WoW Hotfixes - Updated July 13

Balancing this game isn’t really Blizzards strong suit…

1 Like

They just need to nerf Gash Frenzy by 60% and Marked for Butchery by 40% and it would be fine. Tricktotem still does a ton of damage if Earth Bolt’s aren’t interrupted and the tank mechanic stays all the same. I just don’t know how they expect 99.9% of the playerbase to time a 20 when the boss is balanced based off World First raiders in full absolute bis. It’s just insanity.

And the saddest part is, the dungeon is insanely good outside of the first boss. It’s a really fun dungeon to run besides the 1st boss. It’s a shame really, I think it would be the most popular dungeon to run if it wasn’t designed/balanced by a crackhead.

How do those that didn’t get it…get it?
Mine bugged didn’t award, and the GM’s i’ve been talking to…are just giving me a circle around very 24 hrs.
I cant even do it on an alt now because it’s a feat of strength. (Please don’t tell me i have to do it again on an alt)

can you give a bonus to raiders for awhile or give players that did raid flightstones that they should have gotten. Thats 2 weeks of flightstones raiders missed out…

I personally did 8/9 normal and 1/9 heroic week 1 and then 8/9 normal and 5/9 heroic week 2. thats 16 normal bosses and 6 heroic bosses of stones missing.

seems to me you a picking a very niche piece of the game and trying an failing to apply it to the community at large

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

May 22, 2023

Classes

• Monk
    • Fixed an issue causing Weapons of Order to incorrectly increase enemy damage taken from trinket and embellishment effects.
  • Shaman
    • Enhancement
      • Fixed an issue where using Windstrike in Ascendance while talented into Legacy of the Frost Witch and Thorim’s Invocation was not properly resetting the cooldown of Windstrike when gaining the Legacy of the Frost Witch buff.
  • Warlock
    • Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where Ripped through the Portal would not function on Magmorax’s platform.
      • Fixed an issue where Dread Calling would not function on Magmorax’s platform.
      • Fixed an issue where Infernal Command would not function on Magmorax’s platform.

Dungeons and Raids

• Mythic+
    • Neltharus
      • Forgemaster Gorek
        • [With weekly restarts] Reduced the duration of Blazing Aegis reduced to 4 seconds (was 6 seconds).
    • Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
      • Bromach
        • [With weekly restarts] The health of Quaking totem has been reduced by 20%.
    • The Vortex Pinnacle
      • Asaad
        • [With weekly restarts] Reduced the health of Skyfall Nova by 10%.

Enemies and NPCs

• Zaralek Cavern
    • [With weekly restarts] The loot lockout now resets when the content in a given area of the map becomes available. Now, when world quests are visible in an area, the rare elite enemies in that area will also be available. Rare elite rewards have been increased to offset their reduced frequency.
      • Developers’ notes: Unlike Forbidden Reach, the rare elites in Zaralek Cavern are meant to be a bonus, rather than the primary activity.

Quests

• The extra Effervesta will not be present during the “Best Friends” quest chain.
  • Fyrakk is looking for more folks to burninate during “Aiding the Accord: Suffusion Camp,” so this quest can now be offered to qualifying alts between levels 60 and 66 (was 67+).
1 Like

There’s no way any dev actually plays Brewmaster, lol.

3 Likes

So where’s the compensatory buff for brewmaster, considering that’s a significant nerf to our overall damage? Approximately 50% of brewmaster’s damage comes from external sources, WoO was how we managed to keep up.

2 Likes

You don’t get one. You get a knee jerk reaction from a dev who likely doesn’t play Brewmaster and saw that a new trinket does damage. Strange how this wasn’t an issue the entire expansion, even with annulet, but now (after everyone has started gearing) better nuke it.

I guess Paladin’s couldn’t handle not being the best at a single element. Watch out DH’s they are coming for your damage next!

2 Likes

Ok the change to the rare is unironically going to kill activity in the Cavern. It’s already a struggle sometimes to get rare kills overnight, when I have time to play, now everyone is just going to be anywhere else when they finish their daily/weekly stuff. There is not enough content to do moment to moment to keep people in the Cavern for more than an hour at a time without the rares working like they currently do.

4 Likes

Can we fix the bug with Retribution Paladins and Execution Sentence not calculating damage increase from versatility for the spells that contribute to it’s damage? It’s a lot of damage missing from our single target builds in raid specifically.

1 Like

So please correct me if i’m wrong. Does this mean it is no longer available for levels 67+ and only available between 60-66?

1 Like

Thanks, Sanq! Looks like we’re seeing more waves of m+ tuning. Do you know when we can expect pvp tuning this season?

So is it a fixed rotation or will it be RNG? If it’s not a fixed rotation, that’s going to be really lame for people trying for certain achievements and cosmetic drops.

Zaralek Cavern was already empty as is with multiple Forbidden Reach rare farming groups available.

1 Like

I hate this. I was even gone for over a week during this patch and this doesn’t make me feel like I’m being helped here for not being able to play as much. It’s more of a detriment to being able to catch up.

I wish you guys would stop stomping all over how players end up playing the game. You might not have intended for people to farm rares primarily. But people mostly farming rares means that’s what we wanted to do. The game shouldn’t be controlled into a linear path.

Biweekly is unfun. Biweekly is boring!

5 Likes

If you are only letting us kill the rares 2 days a week from now on, can we atleast get a drop chance buff for the collectibles they drop?

• Cobalt Shalewing Mount (Extremely Low %)
  • Pets
  • Toys
  • Manuscripts
6 Likes

05/22/2023 “Hotfix” you left out the part where you nerfed shamans electrified shocks talent by 10% so now you only get 15% increased nature damage instead of 25%. What’s with the stealth nerfs? Only shaman, right? Everyone else got buffs huh or at least no nerfs overnight without patch notes.

“Hotfixes” are things that needed emergency patches because someone entered a value wrong or it was just game breaking in one way or another and every change is announced or a bug was introduced that got missed. Hotfixes are not for introducing class balance changes/tweaks without following the proper protocol of in-house testing>PTR>Live.

I mean I knew what you guys would do, so it’s not surprising. Anyways, I’m sure this wont raise any suspicion among us “poors”.

I have a screenshot now of every single useful talent you might want to nerf. Go ahead, nerf some more stuff without putting it in the notes. Looks like if I want you to tone a class down I just need to start playing it. I think I’ll roll maybe a lock… or a paladin… or a priest… warrior… DH… hunter, rogue. Ya know, your favorites.

I don’t see any PTR notes for any of these changes, where are they coming from and why aren’t they being put on PTR before live? Explain yourselves. In particular regards to nerfing electricfied shocks by 10% to only give 15% nature bonus damage, that definitely isn’t anywhere in any PTR notes.

Healers were already basically impossible to solo, now its definitely impossible. Theres no point in trying to take a healer solo because they can heal through everything and have unlimited mana (oh but hybrids can’t even off heal, huh? unless they aren’t a shaman only shaman goes OOM right now)

Don’t forget rank 2 of demon skin isn’t working, and shadowbolt / demonbolt still aren’t reliably generating shards when engaging a target.

yeah nerf the only thing that makes brewmaster stand out (all abilities that increase damage of trinkets and embellishment effects they should be nerfed for other tank specs too)

1 Like

Another month without meaningful and needed class tuning. Absolute :clown_face: development team. Where are the Outlaw Rogue buffs?

1 Like