WoW Not Launching on Macbook Pro

Hi! After hours of trying different things, I come to the forums with my own post.

When launching WoW (Through Battle .net or via the .app itself) it’ll bounce on the dock for about 15-20 seconds, and then stop bouncing. Upon further investigation, the process is hung (not responding) and requires a force quit. I’ve let it sit for hours with no change.

I’ve repaired, reinstalled, cleared all cache folders ( \Users\Shared*, \Users\me\Library\Application Support\Blizzard/Battle.net [etc], WTF, Interface, etc folders.) I’ve also adjusted permissions to 777 (Everyone RW for those who don’t speak 777) on the World of Warcraft folder and all file within.

I have a Mid-2019 15’’ MBP running 10.14.5. I just got this thing, and it hasn’t worked at all. My Mid 2012 15" MBP runs it fine on 10.14.5.

What else should I try?

EDIT:
Hmm. Seems like having automatic graphics switching on and turning it off (so it’s always using the AMD card instead of the Intel card) caused WoW to launch for the first time without issue. Turning it back on causes it to no longer work. Turning it back off causes WoW to launch again without issue.

That’s odd. Maybe I should log a bug report. :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you, I did exactly what you said in your edit and it worked right away.

For those interested, go to System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Uncheck Automatic Graphic Switching

Great job man works for me too

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.