WoW Hotfixes - Updated March 20

Plz work about the Frost DK
That class need a lot of improvement when BOS is in cold down
Brine grinder is still bugged
Bonegrinder doesn’t work at all

Are there any plans to fix all the issues with Warlock (Affliction) that everyone is talking about on the Warlock forum?

(post deleted by author)

They would need to hire and then train a Warlock dev…so I’m betting the answer is “no”.

Intern season starts in June, I bet one of them will be assigned to look into it.

Yeah I don’t understand this at all…why have PTR at all if you guys are just gonna do whatever you want anyway? Your gonna put a semi see through animal/critter with a flashy color in the shop that does absolutely nothing different compared to hundreds before it for an expansion or future patch we can’t use it in yet. We could go to oribos with it!?! ….nope.
Then add a companion to match, maybe throw in a single transmog right? Then maybe add in a sub option? …haven’t had one of those in a…yeah…

Instead, listen to the vast majority of players trying to tell you how to fix the game that they play, at minimum where to look.
We start a thread about balancing at first or maybe a large consensus comes forward to let you guys know that there’s an issue with “ X, Y, and Z” summing it up because there really is so much right now just broken. Not kidding at all, I really started liking Dragonflight, been playing nonstop since the week before launch but I’m getting hesitant to continue because I saw 10.0.7 patch notes to overhaul the golden child favorite class…I’m just curious as to why blizzard decided to put a mostly broken game out instead of using alpha and beta to fix all of this busted mess, especially seeing the state of most classes, thats when I knew for a fact it’s more of the same. Whoever’s been driving the past 6 or so years is gonna kill everyone else in the car because they’re daydreaming of cuddly animals for mounts and shiny Stormwind foot soldier themed armors with strange fitting boots, instead of focusing on the road ahead driving the damn car. I used enjoy your games because they weren’t full of broken items, broken questlines, abandoned time sinks for promising ideas that get thrown away instead of fixed. Classes over and under tuned, promising systems made completely useless in most cases instead of improving and doing right by your patrons. Not just players. Your patrons.
We post and wait. And wait.
And wait…
Then…BLUE POST!
Oh…it’s just more transmogs that are different shades now…an announcement about a fix for something fun like the artifact fishing pole escape completely irrelevant when you coulda made the simplest change… it doesn’t work in BG when a fight would matter, but killing it just the same. By killing that one single item you removed the need to attempt to go get it, ruined that item. It’s just more of the same “ we did it players! You know that part you guys got really excited about for a few minutes? You had a lot of fun playing the game and interacting with others making them how…how in the…??Instead you killed it. Ya made it slow, useless and pointless to go get! Those types of changes may seem minor until you find out that little change making a single item’s usefulness worthless has a much bigger effect on the game, makes it a little less fun to play.
for all of these reasons and many more not listed, I play for about a month or two and then unsub after every expansion since pandaria. You don’t listen to your player base and it’s not just obvious, it’s borderline insulting especially when going great lengths to release the game that’s been in development for so long and it’s this buggy…alpha should’ve identified broken classes and areas to focus, beta shoulda been the feedback you needed to clean it up… seems to be a very poor “milk it till it dies” attitude but surprise! It ended up being more fun than initially expected after bombing the last two expansions.
What do you know! Even a broken clock is right twice a day!
Now here we are and the problems are starting to add up because lack of resources on current content. let’s be honest it was one step away from being liquidated for “race to the extremely common rare, maybe…or just wait he’ll respawn in a minute, mount dropping boss littered zone with a rep grind a faction with 1 useful item to grind for out of 4 because by the time you get to the rep reward it’s useless. 1 or two extremely overpriced mounts you’ may use until you get the next puzzle one.
Here’s the opportunity to turn this around, right now in this next patch cycle…you might want to change the formula by listening to the complaints about current systems and work on fixes for current content, polish it up because It’s starting to show lack of foresight much like previous experiences. Ditch the old formula and adapt, just try it…all I’m saying is fix the existing systems problems… expand and implement changes…if it’s a choice you would’ve went with like in the past, do the opposite…
When people tell you that they can’t do a world quest and there’s only a dozen with 2-3 out of the 12 that can’t be done, maybe have someone hot fix them…

This is exactly what I mean. Who decided that should be priority over a completely busted class by the previous hot patch…honestly how big of a deal is it that this was fixed over a more important one like a world quest not working. At one point before I just stopped doing the Tuskar fishing daily’s, every other day I couldn’t do the quest to scare the ottucks over by the ruby life pools and I couldn’t use both fish traps or get the reputation…Every other fishing quest in the plains on the edge of azure span same exact thing, then on top of that tiny fishing hole you throw a phasing world boss, out of the wholeeeee “Plains” he’s put in a congested area…/facepalm. Same issues with fishing in azure span…one single quest per day at the time means 50% of those quests and corresponding fish traps being inaccessible. But you guys were working on holiday transmogs being useable all year…oh…
If you guys are sooo focused on transmogs all the time?? Why if I’m running a Tomb of sargeras would artifact relics, rings, and trinkets still dominate the loot tables??? I mean I do love me a good trinket mog but…these are absolute no brainers…on behalf of the entire community. Fix broken things before being able to wear Christmas themed items year round…wth
Please for the love of Vol’jin may he rip… fix the functional game before cosmetic nonsense….you wouldn’t paint your car if it needed tires!!! You’d work on getting tires!!! Get some tires, the wheels are falling off and your boss? Or dart board is telling you to paint it…………

