Wow numbers leaked

I would worry if the so called numbers hit 100k. And even then the game is still alive and not dead.

It’s no mystery, WOW has been dying an extremely slow death since about Wrath/Cata.

Considering that only 3.7 million copies of BFA have been sold world wide. Which by the way is at least a two million drop in subs right from the start between legion and BFA. Since I doubt people who did not buy the expansion are paying to play old content only. There is no possible way for sub counts to have doubled. While there is a great probability of only having 2 million subs left if not lower.

8 Likes

Pretty sure the 3.7 sold copies stat is wrong. BfA sold 3.4 million in a single day.

23 Likes

Yeah sorry you don’t get to just say things that are blatantly false and claim your made up thing is probable.

But anyone with half a brain realizes you’re trolling.

15 Likes

Some of the games are, like Diablo Immortal, but they can make changes to the game’s and the Chicoms will allow sales.

1 Like

they sold another three hundred thousand copies after the Pre Buy only. For a total of 3.7 million. Strangely enough Game buy is still released as part of the investor information, while sub numbers are no longer. Most of the people who where planning on buying BFA Pre bought the game, for the early races.

6 Likes

Sources? I find it hard to believe that numbers would be leaked. Who leaked the numbers?

10 Likes

All over every game outlet, podcast… take your pick

2 Likes

That’s an interesting line of thought.

True - that’s a huge drop.
False - that’s a huge drop.

Only definitive huge drop… is space diving.

12 Likes

This doesn’t sound confirmed at all. Just more speculation.

3 Likes

The state the game is in, I absolutely believe it.

9 Likes

Well, from what friends in software tech have told me, it’s very easy for someone to make a bot to trawl through all the active profiles in Blizzard’s official public database and count every active character, discarding every inactive profile.

The website this data is drawn from appears to have one such trawler, so I believe its data is accurate. It counted just over 1.9 million active characters. That’s not players, mind you, but characters. That means my 20 or so characters that have accessible profiles are all in that count. My one sub covering 20+ characters.

The number of actual subs is likely to be far lower than two million.

24 Likes

Maybe a blue can give us a true count

2 Likes

this literally killed me

4 Likes

I don’t, the game was in a way worse state in WoD.

4 Likes

That was day one sale…

4 Likes

:chart_with_downwards_trend: BFA :chart_with_downwards_trend:

8 Likes

All over?? ALL I could find was the weak auras leak that was debunked 3 months ago. Is this the one everyone is referring too?

3 Likes

That second line is classic. True or Not. To many, they don’t care for the truth. Just whatever backs up their feelings.

4 Likes

how do you put links in