WoW is over-reliant on Addons

DBM has never been needed, nor is it even any good at what it does.

3 Likes

Welp, it’s very good for PvP.

Keeping timers on flags and bunkers is necessary. It should be baseline in PvP at least.

PvE is more exciting without an addon telling you what’s coming, probably.

For me it was a “Boy who cried wolf” problem and without major interventions the add on made fights more complicated than not having it.

I completely agree with willow. I’m sure it’s different tho as I’m never pushing any high numbers end game content.
I’ve played on and off since wrath and I’ve never touched an addon. Truly don’t even know how they work.
I don’t like the idea of having extra stuff to make my game playable.
I’m just tryna punch out of work, light up and log in lmao

2 Likes

I like addons because it does absolutely add an extra amount of ease to playing. DBM keeps track of timers for you and helps guide you through fights. Although that is not needed it is helpful. Addons like grid and Vuhdo makes keeping track of buffs/debuff on your group and creating mouse over healing easier.

It’s like very small things that add up together to make the game more enjoyable to me. And it’s not really hard to keep the addons up to date. I’d imagine a lot of new players would already be familiar with addons or curseforge / overwolf anyways. A lot more than back in the day may have been aware of them. There are addons for many games.

People who use that add on prob most still don’t even target heals tbh

1 Like

Nah let’s not .

Addons are not a necessity, they are a crutch, understand that first.

You think addons will give you the competitive edge, but your still not ranked or world first or sponsored, so how’s that working out for you?

Just play the game

Raiderio saves some time but you don’t need it.

DBM is one of the weaker options for boss mods and definitely not needed for flex difficulties.

Gladius/sArena for arena plates and battleground enemies along with maybe like BigDebuffs are probably the only “mandatory” ones.

This is an option in the default UI. :dracthyr_love_animated:

They should just leave ui and meter add ons

I think the answer is no more addons. No more insulting the devs and side stepping difficulty, they spend all those hours building and testing and then we use defacto 3rd party software to cheat or cheese the fights. The problem is the addons existing not needing more of them, or expecting them to allocate labor to an area that is outsourced for free already.

Huh. And here I was PvPing with no addons at all for the transmogs and got by just fine.

Think the only add-ons I have and use (besides RP addons) would be the WeakAura to segment my channeled spells to see the disintegrate ticks to turn off my brain when chaining them and Details.

I like my RP addons thank you very much Mr. Smarts!

1 Like

You know I actually disabled a lot of addons and not only got better at the game, but the added screenspace and feeling of serenity were fine. They added a lot of DBM features to retail, I’m enjoying a break from most of them and can still AOTC/KSM fine. Also didn’t need discord for either in S1.

I’d imagine for the game to require these addons in PVE you would have to be ridiculously competitive.

I like DBM for the voice commands because my eyesight is bad and getting worse as I age. And Blizz insists on doing things like making the colors of certain enemy attacks the same color as the room or area. Other games do telegraphing that makes things so much better. WoW has that on some things but not all.

They need to get way better at having some things baseline before even thinking about removing addons.

I don’t use any addons.
Zero.
Zilch!
Squat~
Still managed to do just fine healing raids, bgs and arena.
¯_(ツ)_/¯ git guddr?

I cleared the newest raid without remembering I had DBM disabled.

1 Like

I had to turn a bunch off because they actually made the game harder.

“I see you are doing content. Would you like LUA error spam to block 30% of your screen, most importantly the space around your character? Oh, you tried to close it? Too bad, we’re opening it again. Have fun flying blind until you reload UI!”

Im literally laughing extremely loudly at these keyboard warriors claiming they “mythic raided” and did X things without addons.

You do realize we can check your profiles and see none of you ever even got a simple AOTC, lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Endgame in this game is nearly UNPLAYABLE without weakauras.
dont @ me if you don’t run high keys or have atleast 1 cutting edge on ur acc.
anyone that does that knows how crucial they are for a team to succeed.

1 Like

Hi. I can parse the information that happens in a M+ without a weakaura because they put cast bars on default UI nameplates and haven’t seen any mechanics that would require a weakaura yet.

The primary things people need to succeed are: Mechanical knowledge (their class, the encounter) and the simple know-how on how to apply it, they do not require an add-on to tell them what button to push and when. I will take a skilled player with zero add-ons over an average player with add-ons.

Some people simply weren’t competent enough to know they should kiss someone with the opposite buff before their own buff expired with S1 Thundering until an add-on told them to, that isn’t a difficulty issue that is a skill issue.