WOW is going out in a whimper

Can they really continue on like this. They need something new and fresh. Not sure if its a WOW 2 or what, but this spiral of mediocrity for the majority of the player base has to give.
If you like raiding, good for you content is challenging, gets nerfed and buffed, feels like a major focus in the game.
If you like PVP-umm, not as focused on as PVE, but aside from needing some more BG’s ya’ll are fine.
Everyone else-I think the game is dying for you. It is like a flower that doesn’t get enough water or sunlight.

71 Likes

Games not dying. Whiners gonna whine. People bought new expac played the content they liked and left. That is normal and healthy behavior for adults. You don’t need to stay subbed at all times.

37 Likes

I wanna know where all the brawls went. It added some flavor. They could also being sota back as just a bg and not rated. Heck they have the code make a brawl for deepwind with the carts.

5 Likes

ThE gAmE iS dYiNg

8 Likes

Same argument made by dissatisfied players for the past 10+ years.

13 Likes

They seem to be investing less development effort into each new expansion, we are likely running into another WoD scenario without a real 9.3. But there is no new game they are working on, hard to tell what the future holds besides more cash shop items and incentivizing boosting for token sales.

24 Likes

Why is pointing out reality “whining”?

27 Likes

People on the forums have a strong confirmation bias, it goes both ways.

7 Likes

I understand you like to think, but you need to be more positive.
I think X is not good, Y is dying… is a bit old.

Not sure what are you making of a long, high-pitched cry or sound about…

2 Likes

Well it depends what reality yo are pointing out. But the people that keep pointing to subs dropping after new expacs and saying that means the game is dying are definitely whining. Worse yet they whining about the game dying meanwhile every time Blizz drops a new expac More people buy it than last time. stating facts ain’t whining. Constantly posting threads to make stuff seem worse than it is, that’s whining. Op literally said he thinks the game is dying for a crowd he ain’t part of LMAO.

It’s reasonable to look at the current state of the game and it’s development and feel discouraged. No reason to make fun of the guy.

33 Likes

I mean there are definitely reasons to make fun of the guy. Chief among them being the suggestion of WoW 2. If he really thinks the game will die cuz the people doing old content aren’t getting satisfied what sense would making a new game and deleting everyone’s progress make?

2 Likes

Despite the game has a lot of room for improvement.
The problem is really not the game. The problem is the players.
Probably don’t understand the logic, but it is what it has been and what it will always be.

There’s not enough good to outweight the bad taste in people’s mouth. But that doesn’t make the game bad. Just people tend to accumulate feelings and erupt then blame it all on the game and make it looks like the game held them hostage to pay a monthly subscription yet still refuse to just put it down and accept the fact that many others, no matter what love playing the game.

It all comes down to one word. Attitude.

2 Likes

WoW has been on life support since the end of pandaria

30 Likes

Ya I’ve noticed the forums does that. If you don’t say everything is awesome you’re labeled a whiner. Even if you aren’t whining. It’s like this strong adverse reaction of over compensation from the hardliners that, despite everyone quitting, this game is great and you’re the problem

16 Likes

I like M+ still well enough. The valor system will be nice for my few alts that I actually run keys on.

Everything else is a bit of a slog for me these days, though.

Really wishing for more outdoor content. Slay some dragons with lots of people, big cities burning we need to save, that sort of thing. Not world boss style where we can barely tag the thing before lag completely ruins the experience… More, dynamic world events for really awesome meta rewards.

4 Likes

Guys.

Please stop saying this.

What the everloving hell makes you think that the people behind WoD, BFA and SL are capable of making WoW 2 successfully? Like come back down to earth.

Their design philosophy is so flawed, and the director is so out of touch, there is zero chance. Not happening.

33 Likes

And for the last ten years the numbers keep dropping. At some point they WILL reach the bottom. All oil wells dry up sooner or later… Some of you are dense I think.

23 Likes

And if you don’t say everything is terrible you’re labeled a shill (or a Bliz employee or something)

1 Like

Except many people brought the xpac and hated it, thus the complaining in the forums.

4 Likes