WoW Hotfixes - Updated October 21

How are allies and dead enemies able to do damage to you?

Hello! Here are today’s hotfixes:

JUNE 7, 2022

Achievements

• Fixed an issue where the general Rival, Challenger, and Duelist arena achievements would not be granted after receiving the Season 3 rating achievements.

Cross-Faction Instances

• Cross-Faction groups can now queue up for Rated PvP activities once again, as intended.

Items and Rewards

• Antumbra, Shadow of the Cosmos will now properly grant its movement speed bonus.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where looting Journal Pages would sometimes not earn quest credit for “Treasure Contract: Gutrek’s Cleaver.”

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• To help with completing Torghast achievements, jailbreaks will now happen much more often on Floor 4 of standard wings, and will happen on Floor 4 and every third floor thereafter in Twisting Corridors.
2 Likes

Fix Outlaw Blunderbuss legendary not working with Blade Flurry, this bug is costing a lot of dps!

Can you fix Into The dunes? Literally broken and cannot do that zone in BFA. Not OK.

2 Likes

Dead enemies could still have DoTs on you, as a warlock I often keep doing damage to rares/world bosses even if I died to them. Although IDK why it would matter if you were reflecting part of that damage to the corpse or not.

Allies, IDK, shadow mend?

1 Like

Today’s hotfix update:

JUNE 8, 2022

Dungeons and Raids

• Sanguine Depths
    • Executor Tarvold
      • Castigate damage reduced by 20%.
    • Grand Proctor Beryllia
      • Agonize damage reduced by 20%.
      • Fixed an issue causing some abilities to scale with the Fortified affix instead of the Tyrannical affix.
  • Spires of Ascension
    • Astronos, Lakesis, and Klotos
      • Health reduced by 20%.
      • Aura of Intimidation damage reduced by 20%.
  • The Necrotic Wake
    • Nalthor the Rimebinder
      • Icebound Aegis absorb reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Theater of Pain
    • Xav the Unfallen
      • Seismic Leap damage reduced by 10%.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed a tooltip issue where Cosmic Gladiator’s Echoing Resolve’s tooltip indicated it provided immunity to interrupt effects.

Burning Crusade Classic

• Fixed an issue with Shifting Naaru Sliver where players standing close together could affect the duration of the effect from each other’s trinkets.
1 Like

It’s really enough with the Maintenace being east coast time 10am… Really after all these years you cannot move it to something way more practical like 230am any weekday? And how bad is your IT department lately, not just Tuesdays anymore now its follow up Wednesday Oh another mistake Thursday as well… really getting old!

It’s a conspiracy man!

I just want to point out…time zones.

10am for you is 7am for Blizz. 2:30am for you is 11:30pm for Blizz, and 10:30am for parts of Europe.

My point is simple. No matter what time they do maintenance, it is going to inconvenience someone, somewhere. What is “practical” to you is not practical to someone else, and at the end of the day Blizzard is who controls the game and they will always do work when the time is best for their business model. The employees who perform maintenance don’t live in the office. In fact, call support at 2:30am, you won’t reach someone in California, I promise you that.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if they needed to do daily hotfixes for an hour each day. At least that shows that bugs are being squashed and not ignored.

3 Likes

Wow, those are some pretty beastly nerfs. Surprised you didn’t nerf comet storm to just like, 2 strikes.

Appreciated but people told you to take a look at these bosses ages ago. Those abilities were ridiculous. Why did it take you a year to nerf these clearly overtuned mechanics?

