Wow is not dooooooooooomed

They said they were going to chip away and all races being able to play all classes. I was expecting to be playing a Gnome Paladin in about 10 years or so.

It probably will continue on but the content will get less and less the more people leave. As another poster said they’ll sacrifice one aspect of the game to keep it going, i feel thats what’s been happening with less and less casual solo content.

I hate to use this comparison but eventually wow will become wildstar or the original Everquest and also go the route of obscure mmos you dont hear about anymore.

2 Likes
3 Likes

There are other games if WoW decides I’m not worth retention. But I don’t feel that’s the case at the moment.

ZM was a decent olive branch for me. Interested in what they’re offering in Dragonflight and what that story content is in 9.2.5. Enough so that it got me finally leveling my Dark Iron Dwarf.

1 Like

Zm wouldn’t be too bad if the cipher cost wasnt so steep and there was cipher weapons. Trying to farm lfr jailer for the gavel has become tedious.

While i love anything dragon related im concerned it’ll become another slands with multiple currencies and systems tacked upon systems with no casual solo content.

3 Likes

Even if DF fails I don’t think it’ll be the death of WoW. From the interviews we’ve had recently it sounds like they’re hinting at the idea of doing an alternate timeline after Wrath Classic if DF does do poorly, and knowing Phil Spencer’s taste in games and how he’s been buying up all the big 90’s-2000’s developers and franchises he’d probably give the go ahead on such a project.

Yeah ZM wasn’t perfect, but it was decent content. If the whole expansion had the ZM vibe it probably would’ve been much better for it.

I agree their reluctance to provide weapons kinda sucked and it felt like a spiteful decision, but I’m getting some mileage out of the 236(?) weapons my DH got from drops.

I don’t feel this anti-solo-player or anti-casual so much as their entire reward design just feels… well, unrewarding. The game take a lot to get a little out of these days.

1 Like

Agreed, sick of ZM after about 2 months of nothing but grind here. A good solution would be a rare reagent/weapon vendor in 9.2.5 in one of the 3 hubs in ZM for old currency we just have laying around. Two birds, one stone…

2 Likes

Its hard to know these days. There was a time when you would be laughed off the forums for saying that. Wow was 10mil strong. Now, i would be surprised if it was 2mil…

2 Likes

I highly doubt MS will do that. SL and BfA wasn’t well received (although I am in the minority because I actually loved BfA) but they won’t be pulling the plug on anything WoW related until the active subs hit the level of other mmos. As a side note, for as poorly as SLs has been received, there are sure of a lot of active subs still.

Well the irony here is by a lot of metrics, shadowlands has vastly out performed more modern games in terms of how it was received and its player retention. Look at New world. It’s already a dead game and will likely be shut down permanently in the next few months.

Really? What are they releasing for hardcore players aside 4 dungeons and a raid?

-looks at WoW’s progressively worse numbers-

Okie doke. :slight_smile:

But hey, hopefully Microsoft can save it.

I agree. I think ppl are mostly just massively depressed and burned out and they will come and go in waves. PPl will remember down the line why wow was good and forgive some of the horrific stuff that wow and we all went through this year as growing pains and the world doing its thing. I’m full of hope too as someone who comes and goes as the rythm flows.

To those in despair look at the good things in things. Look at how this will maybe help grow and change the devs and now we won’t be stuck with things being bad forever. Lessons where learned along the way and fun was still had for those of us not seriously trying to E-sport mythic world first raids. I feel real bad for those folks it became a full time job with PHD level requirements.

They can let a game linger on in maintenance mode if that is what they want. It will still make them money, but it’s entirely possible that they won’t invest anything more into the game if Dragonflight fails.

1 Like