:27 PMPosted by S4d1k
A major bug is in 6.0.3 at the moment which causes the framerate to feel extremely unstable.
All Macs are affected regardless of OS X version.

A patch will be released soon that will fix this.

Workaround: Set the "Max foreground FPS" to 20-25 FPS.
To set this you can type in the chat: /console maxfps 20

Update: The workaround only improves the issue, it does not resolve it completely.
^ Yeah this is what was happening to me, I am running the Mid 2014 Macbook Pro Retina

-2.5GHz Intel i7
-16gb Ram
-NVIDIA GeForce 2gb

Hope that the patch for this is released soon, thanks for the info
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. But I hope they release the patch soon!
yes, thanks for that foreground workaround! i was beginning to think WoD would be unplayable (mid-09 mac, here)
HI Thanks for the information. However Before Tuesday The game was playing fine on both my Mac's now I have Jilted play even at the lowest resolutions The MMs is quick as I am in Australia and the frame rates are good 25 - 60 but its playing like I am on 12 Frames per second HELP .. Its making me feel sick to play and I have another friend who is in the same boat since Tuesday ..
Nice, I was just about to post on this issue with my newly purchased mac pro 15. Was getting worried that I bought the wrong laptop. You guys are talking about the game being twitchy right?
Yup. The forums are filled with posts about it, but try to restrict all posts to the main thread I just linked to keep things nice for the Blues.
Thanks for linking that, Stoneblade. I'm getting the precise same behavior and it's driving me nuts. Smooth-stutter-smooth-stutter-smooth-stutter.
so has it stopped for anyone?
Still very choppy for me. Seems like it is better in some places than others, but for the most part I can't do much.
TY some much for this post i was getting frustrated with the latest update and the drop in performance from a single patch,
Blizz you better give mac users free game time because i am about to rage this game.Or is it normal to pay for something and get nothing in return i don't know how this world works. Furthermore, i am on the brink of asking for a refund for game time. You need to do something soon because i am not the minority at all. Sincerely Wow user.
Patch has seemed to fix the lag! woot!
anyone using a 6750m...are there sweet spot settings we should be using?
I know when this sticky was created around mists, we had to cap the FPS because of overheating....is that still the case now in 6.03?
That last update really made the game kick the bucket for me. Like before I was having FPS problems. Now it's just unplayable.
this last problem was fixed by todays patch ....have you attempted it?
It should be noted that the new Outline Mode effect can have a significant impact on performance, and does not appear in the same place as the other graphics-related options.

The Outline Mode setting dropdown can be found under Interface -> Display.
Guys i need your suggestion when it comes to the right graphic settings, not really good when it comes to this.
Anyway, Can someone send their setting.

Display mode: Windowed, windowed fullscreen or Full screen
Resolution: ----
Anti -Aliasing: ----
Vertical Sync:
Quality: if it's Low, Fair, Good, High or Ultra
MaxFPS: ##

and is it okay if my fan is turn on and if it's hot should i stop the game or just let it.
Asking this because i don't want to risk my Mac pro and just curious if whats the best setting.
Thanks WoWmates!