Hello everyone. Here are all the hotfixes for today and with this week’s weekly restarts:

JANUARY 30, 2023

Classes

• Hunter
    • Marksmanship
      • Fixed an issue where Calling the Shots was incorrectly receiving more benefit than intended while using the Chimaera Shot talent.
    • Survival
      • Fixed an issue where Deadly Duo was not properly increasing the damage of Kill Command.
  • Monk
    • Brewmaster
      • Fixed an issue where Stagger’s effect was incorrectly reduced.
    • Mistweaver
      • Fixed an issue that caused Rapid Diffusion to consume Thunder Focus Tea, Tea of Plenty, and Tea of Serenity Renewing Mist procs.
  • Shaman
    • Mana Spring now restores 200 mana when triggered at level 70 (was 400).
      • Developers’ note: With its changes in 10.0.5, the mana restored by Mana Spring is outperforming similar effects, so its value is being brought down in line with our intent.
  • Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Soul Swap now correctly copies the stack count of Agony.
      • Soul Swap now correctly copies Soul Rot, Phantom Singularity, and Vile Taint.
      • Haunted Soul is no longer canceled when Haunt is Soul Swapped.
      • Soul Swap no longer causes Corruption to damage you if Absolute Corruption is talented.
      • Soul Swap now correctly shows its remaining cooldown after exhaling.
      • Malefic Affliction is now correctly removed when your Unstable Affliction target dies.
      • Soul Rot is now affected by Dread Touch and Mastery: Potent Afflictions.
      • Fixed an issue where Malefic Affliction wouldn’t be granted if Malefic Rapture damage was absorbed.
      • Fixed an issue where Grim Reach was benefitting twice from damage modifiers.
      • Fixed an issue where Inevitable Demise was increasing the damage of Drain Life by an incorrect amount.
      • Fixed an issue where Deathbolt would deal more damage than intended in low level areas.

Dungeons and Raids

• The Nokhud Offensive
    • Balakar Khan
      • Fixed an issue causing Nokhud Stormcasters to sometimes become immune to damage during the encounter.
      • Fixed an issue causing Nokhud Stormcallers around the perimeter of Nokhudon Hold to sometimes become attackable.
      • Fixed an issue causing Nokhud Stormcasters to become attackable before the intermission of the encounter.
  • Vault of the Incarnates
    • Dathea, Ascended
      • [With weekly restarts] Static Discharge damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Infuser health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Kurog Grimtotem
      • [With weekly restarts] Frostwrought Dominator, Earthwrough Smasher, Flamewrought Eradicator, Stormwrought Despoiler, Tectonic Crusher, Frozen Destroyer, Blazing Fiend, and Thundering Ravager health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Earth, Flame, Frost, and Storm Dominance damage reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Shattering, Blistering, Chilling, and Thundering Presence damage reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Raszageth
      • [With weekly restarts] Raszageth’s health reduced by 3% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Static Charge damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Static Charge’s damage is further reduced by distance on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Spark’s Burst cast time increased to 4.5 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 3.5 seconds).
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Spark now spawn with 3 stacks of Volatile on Mythic difficulty (was 4).
      • [With weekly restarts] Stormsurge’s Shield effect reduced by 10% on Heroic difficulty.
      • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Spark’s Burst cast time increased to 6 seconds on Heroic difficulty (was 5 seconds).

Enemies and NPCs

• Fixed an issue where some of the new rare enemies did not have the silver Rare Elite dragon border.

Items and Rewards

• The Tamed Eagle trinket now summons the flying eagle visual effect upon use (was when equipped).
  • Added Apprentice’s Robes and Apprentice’s Boots (Night Elf Mage variant) to Carla Granger.
  • Carla Granger’s Rugged Trapper’s Boots and Battleworn Shoes are now Bind on Equip and can be collected.
  • Fixed an issue where All-Totem of the Master shockwaves could hit additional enemies through floors or other terrain.

Player versus Player

• Evoker
    • Chrono Loop (PvP Talent) can no longer be applied through immunities.
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • [With weekly restarts] The amplified form of Numbing Poison as applied by Shiv now has 40% reduced effectiveness in PvP combat.
        • Developers’ note: This was intended to go alongside the PvP change to Numbing Poison earlier in the season.

