WoW Hotfixes - Updated March 20

It is easier to just pretend like mage isn’t a thing.

In PVE, I don’t think it’s that OP as a 20 second root considering it’s limited to 5 targets and on a 1 minute cooldown that requires a caster to get in melee range. It is incredibly useful for a class that provides little to no other CC abilities.

1 Like

You sweet Summer child, the bugs with Clearcasting have existed since BfA alpha introduced Clearcasting; that’s right, 5 years ago.

Clearcasting is a disaster of coding not seen in this game that has been responsible for over 15 separate bugs, some fixed some not.

Separate reminder to Blizzard, please fix Nether Tempest’s tooltip not updating the damage per current Arcane Charge; this bug has existed since WoD.

1 Like

Is this a WoW Classic hotfix or like retail live? Mm, umm thank you?

confirmed for live I guess

1 Like

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

February 22, 2023

Classes

• Evoker
    • Fixed an issue where Blessing of the Bronze did not reduce the cooldown of Shamans’ Gust of Wind ability. Blessing of the Bronze’s tooltip will be updated in a future patch.

Tuning is coming to a crawl I see. DF was over before it started

2 Likes

negative nancys are always posting bs on the forums i guess its just business as usual

2 Likes

fix disentegrate and eternity surge please

1 Like

February 23, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Ruby Life Pools
    • Fixed a bug that could cause Kyrakka’s Flaming Embers to unintentionally strike players who appear to be outside of its visual.

Fantastic. When is the next xpac due to release?

It’s 2023, why the hell does Quaking still activate outside of combat?

I would like to know why this issue is not addressed in the list of Hotfixes: https://i.imgur.com/s5BNvGn.png

The player here is using level 70 gear, on a level 60 toon. The chest and boots ARE currently fixed on the PTR via slapping a level 70 requirement on them, but the ring is NOT.

Why the discrepancy, and why does a fix like this take months to roll out when it is clearly bug abuse?

February 27, 2023

Classes

• Death Knight
    • Blood
      • [With weekly restarts] All damaging abilities increased by 3%.
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • [With weekly restarts] Light of Dawn healing increased by 10%.
    • Protection
      • [With weekly restarts] Greater Judgment’s bonus to your next Holy Power ability against the afflicted target increased to 40% (was 20%).
      • [With weekly restarts] Hammer of Wrath damage increased by 30%.
      • [With weekly restarts] Hammer of the Righteous damage increased by 20%.
  • Shaman
    • Elemental
      • [With weekly restarts] Lightning Bolt damage increased by 10% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
      • [With weekly restarts] Lava Burst damage increased by 6% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
      • [With weekly restarts] Earth Shock damage increased by 6%. Does not apply to PvP. Does not apply to PvP.
      • [With weekly restarts] Elemental Blast damage increased by 6% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP. Does not apply to PvP.
      • [With weekly restarts] Icefury damage increased by 80%.
      • [With weekly restarts] Icefury causes Frost Shock to generate 14 Maelstrom (was 8).
      • [With weekly restarts] Frost Shock damage increased by 15% for Elemental only.
        • Developers’ notes: These changes are aimed at improving Elemental single target damage. We also felt that Icefury should deal more damage so that the spell is not solely focused on the follow-up Frost Shocks.

Player versus Player

• Items
    • [With weekly restarts] Gladiator’s Distinction’ Stamina provided by the bonus increased by 40%
      • Developers’ note: Our goal for PvP pacing is for it to be fast, while leaving time for players to react; we’ve continued to see that overall PvP pacing has been faster than we would like, especially as players have been gaining increased offensive power through tier set acquisition, so we are adjusting the stamina bonus from Gladiator’s Distinction to help address this.
  • Classes
    • Hunter
      • [With weekly restarts] Improved Kill Shot now increases Kill Shot’s critical strike damage by 15% in PvP Combat (was 25%).
      • Marksmanship
        • [With weekly restarts] Razor Fragments now increases Kill Shot’s damage by 40% in PvP Combat (was 50%).
        • [With weekly restarts] Arcane Shot damage increased by 45% in PvP Combat (was 30%).
        • [With weekly restarts] Chimaera Shot damage increased by 45% in PvP Combat (was 30%).
          • Developers’ notes: Kill Shot critical strikes have been particularly deadly for Hunters, so we’re reducing the value of Improved Kill Shot. Marksmanship will be receiving several other adjustments to shift more of their damage profile into their base rotation.
    • Monk
      • Brewmaster
        • [With weekly restarts] Incendiary Breath (PvP Talent) now increases the Radius and Damage of Breath of Fire by 30% (was 100%).
          • Developers’ notes: Incendiary Breath’s radius increase has been difficult to read as a player and Brewmaster damage has been higher than we would like.
      • Windwalker
        • [With weekly restarts] Touch of Karma now redirects 105% of absorbed damage in PvP Combat (was 70%).
          • Developers’ notes: Touch of Karma’s redirect damage should be a strong deterrent to targeting a Monk while it’s active, and we feel that it was too weak previously.
    • Rogue
      • Assassination
        • [With weekly restarts] Hemotoxin (PvP Talent) healing reduction effect reduced to 30% (was 35%).
          • Developers’ notes: We felt that the Healing reduction effect from Hemotoxic was too strong, especially as it is easy to keep applied.
      • Outlaw
        • [With weekly restarts] Dispatch damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
          • Developers’ notes: Outlaw has been underperforming, so we’re increasing their finisher damage.
    • Shaman
      • Enhancement
        • [With weekly restarts] Converging Storms increases Stormstrike damage by 10% per stack in PvP Combat (was 25%).
        • [With weekly restarts] Lava Lash damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
        • [With weekly restarts] Stormstrike damage increased by 50% in PvP Combat (was increased by 30%).
        • [With weekly restarts] Windstrike damage increased by 50% in PvP Combat (was increased by 30%).
          • Developers’ notes: We’re looking to increase Enhancement’s consistent damage while reducing its high-end burst potential.
    • Warrior
      • Fury
        • [With weekly restarts] Rampage damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
        • [With weekly restarts] Execute damage increased by 10% in PvP. Arms and Protection damage unchanged.
          • Developers’ notes: Fury Warriors’ offensive pressure has been notably lower than we would like, so we’re increasing Rampage and Execute damage.

Outlaw could still use some more buffs.

Why isn’t the one ability in the game that a trinket cant get you out of being addressed? There should never be an ability from any class that trinket cannot get you out of. Everyone knows what that ability is. Spear of bastion. Trinket should be able to be used here.

1 Like

When you remove the durability of tanks, they need to bring offense to the table, otherwise what is the point?

Take a look at your Solo Shuffle leaderboards. Brewmaster is the only tank spec that isn’t 1000+ rating behind its dps and healer counterparts. That is to say, Brewmaster is the only tank spec that isn’t woefully undertuned. Instead of nerfing Brewmaster, you need to be buffing the other tanks.

Also, how is it that you feel Brewmaster warrants a nerf before Disc?

1 Like

I’m guessing this is just a change meant for raiders? They’re already the best or close to it for m+ so I don’t see the point in this.

You guys cant afford me but let me know if you want someone who plays the game to help with balancing.

1 Like

You know… i was just thinking… you know who needs buffs? Tanks. Blood dk needs buffs.

Lol… these people dont play this game.

1 Like