WoW Hotfixes - Updated November 30

It was either removing it from the Evokers who got it easily, or to make it generally easy to obtain for everyone. So good decision, instead of waiting and hopping for the dust to settle.
(and this is coming from a person who has obtained Galleon during Legion or BfA. forgot which expansion)

what do you mean? the 7 hours it took a week to get through all my alts at sha is some of the most fun ive ever had

I got the heavenly onyx cloud serpent after one kill today. Either I’m really lucky or they actually massively boosted the drop rate

Let me help you understand this extremely complex question of yours as to why people would care if the drop rate is increased.

Some people were able to recently receive the mounts on their Evokers due to a bug that somehow increased the chances of Evokers getting them. This is an issue because the goal of the game is to allow everyone the same opportunity. If you were not on at the time you missed out on this opportunity. Blizzard then changed it meaning only a very few amount of people had an increased chance to get this mount. Why is this an issue? Again, it gave an unfair opportunity to some players plain and simple. People love mounts, people love collecting mounts, and now Blizzard has attempted to fix their mistake. Is it the best solution? I don’t know, but it’s certainly better than nothing.

I was happy people got a mount they wanted, but Blizzard is doing right here.

It’s called “rhetorical.”

I’m guessing the drop rate changed from 0.05% to 1%. Why it was 0.05% in the beginning is beyond me.

2 Likes

like you quite literally just did it an hour ago or something? Like you did it after this lastest blue post? I’m bouta go attempt it

please increase the time it takes for these MoP and WoD world bosses to die, it is almost impossible to get a tag on Rukhmar as a monk, my jade lightning can’t reach him until he’s dead and falling cause everyone is literally blowing cooldowns like it’s a parse, there are others in the area with the same issue on multiple classes, people are just killing it too fast

2 Likes

This is a great change! I hope more items get a buff, or even better, bad luck protection. Extremely low drops that can take years to drop is bad for the game.

There are issues though with the world bosses. I just tried Sha and he went down very fast.

• Please make the immune shield better and last longer. Nowadays they die nearly instantly. Sha died in about 5-8 seconds.
  • Another issue is the spawn timer. Waiting for 15 minutes or more at a time for it to spawn is not fun. Make it respawn 1 minute or so after it died and do not let the corpse make it take longer.

These changes would make it much easier to tag the boss in time and make it take much less time.
Long respawns on world bosses and certain rares is not fun especially when the low drops encourage players to use alts, making the wait even worse.

1 Like

So what this means is that if they up the heartbreaker drop rate - there will cease to be any mount in the game with a sub .1% drop rate. Considering TCG mounts are now coming out via twitch drops - there doesn’t really seem to be any more mounts in the game with an extreme rarity attached to it.

I want to mention too that if mount collecting is now about the # and not necessarily the rarity of the mount - we NEED to have 550 and 600 mount achievs going forward and many more collectable mount achievements.

I am not the least surprised that blizzard is only taking the easiest and most stupid approach to counter the problems that farming those mounts had. they don’t want to put time and effort into finding a proper solution (which obviously were there). they can’t handle those things with either subtlety or adequacy. this is what was NOT necessary, this is what many who appreciate rate mounts feared, and after the Feldrake fiasco, this isn’t short of what disproportionate actions we can expect from blizzard in the future.

If you’re a mount hunter who likes rare mounts, you’re now officially screwed and should re-evaluate parts of your motivation to play the game.

I feel like this can be remedied by providing us with a 550 and 600 mount achievement. Because with this change, it really isn’t about the rarity anymore - it’s more about the total #.

If that’s the main take blizzard wants to deliver to us… at least the memories of the incredible satisfaction after a long hunt for a rare mount are everlasting.
for my part, I feel more and more disillusioned finding parts of my motivation for playing the game utterly shattered by those actions.
they also made it very clear that they don’t really care for hardcore mount hunters. they’re pumping out masses of mounts, re-using rig after rig and slightly recoloured variants, but defy any milestone achievements (apart from the irregular one when they feel like it. giving only the 500 achiev was an insult).
it’s clear that they’re lazy. they don’t care for finesse. all they care for is numbers and mass satisfication, even where it is unnecessary.

2 Likes

Yeah I did it about 2 hours ago on this rogue

1 Like

You know who would have enjoyed this, Blizzard?

Redeemed Arthas. But he can’t, because you (Blizzard) made him go poof

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face:

How nice of you, Blizzard, to outright devalue not only TCG items, but also mounts that were farmable ingame - people spend a lot of time, effort and poured their heart into hunting them.
And instead of putting time and effort into finding a solution that actually makes sense, you’re just bailling out with a cheap surrogate.

All that’s left for me to say is that at least I DO NOT have to spend money to play your game, buy your expansions, your shop mounts, services or anything else anymore and can just tend to other things I still enjoy ingame.

5 Likes

Yes, this is very sad for me, was really interesting to cap nalak, sha during wod and bid fight for galleon early legion, the nervousness someone would outbid for 30 mins; rukhmar I got lucky, was my first world boss mount, was actually farming it for gear on many alts in order to solo horridon and ji-kun when it was new, and oondasta is and probably will be my most-farmed mount with 5.351 tries, a friend of mine who started farming it, a semi-collector (we played in eu, that’s why mounts don’t show here) got it the first week we farmed it, after the respawn was made 15 mins and a total of about 100 tries and then helped me with my kills by inviting to different crz for about half my kills in the august 2016-may 2017 period, sadly though she missed the drop, couldn’t be there that day; this wouldn’t have happened had it been a 1 in 100 drop, because I’d have got it in mop, even with terrible luck as I had, but even so, I think the drop rate should’ve been 1 in 100 for all these things, as it’s a game it’s not good to have to work as much as some of us did for this stuff, it’s just I don’t see why they needed to wait 9 years before fixing them, instead of getting it right from the start.

yup. agreed. shouldn’t have made those mounts so rare in the first place.
but after so many years just turning their back and walk away from the shambles you’ve created can not be a way

that’s gotta be the most savage micdrop I’ve ever read in regards of wow :joy: :heart:

Thanks for upping the drop chances on those mounts, now I might get the Heavenly Onyx Serpent before I die

2 Likes