Heya! Here are today’s hotfixes:

JUNE 9, 2022

Dungeons and Raids

• Developer’s note: With the following hotfixes, our goal is to address circumstances in Shadowlands dungeons where enemy spells could be cast on nearby melee targets when their current target moved out of range, sometimes leading to unfair player deaths.
    • De Other Side
      • Fixed an issue that would cause Territorial Bladebeak and Bladebeak Matriarch’s Beak Slice to be cast on a nearby target if their current target was out of range.
    • Halls of Atonement
      • Fixed an issue that would cause Depraved Darkblade’s Deadly Thrust to be cast on a nearby target if their current target was out of range.
    • Mists of Tirna Scithe
      • Fixed an issue that would cause Mistveil Matriarch’s Shred Armor to be cast on a nearby target if their current target was out of range.
    • Tazavesh: So’leah’s Gambit
      • Fixed an issue that would cause Burly Deckhand’s Haymaker to be cast on a nearby target if their current target was out of range.
      • Increased the cast time of Haymaker to 1.5 seconds (was 0.75 seconds).
    • Theater of Pain
      • Fixed an issue that would cause Ancient Captain’s Shield Bash to be cast on a nearby target if their current target was out of range.
  • Karazhan
    • Fixed an issue where players in Cross-Faction groups could play the Chess Event against each other and prevent victory.

Quests

• The Vol’dun introduction quest, “Into the Dunes” is working as expected once again.
1 Like

…why does this sound like a fun concept for a battleground?

This will be very well appreciated by people - it’s been a hotbutton topic on the forums this past week.

That’s a lot of dungeon tuning in one week. Next add some loot to them. I don’t think people are annoyed by them because once a season you get an unexpected bird peck. It’s mostly that people stopped caring about anima about a year ago.

Into the Dunes is still broken.

It’s hotfix time~

JUNE 10, 2022

Dungeons and Raids

• Developers’ note: In this second batch of updates to Shadowlands dungeons, we’ve addressed more circumstances where enemy abilities could be cast on nearby targets in melee when their current target became out of range, which could sometimes lead to unfair deaths, or encourage groups to avoid bringing melee DPS entirely.
    • The following abilities will no longer hit nearby targets in melee when the enemy’s target is out of range:
      • Encrypted Affix
        • Urh Dismantler’s Deconstruct
      • De Other Side
        • Headless Client’s Discharge
      • Plaguefall
        • Domina Venomblade’s Cytotoxic Slash
        • Plagueroc’s Blightbeak
        • Mire Soldier’s Mighty Swing
        • Rotting Slimeclaw’s Corroded Claws
      • Sanguine Depths
        • Rockbound Sprite’s Animate Pebble
        • Chamber Sentinel’s Severing Slice
      • Tazavesh: So’leah’s Gambit
        • Devoted Accomplice’s Energy Slash
      • The Necrotic Wake
        • Zolramus Bonecarver’s Boneflay
        • Stitched Vanguard’s Bone Claw
        • Loyal Creation’s Bone Claw
      • Theater of Pain
        • Dessia the Decapitator’s Slam
        • Shackled Soul’s Soul Touch
        • Heavin the Breaker’s Colossus Smash
        • Rek the Hardened’s Unbalancing Blow
        • Putrid Butcher’s Chop and Devour Flesh

Quests

• Fixed an issue where level 10 Horde characters leaving Exile’s Reach could sometimes arrive on the Alliance ship instead of Orgrimmar during the quest “An End to Beginnings.”
4 Likes

May I ask: what was the philosophy behind trying to add these kinds of mechanics?
I’m not at all being snarky or anything, but it just seemed weird to randomly get wacked by a tank hitter as a melee champ

I just did a DoS, and before all these changes I never once got randomly pecked like the hotfix notes imply they were trying to stop. This time I just kept getting pecked and pecked and pecked while the tank was kiting with no aggro. It is worded like they removed it, but it barely existed before, and now it happens constantly lol

That’s great you’re fixing problems in dungeons but Fury Warriors are still doing unhealable damage while constantly healing themselves in PvP and next to nothing is being done about it.

Here are the hotfixes from today:

JUNE 13, 2022

Achievements

• Credit for the Path of Ascension achievement To the Moon should now be granted consistently.

Dungeons and Raids

• Sepulcher of the First Ones
    • Rygelon
      • Fixed an issue where players could incidentally consume two Collapsing Quasar Fields that overlap.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where the “The Catalyst Awakens” would sometimes not complete when interacting with the Creation Catalyst.
  • Players should now always be able to see the Twisted Gateway to enter the scenario for “Fangs of the Devourer.”
1 Like