So do a normal
The quaking related hotfix on Skulloc is insufficient. You might not take damage during the smash, but if quaking lines up to end right after the smash ends, you are still stacked up, and you still die to quaking.
I’m not sure on the best way to handle this, but a suggestion would be for quaking to not be able to trigger while Gronn Smash is active, or if quaking has already triggered, to be cleared (if that is possible in the system). Alternatively, a short term immunity following Gronn Smash would be reasonable, even if slightly unintuitive.
Kara tuning when?
The Oribos fix for the Crossing Fate bug still isnt working and it looks like Blizzard has given up trying to fix it that way.
The only fix now is to re-kill the bosses that you didnt get credit from. But, for me, I dont remember what bosses didnt give credit so now Im going to have to re-do the entire raid.
Well done update Blizzard, totally not rushed out the door and completely alleviates any fears about Dragonflight.
They can’t design content that stacks your group in M+…or either make it so quaking doesn’t trigger during these times, but that might be difficult to code. I wish they fixed tazavesh quaking as well. During the menagerie boss I’ve had a full wipe because quaking went off right as everyone was pulled together. Mailboss can also suck. If quaking lines up with a soak and that person doesn’t have an immune you are screwed. Blizzard has to stop designing situations with 0 counterplay. The best play can’t be “let that person die and battle rez them” …that’s terrible design.
Dungeons and Raids
- Fixed an issue that could cause client and server latency after bosses are defeated.
Fated Castle Nathria
- Improved the client and server performance caused by Echo of Sin’s Painful Memories.
- Sire Denathrius
- Grom’kar Captain’s Reckless Slash will now be cast less frequently.
- Improved the visual effect on Spinning Spear.
- Fixed an issue where Siegemaster Olugar’s Gatecrasher could become stuck on players.
- Burning Arrows now have a visual effect indicating where they will impact.
Return to Karazhan: Lower
- Improved the visual effect on Ghostly Philanthropist’s Pennies From Heaven.
- Lord Crispin Ference’s Will Breaker is now more visible.
Attumen the Huntsman
- Spectral Charge no longer damages pets.
Return to Karazhan: Upper
- Fixed an issue causing Volatile Energy to fixate on pets.
- Mana Devourer will once again cast Decimating Essence upon reaching full mana.
- Energy Void damage reduced by 65%.
- Resolved an issue that caused Coalesce Power to drain more mana than intended.
- The Curator
- Grimrail Depot
Would you consider making this change in Soleah’s Gambit during the teleport to the next area? The effect is similar to the one during Skulloc’s Gronn Smash (i.e. you lose control of your toon during the transit period) which can result in a complete wipe.
that one has easy counterplay though, you just don’t all go through the portal simultaneously
agree, but a little more challenging to do when pugging.
if i’m in a pug i wait for everyone else, then go through. if I’m with friends, i go in with them because it’ll be funny if somebody dies
Would someone please address the issues with not being able to list personal M+ keys for the ‘new’ old dungeons in the group finder?
FYI: still bugged as of 60 seconds ago (Sunday 8/7)
Take a look at today’s hotfix update:
- [With realm restarts] (4) Set Bonus: Mad Bombardier damage bonus has been reduced to 50% (was 70%).
- [With realm restarts] Mongoose Bite damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
- [With realm restarts] Raptor Strike damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
- [With realm restarts] Serpent Sting damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
- [With realm restarts] Kill Command damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
- [With realm restarts] Fixed an issue where Raptor Strike was dealing less damage than intended while Aspect of the Eagle was active.
- Developers’ note: The Survival Hunter Mad Bombardier 4-piece set bonus is still causing Survival Hunters to over perform in multi-target situations. We’re lowering the effectiveness of the 4-piece bonus while also increasing the damage of your single target abilities to offset this loss of damage against a single target.
- [With realm restarts] Rain of Fire damage reduced by 20%.
- [With realm restarts] Infernal’s Immolation Aura reduced by 20%.
- Developers’ note: We’re still seeing Destruction excel in multi-target situations. We’re applying additional changes here to stabilize their throughput when scaling with high target counts.
Dungeons and Raids
- Fixed an issue that caused listed Grimrail Depot and Iron Docks keystones to not appear in the Group Finder UI when searching by keystone level.
- [With realm restarts] Zul’gamux now casts Blood Barrier less often.
- [With realm restarts] Zul’gamux has found a new location to hide in Return to Karazhan: Upper.
- [With realm restarts] Grom’kar Far Seer’s Storm Shield can now be purged.
- [With realm restarts] Grom’kar Cinderseer will no longer cast Lava Wreath.
- [With realm restarts] Borka the Brute’s Mad Dash damage reduced by 30%.
- [With realm restarts] Thunderous Breath initial damage reduced by 25%.
- [With realm restarts] Dreadfang’s Shredding Swipes should no longer hit players multiple times.
- [With realm restarts] Feeding Frenzy now requires Oshir to suffer 5% damage to be interrupted (was 8%).
- [With realm restarts] Skulloc’s melee damage reduced by 15%.
- [With realm restarts] Koramar will no longer cast Shattering Blade.
- Fleshrender Nok’gar
Return to Karazhan: Lower
- [With realm restarts] Ghostly Philanthropist will no longer cast Throw Coin.
- [With realm restarts] Gang Ruffian’s Poisonous Shank damage reduced by 30%.
The Opera Hall: Wikket
- [With realm restarts] Winged Assistant health reduced by 30%.
- [With realm restarts] Moroes’ Garrote duration reduced to 1 minute (was permanent).
- [With realm restarts] Moroes’ Dinner Party effect now increases the damage and attack speed of nearby dinner guests by 50% (was 100%).
Return to Karazhan: Upper
Shade of Medivh
- [With realm restarts] Flame Wreath damage reduced by 30%.
- Shade of Medivh
Items and Rewards
- Fixed an issue causing the Great Vault to display the wrong item level for upcoming rewards.
What I don’t understand is why not just take the damage bonus off of the Inferno talent for destro and let the other aoe talents in the row be somewhat competitive? The soul shard gain is insane by itself at high levels of haste. (Along with running Soul Conduit.)
Where is slime cat added to LFR and the XP buff as usual more trash.
What about first boss grim rail slam ability. And the fact that the boss jumps too often and the burn phase doesn’t make up for it.
What about the dmg on upper Kara 3rd boss. Or madhiv’s arcane phase doing too much dmg.
What about lower Kara first boss being over tuned and the fact that you barely have any bounty stacks to deal with it.
What about the fact that one dude on moroes whirlwinds non stop and melee can’t hit him.
What about first boss of iron docks have no indication for frontal.
Also what about the fact that havoc does no fn dmg
You can still pull through the stage floor in lower Karazhan (any ground-placed spell is at risk).
I hope everyone finds him more worth killing. Kiss/curse really only works if the kiss is better than the curse, so I hope this now turns out that way. Being under the bats made him WAY too annoying, so super happy about this one.
While I think I understand the point behind this, would it be worth considering just having it max out at one stack? I say this from the perspective that he doesn’t always split evenly (or maybe that was after he had one stack on each?). He hit our shadow priest 3 times before giving anyone else a second stack, so if that can still happen, it can still just destroy someone without a chance. That might not happen functionally, just not sure.
Not there, if you want the cat do a normal. Its not hard