Professions

• Enchanting
    • Vendors have purchased so many Enchanted Writhebark Wands that they are now offering a lower price for them.
  • Engineering
    • [With weekly restarts] Piece of Scrap is now always granted on successful Tinker usage for specialized engineers (except for Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors and Tinker: Grounded Circuitry).
    • [With weekly restarts] Tinker: Plane Displacer now lasts between 15 and 18 seconds (was 12 and 18 seconds) and correctly places potions on a 5 minute cooldown (was 10 minutes).
    • [With weekly restarts] Aspects of Tinker and Bomb malfunctions have been redesigned or retuned:
      • Safety Component optional reagents are now always discovered when Tinkers malfunction.
      • Significantly reduced the damage dealt from explosion malfunctions.
      • Success chance no longer scales with Engineering Skill. The amount this granted has been made baseline.
      • Success chance granted from casting item quality has been halved, the amount lost has been made baseline.
      • Success chance granted from Specialization nodes has been doubled.
      • Maximum amount of success chance for Engineers remains unchanged. Non-engineers can achieve a slightly higher value than previously.
      • Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors now has a slight bonus to success chance for Engineers, with its maximum success chance equal to the Shadowlands variant.
        • Developers’ note: There are multiple avenues of progression to increase your gadget success chance in Dragonflight, and the difference between a newbie Engineer and an experienced tinker is substantial. However, it is clear that the gameplay did not support the fantasy and instead resulted in mostly frustrating experiences. These adjustments are intended to address many of those pain-points while maintaining the feeling of progressive mastery. While we will not be sharing exact values, we would also like to clarify that an Engineer with all 4 Safety specialization nodes and a Quality 3 tinker will reach the maximum success chance and do not need to use the Calibrated Safety Switch optional reagent. We will look for opportunities to make this system more transparent in future patches. Thank you all for your feedback!
  • Jewelcrafting
    • Sundered Onyx Loupe and Chromatic Focus have had their recipe difficulty corrected to their intended values.

Quests

• To make “The Fifth Challenge of Tyr” more enjoyable and group friendly, the following adjustments have been made:
    • The amount of progress awarded for using Irideus’ Power Core on Elite denizens of Tyrhold was increased to 35% (was 20%), meaning that you only need to use it 3 times (was 5).
    • 4 more enemies were added as viable targets for Irideus’ Power Core: Ancient Protector, Phenran, Overloading Defense Matrix, and Overseer Stonetongue.
    • Irideus’ Power Core’s cast time has been reduced to 1.5 second (was 3 seconds).
3 Likes

These Mythic nerfs are definitely welcome (ESPECIALLY Static Charge and Volatile Spark), but as long as Hurricane Wings exists the way it does there are some guilds that literally cannot get meaningful prog on this fight due to their comps. There’s a high chance we’d have killed Kurog this upcoming weekend even without these upcoming nerfs to that fight, we’d probably kill Broodkeeper the following weekend, and then we get a boss that we’d need to drastically change our raid composition to beat because we have multiple Hunters and Priests and only two Evokers.

Shaman

• Mana Spring now restores 200 mana when triggered at level 70 (was 400).
    • Developers’ note: With its changes in 10.0.5, the mana restored by Mana Spring is outperforming similar effects, so its value is being brought down in line with our intent.

ARE YOU GUYS JUST WANTING US TO GO AWAY? WE FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING NICE FOR A WHOLE FREAKING WEEK. THE TALENT AT 200 RETURN (ITS ORIGINAL DESIGN) IS A DEAD FREAKING TALENT.

7 Likes

You mean “3 times (was 6)”.

1 Like

I was using this in M+ due to those times where I need to spam heals like mad, making me go oom.

I understand that it’s much more powerful in a raid setting, but it sucks to lose mana potential in M+ due to that. For anyone wondering, I found that I got about 50-60k mana from it per dungeon.

Then again, not sure why I care if I’m leaving once my last week runs out.

Goodluck other Rshams. I was optimistic for a bit, but not so much anymore. It’s not so much that the nerf kills Rsham, but about which way the pendulum is swinging.

:wave:

1 Like

Y’all just gonna keep ignoring Guardian Druid? The 10% damage decrease nerf before the season began hit them way harder than any other class, and it’s hard to climb above 22s with them.

2 Likes

inb4 the “vendor shuffle experts” cry about fun detected. Let’s call vendor shuffle what it is; an exploit. Selling crafted gear to npcs should never be profitable.

Linxy I hope the next item on the list is a fishing bot banwave. Go check out islefin dorado prices on NA and compare it to EU.

20 x 5 =100

35 X 3 = 105

HAhah no buffs for guardian druids and a patch isn’t a patch unless resto shamans are nerfed below 1% representation in mythic plus. Glad my account runs out in 5 days, these devs are awful.

6 Likes

The guardian druid has rested

1 Like

theres another hunter spec that needs some attention. Bm has been looked at once this entire expac, good job blizz.

Lest nerf rest sharman more that really fun lol

Digging the 11 affliction bug fixes.

Resto Druids and Prevokers far outpace Resto Shaman in all forms of content, but let’s nerf Mana Spring. Is the intent for two specs to be significantly stronger than the rest?

1 Like

And when will a skip be added for characters that have already started the quest chain? I have four characters stuck in the middle of it, and there needs to be a skip at every quest, not just the first. Thanks.