Wow not detecting my other GPU

hey gang, i have a egpu hooked up to my computer but wow wont detect it, i set it as the gpu to use for wow in windows 10 in the graphics settings but wow only uses the integrated one, in the advanced menu it only shows the integrated one one. my egpu is a Gtx 660

i’ve tried other games and all the other basic trouble-shooting

Hey there Jaredclarke,

I have a few questions about this before we even worry about troubleshooting. First up, you’ve already configured this in windows. Are you actually getting poor performance, or are you only worried about the toggle itself? I’m not 100% on how this displays in game, but if you are running around and getting the sort of performance you’d expect of your GTX 660 you can probably chalk this up as a display issue (since the card isn’t connected by PCIe or running on your CPU we may not display it on the toggle. I’d confirm this unequivocally but I don’t happen to have an eGPU to test on right now.)

If the performance is poor, keep in mind that that particular card is technically below the wow system requirements. It’s not below them by a huge margin, but we still expect some performance hits, especially in large maps or very busy content or if your settings are too high. Does messing with your other settings improve the performance to the place you expect it to be hitting?

If you’re still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead.

1 Like

What was the solution?